IRM Spoil Wagons Are Here and IN STOCK NOW!!!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

10 hours ago, DiveController said:

If I recall you can pay with PayPal which you just sign up for and sometimes you can avail of PayPal credit over 6 months to give you a chance to spread the cost maybe?

Unfortunately PayPal credit isn't offered in Ireland yet (we can offer it on Accurascale as it's available in the UK) It does seem very handy as well! 

19 hours ago, Edo said:

Not my era - but gave the piggy bank a good shake and ordered a pack!

I might have to get a new delivery address as the commercial invoice on the outside - while understandable from a business point of view - is starting to attract the attention of the customs authorities at Chez Edo........"another package for you eh...."..........god help me when the A Class order lands........

I get mine dropped to work,  works nice and simple,  Just start to sweat when I have to remove them from car to secure location in the dead of night.

Before I used to get away with, 'It's Just More Weathering Stuff love some chap dropped to me'    LOL!

I don't have any Grey 071's but have the ol black n Silver Jobbie so can just scrape an excuse there to get some.

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Funny 2

16 hours ago, DiveController said:

Way too modern for me but many will appreciate the yellow PW. Will hold out for earlier Taras, Ballasts, coaches etc

If I recall you can pay with PayPal which you just sign up for and sometimes you can avail of PayPal credit over 6 months to give you a chance to spread the cost maybe?

paypal credit is not available in ireland yet

5 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Unfortunately PayPal credit isn't offered in Ireland yet (we can offer it on Accurascale as it's available in the UK) It does seem very handy as well! 

even with accurascale stuff once your based in ireland it wont allow  you ive tried before with other things on ebay

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I think you just need approval as a partner and then you can give it as an option to pay?

looked at the site the buyer has to be approved as well each  transaction and theres costs as well which really dont make it worthwhile as they push the model prices up

2 minutes ago, mphoey said:

looked at the site the buyer has to be approved as well each  transaction and theres costs as well which really dont make it worthwhile as they push the model prices up

heres an example

https://apply.flexifi.com/s/quote?src=0010Y00000MbPlBQAV&toURL=Quote#1

9 hours ago, hurricanemk1c said:

For those curious as to what can haul them, the list can include 8208 in the unique Enterprise livery, worked a rake down North Wall-Portlaoise on Friday 8 June 2012. Something a little different to a grey 071!

Also 216 in Belmond livery on loan to NIR along with the wagons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wexford70 said:

How many wagons would have formed a standard rake?

Was there minimum / maximum number?

Typically 8 to 12 depending on use. Right now a rake of 7 is working the DSE line the past week. NIR hired out a rake of 16 in the past year or so. 

18 is the max that can work in a rake under the 36 TEU rule exactly like the freight flats. 

Edited by Railer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:37 PM, Warbonnet said:

They wont! 

As there hasnt been pre-orders they will take longer to sell out, so you should all be nice and safe. We will sound klaxons if they get close to sell out.

Cheers!

Fran

Indeed I was nice and safe, combo pack now ordered!

I do love a bit of the anld yellew stuff :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DoctorPan said:

Indeed I was nice and safe, combo pack now ordered!

I do love a bit of the anld yellew stuff :) 

Thanks DoctorPan for the order!

Indeed you are nice and safe, looking at the sales so far we are over the 33% mark for sold so far. Thank you everyone for your orders so far!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

Received my spoil rake before the weekend. Another winner,  really like these wagons probably as they are currently operating on the network, thanks to DJ Dangerous for posting the video on page one , really nice to see the real wagons in action.Really Lovely wagon thanks again lads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 12:07 AM, DiveController said:

Even though these seemed to be pretty clean in most of the photos I have seen of them, a little weathering would add some realism to the garish PW yellow

Spoilt with Motive Power

Yes that's a lovely deep shade of yellow carrying the sleepers. Not too hard on the eyes. Not really my era, but yet again they look another set of superb models.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

@Flying Scotsman 4472 very kindly sent us some pics of his weathered spoil wagons to share with you which include his custom made sleeper load to reflect the current duties the real wagons are operating on between North Wall and Wexford on flood defence duties! The weathering truly brings these wagons to life!

118397982_3547692478599013_6985644664756910375_o.thumb.jpg.27c903a5d8230c1d1c7ae547d556cec4.jpg

118420693_3547693635265564_8585064292770580805_o.thumb.jpg.6ceb358486fee1c6966ca8ec386f1f00.jpg

118465724_3547693545265573_2007322363073378642_o.thumb.jpg.8e5f745ca867e737fad76ea476aa9596.jpg

118478401_3547692685265659_686058251368463010_o.thumb.jpg.124850c060a5298eb80d1ac2f42f9c8c.jpg

118489308_3547692911932303_1007879522257752301_o.thumb.jpg.52eba29a1a3fa9790d687ff6830e3e17.jpg

118652375_3547692485265679_4441394044827913775_o.thumb.jpg.f04f6c9d8bd73ec365ee3fec32b5bb8f.jpg

Fancy some spoil wagons of your own? Order yours today: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ie-spoil-wagons

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi everyone,

We've unearthed a carton of our pack A spoil wagons, meaning that our bundle deal on these beauties is available once again!

With a great saving on 8 wagons you can build a full rake of these modern era wagons for your layout. The spoil skips just clip free too, making them great for repurposing as container liner or keg liner wagons if you have the appropriate loads!

Stock is limited, so make sure you grab them before they go!

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ie-spoil-wagons/products/cie-ir-42-flat-spoil-wagons-bundle

Cheers!

Fran 

• 5 weeks later...
On 28/7/2021 at 7:54 PM, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

We've unearthed a carton of our pack A spoil wagons, meaning that our bundle deal on these beauties is available once again!

With a great saving on 8 wagons you can build a full rake of these modern era wagons for your layout. The spoil skips just clip free too, making them great for repurposing as container liner or keg liner wagons if you have the appropriate loads!

Stock is limited, so make sure you grab them before they go!

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ie-spoil-wagons/products/cie-ir-42-flat-spoil-wagons-bundle

Cheers!

Fran 

I have a question for the IRM guys,  I missed out on the 42’ flats the last couple of years, and am not particularly interested in the detachable spoil skips. My question is:  Are the markings and livery on the flats under the spoils inaccurate if I want to use the flats for container liner services??

Thanks

John

Also, I have a set of your Guinness kegs but not the cages used to transport them.  Can the kegs be prototypically placed on the flats without the cages?

John

43 minutes ago, johnfromoz said:

I have a question for the IRM guys,  I missed out on the 42’ flats the last couple of years, and am not particularly interested in the detachable spoil skips. My question is:  Are the markings and livery on the flats under the spoils inaccurate if I want to use the flats for container liner services??

Thanks

John

Also, I have a set of your Guinness kegs but not the cages used to transport them.  Can the kegs be prototypically placed on the flats without the cages?

John

Hi John,

The spoils sit on 'modern' 42 flats, which are just fine for running model liner trains too.

The Kegs only ever ran in cages when on the rails I'm afraid.