Project 42 bonus ball - empty flat triple pack!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Well mine have just arrived and for sake of completeness all three come with pegs at 40 spacing and another 12 in the bits bag along with spare axle bearings , coupler bars and anti theft frames.   All free running and a great addition for any liner train. A good move and thanks to all who made this extra run possible.  Now if the factory happens to a have bin with surplus bogies burning a hole in the inventory .... .

• Like 3

On 9/24/2020 at 10:25 AM, Warbonnet said:

Thanks everyone for the support! Glad we took the factory up on their kind offer of a small run and slot being available. 

Of course if you're looking for flat donors now there are our spoils and weedspray packs available which can be adapted of course. 

We will have a new announcement in a couple of weeks, so brace yourselves! :)

Cheers!

Fran

well we are expecting the announcement on the next run of ballasts hopefully not another extra surprise as its getting to close to christmas now and the tree needs a little bit of room for the kids presents

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...

In my dreams Dublin Corporation refused CIE permission to run those wagons through the city and they had to come in via Waterford and Limerick 😉

Did these wagons ever ever ever actually make it to Limerick in reality? Even for maintenance? I'm guessing no.

If Arran did manage to produce such a niche container (perhaps in cooperation with IRM a la P42) I'd be hard pressed not to buy a rake too even if I had to use a little fantasy to get them on my layout! They'd be an awesome sight of silvery goodness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flange lubricator said:

Would love too see the 27301=27794 series22'6" flats produced , same as in the lovely pictures above of the Asahi wagons .

For the brave or the adventurous! Test etch assembled 8 years ago never got around to releasing a production version, a bit too modern for my personal tastes these days😉.

DSCF6013.JPG.3fbeca5445931b607168646d6f0d03b1.JPG

There is also the original 20' version which reached a more developed stage.

DSCF1368.JPG.0b70863fc1e13899fe280465899238fc.JPG

• Like 10
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Mayner said:

For the brave or the adventurous! Test etch assembled 8 years ago never got around to releasing a production version, a bit too modern for my personal tastes these days😉.

DSCF6013.JPG.3fbeca5445931b607168646d6f0d03b1.JPG

There is also the original 20' version which reached a more developed stage.

DSCF1368.JPG.0b70863fc1e13899fe280465899238fc.JPG

I was eagerly awaiting these being released, at some point , hopefully IRM will do a project 22’ they could sell them  in 3’s with 20’ bell containers, asahi , coal , oil , grain , Guinness, tar , to name a few . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, flange lubricator said:

With all of the fabulous wagons we have had thus far , ballast , cement , fert , 42’ liners , Guinness  and taras the 22’ flats would be the “missing link” on the freight front . 

And would be useful for existing containers and keg loads too.......

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, murphaph said:

In my dreams Dublin Corporation refused CIE permission to run those wagons through the city and they had to come in via Waterford and Limerick 😉

Did these wagons ever ever ever actually make it to Limerick in reality? Even for maintenance? I'm guessing no.

I

The Asahi liner departed North-wall at 19:00 M-F and operated to a strict timetable to Ballina arriving there at 00:30-the operating instructions are a very interesting read,

The wagons were maintained at the wagon shop in  North wall.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Ah, would ye all stop with the P22 conspiracy theory???

Everybody knows that the RoadLiner trucks and two-tone green Dublin buses are already on the boat, and that we'll have the Mk3 push-pull sets and CAF Mk4 sets for Christmas!

The laminates have been in stock for months but it's nice to hold them back a little longer and troll people.

Then P47, ammonias, timbers and auto-ballasters are due for the big boys, not forgetting more Ballasts and blue Taras.

P22 is on the roadmap alright but it's years away.

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

Fantastic they'll have the AEC railcars to top and tail those laminates then too

@ArranOriginal 20ft B&I and some CIE insulated if you can find any decent pictures,

And the Guinness and Harp Tanktainers but sure, throw in the Asahi to keep the lads happy, (I'll take a rake too) nag nag nag:dig:

Now about that 20" early wagon ...

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 3