Project 42 bonus ball - empty flat triple pack!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

New releases in Irish railway modelling are coming thick and fast with spoils, weedspray, 121s, Rail Link buses and now we have an extra bonus release on project 42; empty liner flats! These are perfect for those of you who wish to bolster or build your liner trains and already had some CRail 40ft containers in stock, or fancy adding some of their colourful container range to your fleet and need wagons for them! You can also add your IRM Keg cages too! 

1.thumb.jpg.1b6a49960d27909d33d1215aa3176cd1.jpg

Our factory was able to offer us additional capacity during the assembly of the weed spray wagons so we were able to avail of a limited run of empty flats in packs of three. However, this run is quite small and limited in size with one pack on offer for €115.

10.thumb.jpg.bfb7ff4433da8399ced98f5fb0aad5cc.jpg

These wagons feature new running numbers separate to our previous 42ft flat runs too! Perfect for 40ft containers with additional more modern touches in decoration. Perfect for your 121s, 071s, 141s and 201s!

7.thumb.jpg.c0a541762ef13efd83d5608e9e250152.jpg

These beauties are now in stock and available to order here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/products/cie-ir-42-flat-triple-pack

This brings to an end our extensive 42ft project. We have something a bit different for our next newly tooled model, which we hope to reveal late 2020! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, but is it possible to buy the yellow lugs so that 20ft containers can be mounted on these, or for example, the Keg Liner flats?

Hi there,

Not at this moment. 

Thanks to everyone who has ordered so far, these have proven very popular indeed with less than 30% of stock remaining!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

slightly off topic but I removed yellow pegs from spoil wagon containers - off inner end as all held in place by the stone guard  so got 8 pegs of two wagon  so that allows two pegs on 4 short containers.   A thin slice of plastic strip held in by tacky wax would also allow a non damaging fix.  UHU or similar glue would do I guess. 

Robert    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

slightly off topic but I removed yellow pegs from spoil wagon containers - off inner end as all held in place by the stone guard  so got 8 pegs of two wagon  so that allows two pegs on 4 short containers.   A thin slice of plastic strip held in by tacky wax would also allow a non damaging fix.  UHU or similar glue would do I guess. 

Robert    

Thanks, Robert.

I had been thinking of something like that, just sticking a thin strip of plastic in to raise the end of the 20ft that sits in the centre of the flat, to match the height of the end which sits on the lugs at the end of the flat...

11 hours ago, flange lubricator said:

I have ordered a set of these just wondering will there be a version with the red oxide coloured bogies as opposed to the later version with the piebald ones ? 

Seeing as how popular these have been (almost sold out!) yes there is a distinct possibility! 

49 minutes ago, Railer said:

The Taras are not part of P42. They are there own entity that just share the same bogies. The Blue Taras are more or less ready to go and tooled up. The guys will probably hold fire until they release some of the Supertrain A class to haul them.

Correct! Blue taras will be released after the locos that haul them arrive. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Im going to pass this time - I think i've enough 42s in the liner bundle, fert bundle , spoils and weedspray !

Id say they'll sell out in short order anyway.

The rest of this years budget will be going on infrastructure....tho that green lined A class is calling to me everytime I see it for months now...I might have to do something about that😆

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Down to a mere 36 packs left in stock, these have absolutely flown out the door! Thank you to everybody who has ordered. The warehouse are snowed under with orders but we will get them out in the coming days.

We still have spoils and some weed sprays left to tempt you with! 

How many packs were run?

250?

Almost sold out in two days...

Has to be a record of some sort!

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

True , was looking on his site for transfers to do end of the sperry container  - might have to get decorated ones and use SSM decals - one to ponder if lockdown stuff goes south.  

• Like 1

must say the project 42 has been perfect it has given us so many different types of freight train .dont think any manufacturer has ever done a series like this for any railway. i look forward to seeing what treasures irm gives us next year and really hope they do finally look at passenger stock and dmus emus and steam locos soon as its their only areas not delved into yet

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I actually put 2 packs in my basket, then rethought it, and exchanged one for a weed spray set. No need to bother renumbering, I can display it occasionally if the flats have no other use than to be in the display, or repurpose the tanks and container unless we see some on a short chassis,

Just a thought 

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff. Already looking forward to a re-run with the red oxide bogies! 

I honestly think if two or three packs with different running numbers had been produced they'd have sold out almost as quickly this time, at least if I am anything to go by (and I realise a sample size of one doesn't provide statistically significant results lol). I "restricted" myself to two packs because they are duplicates. If a rake of uniquely numbered ones had been available as a bundle I'd have ordered it.

I'm not moaning by the way. Just giving a bit of feedback on my purchasing motivations 😉

Well done again lads.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for the support! Glad we took the factory up on their kind offer of a small run and slot being available. 

Of course if you're looking for flat donors now there are our spoils and weedspray packs available which can be adapted of course. 

We will have a new announcement in a couple of weeks, so brace yourselves! :)

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3