Weathering bench

Rate this topic

Dempsey

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JasonB said:

Lovely work @Dempsey. Really like the finish on the bogies and around the tank.

Thank you very much. 

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The lower level weathering in particular is photo realistic, can almost hear her rumbling along when looking at that.

If only I'd a sound chip for her.

• Funny 1

• 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, Dempsey said:

Recently completed another class 121 for somebody. Asked for a heavily weathered example. Tried a few new things an i'm delighted with the results as are they.

Your thoughts as always are appreciated.

Chris

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

Incredible stuff altogether, the grey streaks on the black paint at the bonnet end are exactly the way they looked, when the paint started to fade. Some serious weathering skills there Chris, well done sir. Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, exciecoachbuilder said:

Incredible stuff altogether, the grey streaks on the black paint at the bonnet end are exactly the way they looked, when the paint started to fade. Some serious weathering skills there Chris, well done sir. Paul

That really is absolutely top class!

I spent all of yesterday with friend Barry Carse going through severl thousand pictures with a view to organising our next book. many of these were taken in the 1970s and 80s - locomotives usually clean, but some absolutely filthy. By the 1990s, those facing retirement - first the "A"'s, then the 121 / 141 / 181s - were to be seen in an absolutely atrocious state of filth, and with badly faded paintwork and rust too. Plenty of prototypical scope for a "weatherer"!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, exciecoachbuilder said:

4 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Just perfect, top job.👏

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

That really is absolutely top class!

I spent all of yesterday with friend Barry Carse going through severl thousand pictures with a view to organising our next book. many of these were taken in the 1970s and 80s - locomotives usually clean, but some absolutely filthy. By the 1990s, those facing retirement - first the "A"'s, then the 121 / 141 / 181s - were to be seen in an absolutely atrocious state of filth, and with badly faded paintwork and rust too. Plenty of prototypical scope for a "weatherer"!

Thank all very much. High praise indeed. While having no memory of this locomotive and having to relay on pictures taken by others it is great to hear such remarks from those that do.

• Like 2

Nailed it once again, excellent work,  I used to think I just liked my trains with that out of the box look, totally unrealistic when compared to this realistic work, love it 👍  cheers John.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, John-r said:

Nailed it once again, excellent work,  I used to think I just liked my trains with that out of the box look, totally unrealistic when compared to this realistic work, love it 👍  cheers John.

If you ever want some of them weathered I'd be happy to help.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1