Weathering bench

Rate this topic

Dempsey

2 hours ago, Galteemore said:

080 looks fab. Just as I remember them 

For me when someone says it's just how I remember them its high praise indeed

1 hour ago, JasonB said:

Fantastic work. 080 is the standout for me. Really like the grime around the exhaust and fans in particular. 

Thanks Jason. For me personally it is a favourite having really taken the time to apply lessons learnt and from feedback I've got from here. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dempsey said:

080 got the good news over the Christmas break and 210 got some work done removing some of my early attempts at weathering. 085 is currently on the work bench receiving some work to help with that factory weathering. As always your thoughts are appreciated. 

IMG_20211228_160419_759_552516414520899.jpg

Absolute perfection!

• Like 2

On 28/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, Dempsey said:

080 got the good news over the Christmas break and 210 got some work done removing some of my early attempts at weathering. 085 is currently on the work bench receiving some work to help with that factory weathering. As always your thoughts are appreciated. 

IMG_20211228_160419_759_552516414520899.jpg

IMG_20211228_160840_371_552751651673988.jpg

Only saw this now- Wow!

Really top class, so realistic and not overdone- spot on!

No less than you'd expect though 👍👍

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/1/2022 at 9:33 PM, JasonB said:

Really nice work. Masking is one of them jobs that can be quite tedious at times. But is always worth the effort when you achieve results like that. 

Masking is one of my least favourite things but it is one of the most important if you want a quality finish 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, popeye said:

They look soo good and the colour is just right. =D

4 hours ago, PJR said:

The most realistic weathering of these models that  I have seen, well done sir.

3 hours ago, John-r said:

Absolutely fantastic, same sentiments as above most realistic yet, well done.

Very high praise thank you very much. 

4 hours ago, murphaph said:

Excellent. That's what you want, nice bit of caked on cement. Is it real cement?

It is real cement dust. I had some trouble with it initially as ot was my first time using it but I'm happy and more importantly the owner is happy with the results

• WOW! 2

Very well done indeed! I can attest to the quality of Dempsey's weathering, as it is his by his fair hand that my Woolwichs, 00 Works J15s, 141s and "A"s were made work-weary, equally realistically.

Regarding the cement wagons, yes, in real life they got a good coating of actual cement. One thing I do remember is that this seemed to get much worse with the passing years. In the latter-day "cream" livery (with either logo!), they were always absolutely filthy - so much so that sometimes they could have been painted tartan and pink for all the world knew. However, in the original standard wagon grey, and earlier days of the later orange, they were kept much cleaner.

• Like 4