First Post/Limerick Colbert

Rate this topic

driver301

Hi All,

I am an N Gauge Modeller have been a fan of this site for some time. I have built a couple of layouts that some modellers may know from exhibitions, namely Carlow Station & Wellingtonbheag both of course which are modelled in N gauge.

I look into Irish Railway Modeller almost daily to see the everybody's updates & views on topics. I must say there are some fantastic projects being undertaken by individuals & it is great to see so much interest in Irish Model Railways now that the real railway scene is so predictable. I find that this site is a fantastic resource to new modellers & experienced ones to share/exchange experiences & I must commend everybody involved for that.

My next project will be based on Limerick Colbert Station which will be my first attempt at a terminal station. There will be a small bit of modellers licence employed (but not too much!) I plan to base the model on current day operations however not a huge amount has changed there so with a change of rolling stock it could very easily resemble the 80's or 90's. I will post regular updates/photos as the project progresses & look forward to any feedback.

Welcome aboard Driver, I've only seen photos of WellingtonBheag, but it's wonderful, especially given that it's N and all the bashing and hacking that's required! Seeing as it's Colbert, I'll be paying special attention, and looking forward to seeing it develop. "Know what I mean, kid?" :P

For those unfamiliar with his layout work, heres a link to Wanderers photos of Wexford show last year.

Wellingtonbheag is a new N Gauge layout by Paul Deere from Carlow. It is based on the Wellingtonbridge Station on the mothballed Rosslare Strand - Waterford railway. The layout features landmarks associated with the line such as the Beet Loading terminal, Snow Hill Tunnel and Ballycogley Bridge. Sun 08.04.12

Richie.

Hi All,

I am an N Gauge Modeller have been a fan of this site for some time. I have built a couple of layouts that some modellers may know from exhibitions, namely Carlow Station & Wellingtonbheag both of course which are modelled in N gauge.

I look into Irish Railway Modeller almost daily to see the everybody's updates & views on topics. I must say there are some fantastic projects being undertaken by individuals & it is great to see so much interest in Irish Model Railways now that the real railway scene is so predictable. I find that this site is a fantastic resource to new modellers & experienced ones to share/exchange experiences & I must commend everybody involved for that.

My next project will be based on Limerick Colbert Station which will be my first attempt at a terminal station. There will be a small bit of modellers licence employed (but not too much!) I plan to base the model on current day operations however not a huge amount has changed there so with a change of rolling stock it could very easily resemble the 80's or 90's. I will post regular updates/photos as the project progresses & look forward to any feedback.

Welcome to the site Paul! Unfortunately I've never seen Wellingtonbeg in the flesh, but the photos looked great, and I loved your Carlow layout at Bangor last year! Maybe you could consider basing the layout on 10 years earlier or so, so you could have the freight flow as well ;) but good luck whatever you choose to do!

Thanks for the warm welcome lads. I have attached the track layout which is simplified & modified however still resembles Limerick & could be used for freight if required:D. The buildings will of course resemble the real think although I will be shortening the platforms slightly due to space constraints. The Roxborough road bridge will act as the scenic barrier between the viewing area & fiddle yard. I will post up plenty of updates as the layout progresses over the next few weeks. There is also a couple of pictures of Carlow & Wellingtonbheag below if anyone is interested. 14092012190.jpg

Limerick Track Layout.png

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the warm welcome lads. I have attached the track layout which is simplified & modified however still resembles Limerick & could be used for freight if required:D. The buildings will of course resemble the real think although I will be shortening the platforms slightly due to space constraints. The Roxborough road bridge will act as the scenic barrier between the viewing area & fiddle yard. I will post up plenty of updates as the layout progresses over the next few weeks. There is also a couple of pictures of Carlow & Wellingtonbheag below if anyone is interested. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5751[/ATTACH]

Hey hey! I saw this in Bangor today! One of my top favourites of what was there, keep up the good work!