Jump to content

Dempsey

Members
  • Posts

    535
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Dempsey

  1. Didn't even know they were a thing
  2. Each time I watch it I catch some details I missed on the track plan
  3. There you go @Rob
  4. The overall dimensions is 6 foot by 2 foot for the display part. With two storage tracks to the rear.
  5. Below is a rough initial track plan based on the above plan and with stills taken from videos on YouTube of workings in the yard itself before its closure. The blue line simulates a scenic break between the layout and the storage area. In front of that in black is a road bridge over the line and the following road. The section in red will be isolated and unpowered scenic track which would have lead toward Greenore and some long since removed trackage at this point. Also the end that overhangs off the baseboard will be cut flush and not as shown here. The two orange lines represent the rails for the gantry crane. Yet undecided whether or not this will be motorized in some way or just stationary. This is just a rough track plan which is subject to revising and is by no means the finished plan. As always your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Chris.
  6. I've found a video on YouTube of movements in the yard around when I plan to set it. 121s bonnet first among them
  7. After coming across this plan some time ago on this forum and after much thought I thought I'd try my hand at an exhibition layout of the yard. While the image below is an original plan I will be aiming to model the yard in the last year or months before it finally closed. Your thoughts, feedback or information in regards to the yard are as always greatly appreciated. Chris
  8. If they had have been real it would have been some impressive traffic management
  9. It's not because of myself and rob's driving any
  10. Very beneficial to give the closest representation
  11. If I knew how to do it I'd love too but I think MM and IRM have it covered.
  12. All wagons sold.
  13. 071 sold
  14. For sale. Original IE grey class 071 no.078 and 9 dapol pocket wagons repainted into irish rail and weathered by myself. Two of the wagons come with containers again which are weathered. Locomotive is an excellent runner and brilliant condition without detail pack fitted, in box which is also as new. Would be prefer to sale as a bundle for ease but will split if necessary. Price: 071 - €300 Pocket wagons - €200 or €25 per wagon. Would be interested in part exchange for a mm mk2 genny in tippex livery. Would much rather sale here then on ebay. Reason for selling due to being out of my modelling era and I believe it should be enjoyed. Please feel free to PM. Thanks Chris
  15. I have to say I really like 213 in that freight livery. Wonder will the paint shop in inchicore take some inspiration and apply it to a 201 . On an other nore looks like it was a great day.
  16. tippex one, unless a galway liveried one managed to find itself along the dundalk Dublin line
  17. In all seriousness though might there be a chance of a mk2 genny at the next fair?
  18. 071's you say
  19. Impressive just dos not do this layout justice.
  20. One of my favourite layouts. Congratulations and looking forward to future updates
  21. Brilliant result.
  22. A lesson in when your in a hurry take a second to look at the start date of the thread
  23. Exact same feeling. Hopefully not long to wait.
  24. Brilliant news
  25. This could also be done on Instagram for those who us it as hashtags can be applied to posts
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use