Classified - Murphy Models - Class 201 - NIR Livery (MM0209)

Rate this topic

ShaneC

Murphy Models - Class 201 - NIR Livery (MM0209)

Selling this MM0209 River Foyle (NIR livery) variant of the popular Murphy Models Class 201 loco.

Bought from eBay a while back in brand new, un-used condition, I've only had it out of the box for a few seconds to check all is there but I've never used/ran it. Original packaging, extras & instructions included.

Prefer to sell in-person (I'm based in the the Docklands / Dublin 1) but I'll send domestically via registered post for €10 extra if required. Will accept Cash, PayPal F&F or Revolut transfer.

• Advertiser
    ShaneC
  • Date
    27/06/21
  • Price
    €150
  • Category

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, no.

@ShaneC hasn't logged in to the form since July 11th, two weeks after I paid him.

He IS active on Adverts.ie, selling quite a bit - according to one of his adverts, he is emigrating, and according to another, he's selling off IT equipment from a business that failed.

I commented on both of his active Adverts.ie ads this morning, but he withdrew both adverts an hour later:

https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/gaming-pc-i7-4790k-32gb-gtx980-500gb-ssd-2tb-hdd/24596878

https://www.adverts.ie/other-printers-and-scanners/anycubic-mono-x-resin-3d-printer-elegoo-mercury-plus-2-in-1-wash-cure-station/24595709

His location seems to change frequently; Raheney (maybe @WRENNEIRE's neighbour!!!), North Wall, Dublin 1, Docklands etc.

Sad, but feeling as if I've been conned by a forum member makes me feel uncomfortable using the forum as a result.

Not worth the cost of flying up to Ireland to go knocking on doors...

• Angry 4

That's awful to hear. Hopefully Shane has an epiphany and does the right thing asap. You could reach out to other adverts.ie members who've bought off him to get a real address maybe....

Or maybe a member on here has sold Irish railway items to a Shane in that area. Maybe they could PM you....

• Like 1

It's clearly not an honest mistake at this stage. The user SCMG saw the messages and within minutes withdrew the ads on adverts.ie. 

I'm quite sure Shane reads these messages even if he isn't logging into the site. Hi Shane! Do the decent thing man. Return the money. It's a crime to take money for an item you never deliver. I expect the guards in Raheny/Donaghmede will be involved if that money isn't returned pronto.

It may seem like one can hide behind the anonymity of the internet but that's not true 😉

• Like 2

Jesus,  17 years old setting up company, I was too busy with Space lego and me ZX Spectrum back then to care about cash.....All about the Green backs for these young fellas, Feel sorry for them, Hope you get sorted PP should be able to deal with this.

Many adventures with this yoke

image.png.a50bf836de32fed710adb8d19402e908.png

• Funny 2

Even if PayPal don't feel inclined to assist. Taking money for an item that is then not provided is an actual crime, regardless of the method of payment. It's possibly even as serious a crime as fraud.

If I was that person I'd ship that loco immediately and if it doesn't exist or has been sold elsewhere I'd return that money immediately before this escalates.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Blaine said:

Provided he used goods and services and not friends and family

I foolishly offered @ShaneC the same level of trust as I have to the many other forum members from whom I've bought various unwanted spoils.

Despite him posting here like somebody who really hadn't a clue what they were talking about, I offered the trust anyhow.

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Jesus,  17 years old setting up company, I was too busy with Space lego and me ZX Spectrum back then to care about cash.....All about the Green backs for these young fellas, Feel sorry for them, Hope you get sorted PP should be able to deal with this.

Many adventures with this yoke

image.png.a50bf836de32fed710adb8d19402e908.png

Jaysus, George, at seventeen it was all about work, music, cars and girls...

The Lego had long since been stored!

I must look for some photos of my old Lego stuff..

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

It's clearly not an honest mistake at this stage. The user SCMG saw the messages and within minutes withdrew the ads on adverts.ie. 

I'm quite sure Shane reads these messages even if he isn't logging into the site. Hi Shane! Do the decent thing man. Return the money. It's a crime to take money for an item you never deliver. I expect the guards in Raheny/Donaghmede will be involved if that money isn't returned pronto.

It may seem like one can hide behind the anonymity of the internet but that's not true 😉

Trying to be understanding, and Shane definitely reads these messages, but this will be resolved, one way or another.

Fraud is fraud, simple as.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Yeah I mean I'll probably be a bit wary of members such as myself that have "only" been here a year or so. Obviously the folks I've dealt with already I will be able to trust and I'd probably feel reasonably comfortable buying off long standing members or members that are recommended by others. I do suspect the odds of this happening again are pretty low though. Shame it had to happen at all.

• Like 4

I suppose it does open a debate on trust, but I'm sure that he's the one in a hundred.

Could have been a great success story, dropping out of school at fifteen and setting up a business at seventeen...

But if you spend your days hiding behind the curtains looking out for that strange car outside, there is no happy ending.

I've dealt with a lot of forum members, most have asked for bank transfers or PayPal F&F, and all but this one have been honest people, so I hope this doesn't deter others.

• Like 7

I've dealt with numerous members on here over the years, buying and selling, and luckily never experienced behaviour like this. I think it's fair to say these type of incidents are few and far between. 

Reading the recent posts above, I wouldn't be surprised if the loco had already been shifted while it was being advertised here, that's if he even had it to sell in the first place. If that is the case, he's lower than a snakes bollox, and ought to be ashamed of himself. 

Hopefully, this gets sorted for you sooner rather than later. 

• Like 4

Shane Corry has blotted his copybook on here for sure and even if the loco has been sold elsewhere he has the option to return the F& F gift thru PayPal. He doesn't need the site to do this and I 'm suggesting he be banned form the site. @BosKonay

I would ask forum members to be vigilant for this fellow on other sites and keep Dave in the loop. 

He sold the same or an identical item on adverts one month ago

https://www.adverts.ie/toy-cars-trains-boats-planes/murphy-models-class-201-nir-livery-mm0209-oo-scale/23939468

Adverts advise the following regarding what to do with stolen items (Dave paid for it and it was retained)

We take reports on stolen items very seriously here, however we now need your help. 

We cannot tell if an item is stolen and each member of adverts agrees to our terms and conditions, which state that they should own the item for sale. Stolen items or suspected stolen items are something that needs to be investigated by the Gardaí. 

You should now report this to the Gardaí and tell them the reason why you suspect it to be stolen. You should also give them the name of the seller, their location and a description of the item for sale along with the asking price. We have some information on the seller but all such information is bound by the Data Protection Act. The Gardaí can get access to this information but they will need to submit a request for information under section 8 of the data protection act to us either by fax (01 478 9242) or by post: Adverts.ie, Latin Hall, Golden Lane, Dublin 8.

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 4

I believe he has or had possession of the loco and took those pictures of it. The images aren't downloaded from the internet and in fact you can see the resin printer and wash station he was trying to sell on adverts.ie before swiftly withdrawing the ad when asked where the loco is.

• Like 1

Yes, @flange lubricator, @ShaneC marked that advert as sold a couple of days after I paid him.

I assumed that he marked it as sold there, after selling it to me, here on the forum.

It would now appear that he sold the same locomotive to two different parties, accepting payment from both.

Not yet, @jhb171achill, as I'm trying to resolve it at a pre-Garda level, first.

Adverts.ie removed my comments requesting a refund from both of Shane's adverts today:

https://www.adverts.ie/other-printers-and-scanners/anycubic-mono-x-resin-3d-printer-elegoo-mercury-plus-2-in-1-wash-cure-station/24595709

https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/gaming-pc-i7-4790k-32gb-gtx980-500gb-ssd-2tb-hdd/24596878

I have contacted them and asked them to reinstate the comments, and I am pursuing a refund from Shane via another channel.

If this fails, I will have no choice but to involve the Gardai.

• Like 3

Interesting to see how this develops (and I hope you get your money back), from a general point of information about the rights, wrongs, practicalities and legalities of online selling in general.

Personally, I have bought quite a few items online over the years, especially when building up what at one time was a pretty large 009 collection (all since sold to pay for MM 141s and 121s!)….never any major probs, though one of two things I got years ago weren’t QUITE the bargain they appeared to be once I got them…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Just to update.

I received a private message from Shane on the forum a few moments ago, saying that the locomotive is due to be delivered tomorrow, and apologising for the delay.

If true, I hope to be posting here tomorrow with good news.

Apologizing that he got caught more like! A simple 'check(loco) is in the mail' on here and a tracking number to you would have saved us a lot of annoyance. FFS you have been pursuing your purchase through multiple channels for 7 weeks or so. Anyway, we'll leave it there if the loco arrives which I hope it does 🙂

• Like 1

In fairness to @ShaneC, my friend received a parcel on Thursday night.

He opened it today and here is the result:

I am not sure why there was a two month delay, but Shane has kept his end of the deal, and the loco has been received.

He has also apologised to me twice for the delay, once just before delivering the loco and once just after.

I sincerely hope that me dragging this out in public through my own exasperation has not caused any damage to the forum or the trust between members, and I apologise if I have done so.

As time rolled by, I simply felt that I had no other alternative.

Happy that the matter is now resolved, and thank you to everybody here on the forum for their support, both public and in private - you know who you are!

• Like 12
  • Informative 2