Customs & VAT

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

46 minutes ago, irishmail said:

How long would you normally wait for delivery after customs/VAT paid.  Last item I had was delivered next day but seems like Anpost have gone on a go slow again.  No update on tracking since yesterday morning.

Paid yesterday morning and got email receipt and conformation and stated they would now 'deliver' my parcel.  

04 July 2024 11:29

Customs charges have been paid. Your item will be processed and delivered as soon as possible.

04 July 2024 11:21

A customs charge has been applied to this item and details have been sent to you. The fee can be paid on our website, or at your local post office.

02 July 2024 18:25

Item information received from the sender/retailer

9 days last month for me, too frustrating.

Got an email from Royal Mail telling me "

Your parcel LG**********GB from ELLIS JAMES CLARK has now arrived in Ireland.

Checked An Post Track and Trace and got this "

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12"

No shortage of updates from Royal Mail!

• Like 2

Latest  update  on mine,   will not  be  getting it  till  monday  now  at  the  earliest. Last  time  I paid  a  customs  charge on a Thursday  I had item  delivered  next  day.  Seems Royal mail  and  Anpost  delibreatly  hold  things  up  for no reason!   

05 July 2024 11:59

We have your item and will process it for delivery DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

05 July 2024 11:57

We have received your item DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

Customs charges have been paid. Your item will be processed and delivered as soon as possible.

A customs charge has been applied to this item and details have been sent to you. The fee can be paid on our website, or at your local post office.

1 hour ago, irishmail said:

Latest  update  on mine,   will not  be  getting it  till  monday  now  at  the  earliest. Last  time  I paid  a  customs  charge on a Thursday  I had item  delivered  next  day.  Seems Royal mail  and  Anpost  delibreatly  hold  things  up  for no reason!   

05 July 2024 11:59

We have your item and will process it for delivery DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

05 July 2024 11:57

We have received your item DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

Anpost don't have your parcel yet, it's still with revenue until they release it to anpost, that's the hold up every time, I discovered that through a lot of research.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

36 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Anpost don't have your parcel yet, it's still with revenue until they release it to anpost, that's the hold up every time, I discovered that through a lot of research.

Revenue don’t physically have the parcel, it’s just takes An post a few days to register the payment, file the customs entry and release the parcel for delivery 

• Agree 2

Got this this morning from Royal Mail

Your parcel from ELLIS JAMES CLARK has now arrived at your local office and is being processed for delivery.

..............................................................................................................

So I checked An Post tracking and my package is indeed out for delivery today. I will inform NASA when the Eagle has landed.

• Funny 2

Posted (edited)

NASA the EAGLE has landed.👍

Just to confirm this Royal Mail just sent me this.."You have received your parcel LG............ from ELLIS JAMES CLARK ."

Edited by spudfan
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

This gets stranger by the day.

I got a customs demand this morning for a package from Roads & Rails.

I checked back through the tracking & it's the same package that An Post told me they were sending back to the sender on 30th June.

It seems that someone with a head on their shoulders decided to let it go through.

They really are just making this up as they go along 🙄

The problem is that we can't really trust them anymore as we don't know what they want.

Tony.

EDIT.

Well my UK packet finally arrived after being round the houses in An Post for the past few weeks.

I reckon the automatic sorting was throwing up too many rejections so they sent in a human to investigate.

Edited by amdaley
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

ICS2 Destination...

My last two parcels of Bulleid Opens were delivered yesterday, a good week or two after the first arrived.

Both of these parcels were held back by Customs in Madrid, then released, no contact or anything, just held back and subsequently released.

Both are labelled as "ICS2 Destination", but nothing else was labelled as such.

My understanding would be that mainland Spain is an ICS2 destination, as with the rest of the EU.

As Canarias have their own Customs and tax regime due to their autonomy, are they also an ICS2 destination?

Or was that likely a labelling error, and the reason behind the subsequent delay?

Or does anything passing through the EU before going to a non-EU destination need such labelling?

I can't remember ever seeing an "ICS2 Destination" label on a parcel here before.

Normally, for Canarias, the An Post staff behind the counter have to fill out an AED, basically a digital declaration, and the parcel must also have a physical CN23 decalaration attached.

If either is missing or incomplete, or the info on the two conflict, the parcel will be rejected and returned to the sender.

Does ICS2 mean that a third declaration is now required for Canarias, the ENS or whatever it's called?

4 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

ICS2 Destination...

My last two parcels of Bulleid Opens were delivered yesterday, a good week or two after the first arrived.

Both of these parcels were held back by Customs in Madrid, then released, no contact or anything, just held back and subsequently released.

Both are labelled as "ICS2 Destination", but nothing else was labelled as such.

My understanding would be that mainland Spain is an ICS2 destination, as with the rest of the EU.

As Canarias have their own Customs and tax regime due to their autonomy, are they also an ICS2 destination?

Or was that likely a labelling error, and the reason behind the subsequent delay?

Or does anything passing through the EU before going to a non-EU destination need such labelling?

I can't remember ever seeing an "ICS2 Destination" label on a parcel here before.

Normally, for Canarias, the An Post staff behind the counter have to fill out an AED, basically a digital declaration, and the parcel must also have a physical CN23 decalaration attached.

If either is missing or incomplete, or the info on the two conflict, the parcel will be rejected and returned to the sender.

Does ICS2 mean that a third declaration is now required for Canarias, the ENS or whatever it's called?

Must of left the EU at some stage on its Journey.

The EU's new advance cargo information system ICS2 supports implementation of this new customs safety and security regulatory regime aimed to better protect single market and EU citizens. It will collect data about all goods entering the EU prior to their arrival. Economic Operators (EOs) will have to declare safety and security data to ICS2, through the Entry Summary Declaration (ENS). The obligation to start filing such declarations will not be the same for all EOs. It will depend on the type of services that they provide in the international movement of goods and is linked to the three release dates of ICS2 (15 March 2021, 1 March 2023, and 3 June 2024).

30 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Must of left the EU at some stage on its Journey.

The EU's new advance cargo information system ICS2 supports implementation of this new customs safety and security regulatory regime aimed to better protect single market and EU citizens. It will collect data about all goods entering the EU prior to their arrival. Economic Operators (EOs) will have to declare safety and security data to ICS2, through the Entry Summary Declaration (ENS). The obligation to start filing such declarations will not be the same for all EOs. It will depend on the type of services that they provide in the international movement of goods and is linked to the three release dates of ICS2 (15 March 2021, 1 March 2023, and 3 June 2024).

Everything for me follows the same route, has forever:

Dublin - Portlaoise - Dublin - Heathrow - Madrid - Huelva - Taco - local delivery.

So did these two pop over to China or somewhere on their way?

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Everything for me follows the same route, has forever:

Dublin - Portlaoise - Dublin - Heathrow - Madrid - Huelva - Taco - local delivery.

So did these two pop over to China or somewhere on their way?

You never fail to provide weird and quirky situations for us Dave! 

A new one for me, I wonder if they were applied in Heathrow(outside the EU) to be allowed into Spain..

Must check the tracking on your order out of curiosity but at least they got to you..

• Funny 1

5 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

You never fail to provide weird and quirky situations for us Dave! 

A new one for me, I wonder if they were applied in Heathrow(outside the EU) to be allowed into Spain..

Must check the tracking on your order out of curiosity but at least they got to you..

LOL, I find new ways to motivate you...

Five points if you can name the source of that quote.

Only two of the Bulleid Open parcels had the ICS2 labels, the two that were delayed at CAM4 Madrid.

The rest arrived a week or two earlier, with no ICS2 labels, hence my confusion.

It’s strange how much ‘suffering’ people have to endure in order to receive their IRM purchases. Living in the UK, or Brexitstan as it is known in some quarters, I have experienced no problems whatsoever. Is that the experience of others in the UK?

Stephen

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

25 minutes ago, StevieB said:

It’s strange how much ‘suffering’ people have to endure in order to receive their IRM purchases. Living in the UK, or Brexitstan as it is known in some quarters, I have experienced no problems whatsoever. Is that the experience of others in the UK?

Stephen

LOL, “suffering” is a bit extreme.

The UK haven’t caught up with the rest of the world for customs and importation, yet.

When they swallow their BrExit pride and start checking thoroughly, it’ll be the same as everywhere else.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, irishmail said:

Just had  VAT demand from Anpost customs for my latest Railtec transfer order.   First time this has happed with Railtec, but can't complain as VAT is deducted when ordering. 

One issue to be aware of is Anpost is increasing its admin fee to €4.95 from 9th September!!

Still Cheap for an Entry but extra cost not welcomed, I find myself dipping into European model shops nowadays.

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, irishmail said:

Just had  VAT demand from Anpost customs for my latest Railtec transfer order.   First time this has happed with Railtec, but can't complain as VAT is deducted when ordering. 

One issue to be aware of is Anpost is increasing its admin fee to €4.95 from 9th September!!

Like everything with AnPost.

Costs go up but service in still poor 🙄

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, amdaley said:

Like everything with AnPost.

Costs go up but service in still poor 🙄

Think Anpost should be renamed 'Failpost'   My order from Railtec was posted 23rd August,  Anpost received item on 30th , got notification for customs charge on Tues 3rd Sept which I paid and then told item will be delivered. Now two days later still no delivery.  

Hopefully will arrive tomorrow!??

• Like 1