Class 37 - Overpopulation?

Rate this topic

Noel

Most likely Bachmann Europe attempting to re-gain market share lost to Accurascale, and retail commissions, the Deltic and Class 37 were important models in Bachmann UK  'Modern Outline" locomotive range.

It will be interesting to see if Bachmann/Kader will adjust their Class 37 pricing to compete with Accurascale on price.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Mayner said:

Most likely Bachmann Europe attempting to re-gain market share lost to Accurascale, and retail commissions, the Deltic and Class 37 were important models in Bachmann UK  'Modern Outline" locomotive range.

It will be interesting to see if Bachmann/Kader will adjust their Class 37 pricing to compete with Accurascale on price.

Considering our Class 37 was launched 2 years ago, and they launched theirs last week, with the new RRP, most unlikely :)

10 hours ago, Branchline121 said:

It's a shame really as I would prefer Bachmann doing (appropriate such as LMS Jinty for NCC Y not 158 for 2700) resprays like they did in the 2000s (with proper rolling stock for them this time of course) or a modern rerun of the 141s/071s.

The former was a comission by Paddy Muorhy the second a comission by the Irish model shops and the 141/071 Murphy models items. So while bachmann may have made some of it, they no longer make comissions. 

Can't speak for all modellers, only for myself, and a handful who I imagine are in the same boat...

Why would you want Bachmann or anybody dabbling in the Irish market right now?

The IRM lads have said time and again that their UK side is what keeps their Irish side afloat. Wouldn't be worth their while to continue without the UK side.

If another manufacturer, Bachmann for example, were to cut a slice of that already-anorexic pie, we may end up saying goodbye to Irish RTR models altogether.

Is anybody really short-sighted enough to want one or two Bachmann Irish releases, more than likely nowhere near as accurate as IRM stuff, and then have nothing at all after that because everybody throws the towel in?

Bachmann Class 37 timing is very suspicious, I do concur. If it was an announcement, not a physical in-stock release, it would be grand, but they've obviously been working at it a while if they have the models on the shelves already.

The only "bad" thing for Irish modellers at the moment is the affect that IRM are having on their bank balances!

We've never had it so good. Can't be said enough times.

• Like 1

Doubt that any other manufacturer is going to dabble in the Irish market, anyhow, the guys at IRM have a lot of goodies to anounce this year so calm down and be patient.

The feeling I gather is the new Bachmann 37 seems to have received a luke warm reception - my money was on them producing an updated Class 70.

• Like 1

On 13/8/2022 at 2:14 PM, Irishswissernie said:

Bachmann still do commissions but it is extremely unlikely that someone / shop etc will come forward with the necessary finance to do any Irish prototypes.

The most recent one I think was the Caledonian 812 0-6-0 for Rails of Sheffield and they have also been commissioned by TMC to produce an NER G5 0-4-4T.

Perhaps to  clarify, they no longer do comissions. 

The Irish market isn't remotely viable on it's own, but it is growing, and we hope measures like advertising in the UK outline magazines, and showing Irish stock on accurascale.com will help that. Right now tho, accurascale is the only reason IRM exists. We do have many exciting things to share, some not too surprising, some a bit shocking, several powered, all before year end tho, so watch this space :)

1 minute ago, BosKonay said:

The Irish market isn't remotely viable on it's own, but it is growing, and we hope measures like advertising in the UK outline magazines, and showing Irish stock on accurascale.com will help that. Right now tho, accurascale is the only reason IRM exists. We do have many exciting things to share, some not too surprising, some a bit shocking, several powered, all before year end tho, so watch this space :)

OK, will contact bank manager and cardiologist mañana...

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

. We do have many exciting things to share, some not too surprising, some a bit shocking, several powered, all before year end tho, so watch this space :)

Oh Christ lt was “only 1 powered item this year” a couple of months ago 

my financial plans are ruined and I shall now re-morgage d’house 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

28 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Oh Christ lt was “only 1 powered item this year” a couple of months ago 

my financial plans are ruined and I shall now re-morgage d’house 

In fairness, back in March, IRM said two powered announcements this year, then in the summer they said that global logistics were causing delays - but we were well warned!

On 4/3/2022 at 12:46 PM, BosKonay said:

If it helps with planning we have a small announcement in the next few weeks,, then something in April, something powered in late April/ Early May, something else in June, something else in July, and August and September and October (also powered) :)

• Like 1