IRM At The Dublin Show 2022 - Just What Will We Announce?

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Surprised from the announcements from Irish railway modeller stand and Accurascale display stand was superb class 92 and class 37 were superb and Irm display stand Northern Ireland intercity livery carriages was superb bought Accurascale br ews MGR coal hopper pack nice touch when they give you an IRm bag and the free leaflet was appreciated ; the queues trying to get to the stand was unbelievable

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Galteemore said:

In the spirit of the forum, how many of each scone flavour were produced? Could you bulk buy for a discount or preorder? And what flavours will be on offer next year? 

Don't worry give it a week and the scones will be commanding silly money on ebay.

• Funny 5

13 hours ago, Broithe said:

I was looking to get a full rake of the scones, but the butter was a rather deeper yellow than it should have been.

It ought to be more of a 'straw colour' really.

I’m playing the long game. Froze a set and will wait on the market ….given the good news this w/e I think every Irish modeller should eat a scone in honour of Raheny 2022…..

1024CF91-6F6C-4711-9DD8-6B65128A2F5F.jpeg

• WOW! 1
  • Funny 5

On 29/10/2022 at 9:31 PM, BosKonay said:

And unfortunately we’ve four whole new ranges to lunch between now and February.  Sorry!

Sweet Jesus..................I'll be in negotiations with the IMF by this time next year!

Actually - all things considered - I'll be happy to be conducting credit negotiations with whoever this time next year if that madman in Moscow hasn't lifted every railway line from Gibraltar to Gdansk by then..........scary times folks and its great to have a hobby to disappear into for a bit of mental escapist relief.

Edited by Edo
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Those eggs are the wrong gauge, and they don't have struts down the whole way.

I'm still not happy with the shade of yellow on the butter, so I'll be selling these kits as seconds, at a good price.

I'm also considering doing a much larger scale version, initially  for BR Southern region, but using EMU eggs, of course.

• Funny 5

8 hours ago, chris said:

Is there a 4th announcement?

or was that the little rail tractor thing 😀

I'd love some Dutch vans, just sayin.

1. Container Liners

2. Dicky Taras

3. Mk2A/B/C Coaches

4. 22000 DMUs

I think that the little shunter from the train care depot was like a bonus ball.

@murphaph did mention that somebody on rmWeb said that Dutch Vans were "probably" going to be done at some stage, but I'd wait for a more formal announcement before getting too excited.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Some other Un-model related things I picked up was these posters. I’ll need to frame thing they look so good! Unfortunatly the GSR one looks to be made out of a print rather then being based on a real poster but it’s style is interesting none the less

31D1B6E7-2B37-40F6-9DFB-4BE4779FA19E.thumb.jpeg.46b3d2540a5ecf00d638a3a0a415dc6c.jpeg

8504CA90-681D-4F15-B615-64935312D8E9.thumb.jpeg.c28d8d38cc5cb5a65a23d19841de6df0.jpeg

I also picked up a few things by the merchendise stand, a green hat and polo shirt 

5718FAE9-93F6-4EE7-8719-0B8B1AD12605.thumb.jpeg.4c4e796cc0afd781f7c8735aeda84f5f.jpeg

and don’t worry, I did check with JHB, it’s the right shade of Eau de nil 

• Like 7
  • Funny 2

Went over on Saturday with a buying plan that mostly consisted of picking up some stuff I'd pre-ordered from Chris Dyer but his absence (such a shame) knocked me sideways a bit. Between that and a few people I'd wanted to have a proper chat with being 4 deep with other punters, I realised when I got home I hadn't ticked all the boxes I should have. So ended up going back over today and was very glad I did. With less people around it was much easier to have a chat with the lads from MM, IRM and Provincial about what they have and future plans. Whilst I missed out on the extra 141s, the bonus was that a few Supertrain liveried Mk 2 D's had turned up down the back of the MM sofa and were going at €60 a pop, bloody good bargain that. Even though I'm modelling the Burma Road, I do one day hope to do a South East layout, so had my arm twisted into picking up a rake of Mags up at the IRM stand. Also had the chance to have a proper chat with Leslie from Provincial Wagons and picked myself up an RTR cattle wagon. All around, very good show and so heartening to see Irish Traction so well represented. I first attended this show 41 years ago and for a quarter of a century after that always came away with some level of dissatisfaction at the dearth of modern Irish layouts - some years you'd have none at all as I recall it. We have to be so grateful for the work done by the likes of the above named (and others) to make that vital first rung on the ladder of modelling Irish railways so much more reachable for the average modeller - it's been an absolute game changer. 

• Like 16
  • Agree 1