IRM At The Dublin Show 2022 - Just What Will We Announce?

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

The Dublin show is back! After a period away due to COVID, the biggest show on the Irish calendar is back this October Bank Holiday Weekend at St. Paul's Raheny. We're delighted to be main show sponsor once again.

1431602316_Dublinshow23poster.thumb.jpg.3f7786b47048468cb56da687eefd3af9.jpg

Lot's of layouts to see and of course we will be on hand with lots of shiny models for sale including A Class locos, wagons, buses and who knows what else. We will even have a show special bargain (serious bargain that will blow your minds!) on sale.

And of course, there will be excitement too, with THREE new models being announced between now and the show (two at the show itself, one beforehand) including our next powered model!

So make sure you get yourself to Raheny and find out the latest news, pick up a bargain and some lovely IRM models. See you there!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 12
  • WOW! 3

23 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

The Dublin show is back! After a period away due to COVID, the biggest show on the Irish calendar is back this October Bank Holiday Weekend at St. Paul's Raheny. We're delighted to be main show sponsor once again.

1431602316_Dublinshow23poster.thumb.jpg.3f7786b47048468cb56da687eefd3af9.jpg

Lot's of layouts to see and of course we will be on hand with lots of shiny models for sale including A Class locos, wagons, buses and who knows what else. We will even have a show special bargain (serious bargain that will blow your minds!) on sale.

And of course, there will be excitement too, with THREE new models being announced between now and the show (two at the show itself, one beforehand) including our next powered model!

So make sure you get yourself to Raheny and find out the latest news, pick up a bargain and some lovely IRM models. See you there!

Cheers!

3! at least spread them out between 3 different eras to save us 1 kidney! I suppose it’s time for predictions….probobly the biggest shot in the dark yet. 

powered

C class

hunslet

AEC railcar

unpowered

Park Royals

ammonia wagon

laminates

timber wagon

maybe a CIE van simular to the banana wagons we saw earlier on this month 

it will also be nice to see some of the decorated samples of things we already know are coming in the pipeline 

Edited by Westcorkrailway
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Powered Fintona horse.

4-wheel drive, eco-friendly fuel.

My KGB agent in IRM towers told me that announcement is coming April 1st….

1 minute ago, Niles said:

Good idea, the same tooling could be used to make Paddy from the West Cork system.

They need to get the livery correct, paddy is no Great Northern horse

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Blaine said:

I c what you did there, sure throw some Turf on the Burner and have an oul Sambo, did you hear Pat is coming too?

Thats quite a few announcements, but they've said in terms of powered units, there can only B1, a?

Took some gymnastics for that one but anyway 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

25 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

Thats quite a few announcements, but they've said in terms of powered units, there can only B1, a?

Took some gymnastics for that one but anyway 

I think you can Maeve goodbye to that even though I would give it a big 'Céad Míle Táilte'.  Sorry - didn't mean to Macha mess of that....

Edited by Patrick Davey
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

3! at least spread them out between 3 different eras to save us 1 kidney! I suppose it’s time for predictions….probobly the biggest shot in the dark yet. 

powered

C class

hunslet

AEC railcar

unpowered

Park Royals

ammonia wagon

laminates

timber wagon

maybe a CIE van simular to the banana wagons we saw earlier on this month 

it will also be nice to see some of the decorated samples of things we already know are coming in the pipeline 

None of those.

Come on lads, which of "my" wagons are you going to do!

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Powered Fintona horse.

4-wheel drive, eco-friendly fuel.

I had no idea that you were so politically correct, but as has been observed there are interesting possibilities for re-liverying the motive power, whether called Paddy, Jimmy, or Billie  ......

4 minutes ago, murphaph said:

....or something in between?

In the spirit of earlier posts, I think that they are hoping to make a Korean Killing. Great trains for their passengers.

As for Branchline, he doesn't need to wait for Raheny - the last Episode of "Bloodlands" is on Sunday night. I'll leave Police Commissioner Bracken to run a book on "Whodunit".

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

1282110494_IMG_36832.thumb.JPG.d40d5d1e1553c7060c5f299572f7e6df.JPG

The sky tonight at "Pettigo Fair" - an omen?

Something red...........

A Rank's Grain Hopper?

GSR coaches

MGWR coaches (an L Class to follow?)

NCC coaches (no - even that's too crazy)

A NCC Whippet in Crimson Lake

---------------

What was the subject of this thread ......

Great stuff this Black Bush!

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

In all reality, in terms of what actually ran on the rails in, say, the fifties and sixties - as opposed to anyone's actual opinion or preference - the most glaring gaps (but not the only ones) at this point in time are:

1950s:  AEC railcars, both CIE & GNR / Horse boxes / B101 & C classes RTR, plus some more steam / wooden-bodied carriages of GNR, GSWR or MGWR origins / Park Royals / laminates / 6-wheelers.

1960s:  In addition to the above: NCC "Jeeps" / Tin Vans

1970s:  80 class railcars

• Like 2