IRM At The Dublin Show 2022 - Just What Will We Announce?

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

18 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

1st announcement of the week is tomorrow at high noon! It could be the first of FOUR announcements this week, but certainly 3! 

The fourth is something we're looking to include and its value in particular will blow you guys away. 

Anyway, roll on tomorrow!

Cheers!

Fran 

with 4 announcements…..there is very little chance anyone will be left out. Unless of course you happen to model the Waterford and central ireland railway or Cork and macroom direct railway. In which case i would be a little more skeptical!

Roll on 50 minutes! 

• Funny 1

15 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

with 4 announcements…..there is very little chance anyone will be left out. Unless of course you happen to model the Waterford and central ireland railway or Cork and macroom direct railway. In which case i would be a little more skeptical!

I know I'm new to the parish, but I wouldn't be so sure about that @Westcorkrailway. Them IRM lads are like the Spanish Inquisition on Monty Python - did anyone expect the chaldrons? I reckon a WCIR 4-wheeler triple pack is nailed on as one of the announcements, the only question is whether or not its today 😁

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

So, it appears that IRM are working their way through P42 again, albeit in a different order - just Spoils and Weedspray to go...

But the Weedspray train is missing that BR Mk1 looking coach...

So maybe one of the IRM announcements is steam heating vans for rakes of naked unheated Cravens, for RPSI rakes and for that Weedspray yoke!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So, it appears that IRM are working their way through P42 again, albeit in a different order - just Spoils and Weedspray to go...

But the Weedspray train is missing that BR Mk1 looking coach...

So maybe one of the IRM announcements is steam heating vans for rakes of naked unheated Cravens, for RPSI rakes and for that Weedspray yoke!

And aren’t accurascale already making Sub-urban mark 1s 😉

25 minutes ago, Patrick Davey said:

Great announcements - not my era but impressive as always!!

Eagerly awaiting the new tooling announcements........ hope I won't be BLUE and feel MAROONed........

Me hopes the same! But probobly in a slightly different way  

78015115-4355-4EA3-AB3E-E93E674D7FD4.jpeg.c4cf06ac44314ad50cf63b711233470c.jpeg

This photo on eBay from railway images uk contains some familiar coaching stock and a certain loco that’s id like to see in the near future 

however it’s been hinted at it might not be one of these, but plenty of other Blue (or in my case green) things it could possibly be 

• Like 6

So close now. The excitement surrounding IRMs latest releases is building. Going to camp outside St Paul's tonight so I'll be first inline to get into the exhibition. If anyone wants to say 'hello' I'll be the long haired, weird looking dude wearing a black anorak and dark blue jeans (they were light blue when I bought them). Hope that those of you who can make it to the show have a great time.

PS. Wonder if it'll be too early to start 'trick or treating' tomorrow? Could end up leaving the exhibition with a bag full of goodies.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

5 minutes ago, connollystn said:

So close now. The excitement surrounding IRMs latest releases is building. Going to camp outside St Paul's tonight so I'll be first inline to get into the exhibition. If anyone wants to say 'hello' I'll be the long haired, weird looking dude wearing a black anorak and dark blue jeans (they were light blue when I bought them). Hope that those of you who can make it to the show have a great time.

PS. Wonder if it'll be too early to start 'trick or treating' tomorrow? Could end up leaving the exhibition with a bag full of goodies.

I hope it's not going to be like the start of the sales after Christmas when the waiting horde is unleashed into the store like greyhound's out of a trap.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, flange lubricator said:

I hope it's not going to be like the start of the sales after Christmas when the waiting horde is unleashed into the store like greyhound's out of a trap.

I’m looking forward to the announcements more then anything…other then those Tara’s, I don’t see myself buying anything…unless there are some “green and grey” era stuff (as @jhb171achill has christened it) I won’t be interested in a whole pile. I’d like to see what tailte tours are up to next, see these murphy’s toolings ect. 

besides I can’t afford to be throwing 1000 euro at some models….well the bandon tanks are an exception to the rule 🤪

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I’m looking forward to the announcements more then anything…other then those Tara’s, I don’t see myself buying anything…unless there are some “green and grey” era stuff (as @jhb171achill has christened it) I won’t be interested in a whole pile. I’d like to see what tailte tours are up to next, see these murphy’s toolings ect. 

besides I can’t afford to be throwing 1000 euro at some models….well the bandon tanks are an exception to the rule 🤪

For that reason I’m trying to encourage myself to save money on me heating 78F14CAD-0FB9-4F26-96B8-1A9CCF54389E.thumb.jpeg.3fe6883724da30c5fd417ecf839c2ab9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Funny 9

I'd certainly like something for my A30 and A55 to haul, however, if there's nothing mentioned in the pile tomorrow I'm sure that there'll be something in the not-too distant future. I'm only too glad that there's a model railway exhibition to go to - so looking forward to it. Hope I get some sleep tonight.

7 minutes ago, Eagles said:

Early start tomorrow bus to catch at 6.30 for Dublin arrive 9.30 Eason for magazines then to show for announcements from IRM models and Murphy models check trade stands full day at show bus to catch at 6.30 two cork 

Perfect day

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Make sure that all of us who are in attendance are around the stand before you make any announcements - I've been waiting for this moment for the last three years

This is all getting a bit like the time, in 1972, when Dieter Meier installed a plaque in the paving outside Kassel station, declaring that he would stand there for an hour, in 1994.

Which, 22 years later, he did...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieter_Meier#Artist