IRM At The Dublin Show 2022 - Just What Will We Announce?

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

17 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Make sure that all of us who are in attendance are around the stand before you make any announcements - I've been waiting for this moment for the last three years

You never know they might organise a party  of drummers from the Artane band to do a drum roll  commencing at 1055 so you car hear it happening. 

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Like 3
  • Funny 1

16 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Make sure that all of us who are in attendance are around the stand before you make any announcements - I've been waiting for this moment for the last three years

You don't happen to own one of those tartan shopping trolleys that old women use to bash their way through to the sales do you? 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Eagles said:

Early start tomorrow bus to catch at 6.30 for Dublin arrive 9.30 Eason for magazines then to show for announcements from IRM models and Murphy models check trade stands full day at show bus to catch at 6.30 two cork 

0700 to Dublin, luas, dart to Palmerstown. Plenty of time for grub 

then get the Dart back to Tara street and get the bus home…at either 4 or 8 o clock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

The Cork special train is just pulling into harmonstown now. 

I hope there isisnt a que the weather is desperate 

Why aren't you live-streaming this to YT for all of us living in exile???

Dicky Tara's sold out in record time so I'm dicky-less...

I've a few photos coming through from Daddy DJ at the moment...

20221029_115708.jpg

20221029_120643.jpg

20221029_120456.jpg

20221029_120504.jpg

20221029_115726.jpg

20221029_115735.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

What a morning for new announcements it's like you wait a long while and 3 trains turn up at the same time😃

44 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Why aren't you live-streaming this to YT for all of us living in exile???

Dicky Tara's sold out in record time so I'm dicky-less...

I've a few photos coming through from Daddy DJ at the moment...

20221029_115708.jpg

20221029_120643.jpg

20221029_120456.jpg

20221029_120504.jpg

20221029_115726.jpg

20221029_115735.jpg

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who came by to the stand today to say hello and make purchases. It was incredibly busy, probably the busiest we’ve ever been at the Dublin shows (I never thought the bubble arrival would ever be topped!) but our cheap taras and announcements really went down well.

I tried this evening to liberate more dicky Tara’s from the storage unit for tomorrow and Monday but due to the Bank holiday they are now closed till Tuesday. So, all the remaining stock will be on the website for the Black Friday sale. Sorry!

Looking forward to seeing more of you all tomorrow! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who came by to the stand today to say hello and make purchases. It was incredibly busy, probably the busiest we’ve ever been at the Dublin shows (I never thought the bubble arrival would ever be topped!) but our cheap taras and announcements really went down well.

I tried this evening to liberate more dicky Tara’s from the storage unit for tomorrow and Monday but due to the Bank holiday they are now closed till Tuesday. So, all the remaining stock will be on the website for the Black Friday sale. Sorry!

Looking forward to seeing more of you all tomorrow! 

Cheers!

Fran

Daddy DJ bonked one of you on the head and procured Dicky Tara packs A and E before making a hasty exit. They weren't my orders, honestly. Apologies to whichever one of you wakes up with a concussion.

2 hours ago, BosKonay said:

And unfortunately we’ve four whole new ranges to lunch between now and February.  Sorry!

Liar! You're not sorry!

😂

10 hours ago, connollystn said:

Have to say, the highlight of the show (for me) was the cafe. Had three cups of tea, a ham sandwich and a couple of extremely tasty scones.

In fairness those sandwiches and scones were seriously good. Didn't expect to leave a model show and instead of regretting not purchasing a model, I was regretting not having another scone!

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, connollystn said:

Have to say, the highlight of the show (for me) was the cafe. Had three cups of tea, a ham sandwich and a couple of extremely tasty scones.

Yes great to see a cafe for visitors and not just exhibitors at one of the Dublin shows. Essential component of any consumer show.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2022 at 11:53 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

So, it appears that IRM are working their way through P42 again, albeit in a different order - just Spoils and Weedspray to go...

But the Weedspray train is missing that BR Mk1 looking coach...

So maybe one of the IRM announcements is steam heating vans for rakes of naked unheated Cravens, for RPSI rakes and for that Weedspray yoke!

Agree, but I can see commercially the numbers probably don’t stack up for items of single occurrence rolling stock such as heating vans spray coach, etc, and a generation of modellers probably already heating their craven sets using SF RTR  stuff they’ve already collected over the years. Folks like SF, IFM, MIR and PW have filled such niche needs for years, but agree 100% would love to have IRM quality vans and indeed things like Park Royals and Mk4 sets. Now that the 22k barrier has been breached, anything is possible even mk4 sets. Only time will tell. What a day of announcements yesterday. The hobby is in rude health beyond anybodies wildest expectations only 15 years ago. Happy days. 

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

Agree, but I can see commercially the numbers probably don’t stack up for items of single occurrence rolling stock such as heating vans spray coach, etc, and a generation of modellers probably already heating their craven sets using SF RTR  stuff they’ve already collected over the years. Folks like SF, IFM, MIR and PW have filled such niche needs for years, but agree 100% would love to have IRM quality vans and indeed things like Park Royals and Mk4 sets. Now that the 22k barrier has been breached, anything is possible even mk4 sets. Only time will tell. What a day of announcements yesterday. The hobby is in rude health beyond anybodies wildest expectations only 15 years ago. Happy days. 

But IRM is manufacturing single occurrence vehicles already (NIR dining car is totally oddball and requires unique tooling). Even IR coach 4112 has unique features (roof, doors, handles) that Stephen said will be modelled accurately) so I would not rule anything out anymore. Stephen also says that the rebuilt Dutch vans will also "probably" be produced (he was asked and answered on RMWeb). The ballast plough vans were not unique but not exactly prolific either.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, DoctorPan said:

In fairness those sandwiches and scones were seriously good. Didn't expect to leave a model show and instead of regretting not purchasing a model, I was regretting not having another scone!

In the spirit of the forum, how many of each scone flavour were produced? Could you bulk buy for a discount or preorder? And what flavours will be on offer next year? 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

21 minutes ago, Broithe said:

I was looking to get a full rake of the scones, but the butter was a rather deeper yellow than it should have been.

It ought to be more of a 'straw colour' really.

🤣 At the big WMRC exhibitions the scones are DCC and lit.

• Funny 3