eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

2 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Where can you get it for lower price then?. If you need one or want one thats your best option right now.

Hi George. I'd choose to do without I guess.  As I've done with other rare models (eg Bachmann Mk2a, U class, etc). Would keep an eye out over extended time period at swap-meets and trade stands at places like Stillorgan and Bray. eBay just drives prices even higher. Fortunately over a number of years this paid off with baby GMs. Noel

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Dempsey said:

Grey class 071 up on ebay right now. Unfortunately the wrong colour for me. 

Or fortunately when you look at the price people are prepared to pay already!

I'm glad I'm not looking for one anyway.

I'm blessed I got back into the hobby when I did and nabbed all the 071s I need. Just in the nick of time to be honest.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dempsey said:

I shall be patient. Hopefully when shows open back up I'll be able to snap up some bargain one then. 

Jealous! No such thing as shows like that down here. Ever.

That one's already up to €350, with four and a half days to go!

🤣

What's the record for a MM loco???

5 hours ago, murphaph said:

I'm blessed I got back into the hobby when I did and nabbed all the 071s I need. Just in the nick of time to be honest.

Ditto, although I missed out on the grey 071's as they were snapped up by the price gougers when launched.

Cheaper to commission resprays via Chis Dyer than buy them on eBay - except for that one, thanks to you!

Edited by DJ Dangerous

Yeah does anyone know the highest price ever paid for a MM loco? There was this one for €416 a few days back:

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Murphys-Models-NIR-Irish-class-111-No113-Belfast-and-County-Down-Ltd-Edition/124563627657#vi__app-cvip-panel

That must be a contender but I heard of a kind of mania around the Lima 201s during the Celtic Tiger where all bets were off on price.

On 21/2/2021 at 8:24 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

I think that we may certainly be looking at a contnender here.

Did the Lima 201's go for a lot back in the old days?

They went for staggeringly stupid money at one stage, and then fell to €50 within months of MM launching their own models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

They went for staggeringly stupid money at one stage, and then fell to €50 within months of MM launching their own models.

53 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Back in the Lima days I kept records of prices achieved but I do remember getting £405 stg for a River Shannon and at the time I think it was €1.45 - €150 to the £stg, unfortunately the records seem to have disappeared ☹️ 

Wow, incredible money.

I've bought a few of them from Hattons at fifty or sixty quid a pop, just to own a little piece of history.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I don't care where it's available, once it IS available!

Seriously?????

Yes I'm fairly confident, there was much discussion on it at the time, but it was only a listing, I don't believe it sold, or not at that price. It was listed for nearly two years. I remember being utterly flabbergasted at the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noel said:

Yes I'm fairly confident, there was much discussion on it at the time, but it was only a listing, I don't believe it sold, or not at that price. It was listed for nearly two years. I remember being utterly flabbergasted at the time.

I hope he was BANNED from ebay forever for that kind of sugar honey ice tea

You could buy 1 of every MM loco for that money brand new and still have plently left over

• Like 1
  • Funny 1