eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Is this the most expensive RTR OO Gauge Irish coach yet?
And remember it is a standard, there were 6 different numbered ones manufactured over the 2 runs of the Supertrains whereas only 2 1sts, 2 Comps, 3 Diners 7 3 EGV's

€202 landed!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353512990142?hash=item524f0425be:g:3A0AAOSwXQJgT4xp

Edited by WRENNEIRE
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

In fairness 00Works are about the only gig in town for RTR Irish Steam these days.................they produce tiny runs of Irish Steam -the price asked is about the average for them......when you consider these factors - its alright

I've have 2 lovely J15s from 00works a couple of years back.............if her indoors knew what I had paid for them.............carnage.

Now if IRM decide to do  Irish Steam.........

Its better value than the 370 quid and rising asking price for 141/181s on ebay at the moment..........

Edited by Edo
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

This is one of those things where i cant afford it now, but will be kicking myself i didnt get it now in a few years.

That's the trouble! Worth selling the car for.........

And, for a layout based in Wisht Caaark, boy, it's essential, as J15s never ran there!

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, Edo said:

In fairness 00Works are about the only gig in town for RTR Irish Steam these days.................they produce tiny runs of Irish Steam -the price asked is about the average for them......when you consider these factors - its alright

I've have 2 lovely J15s from 00works a couple of years back.............if her indoors knew what I had paid for them.............carnage.

Now if IRM decide to do  Irish Steam.........

Its better value than the 370 quid and rising asking price for 141/181s on ebay at the moment..........

I've a J15 myself, made the exception of the 250 mark I'm usually willing to go no further paying for RTR... but over 100 euro extra for post and import charges for 472..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSR 800 said:

I've a J15 myself, made the exception of the 250 mark I'm usually willing to go no further paying for RTR... but over 100 euro extra for post and import charges for 472..

In fairness I did note that and I do consider it excessive alright - it does put it out of the reach of most Irish modellers - bleedin Brexit again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The seller appears to be OO Works themselves.

The item description says to go to their website for a discount, where the loco is advertised £10 cheaper than on eBay.

Indeed it is, probably having a hard time to shift them with the import charges lumped on

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

Yes, I got one locomotive a while back which resulted in the postman wanting an extra €126!

For some recent purchases I've been fine, no issues of import charges, but did get hit with an extra 80 with something large that was sent by courier.

WCR said:

Anyone rolling in money? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114804659568?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

Ah, WestCorkRailway, it's your fault that when I saw this little engine advertised and then discovered it among the Casserley negatives in my hands, I decided that it "would do" for my 75th birthday present.

Older readers will remember that my 70th pressie arrived 5 years late, but well worth waiting for.

So, I've got No.5 in CBSCR Green, which even if it looks very GWR, it's a nice little engine (the box is three times the size of it!). It's with Kernow to be chipped, after which I'll post it moving in Portadown Goods yard. Remember what Lord White said - "It's MY railway and I'll run what I want on it"!

Except you're a dab hand at kit bashing, I'm afraid that Irish steam locos ain't cheap. I can't suggest that they make a great investment, it's like everything - if you want it enough, you'll get it regardless.

Obviously the VAT / postage thing doesn't affect me - modellers in NI can offer to bring it over the border for you in their pockets? It's outrageous what "The Leader" has foisted on us with this Brexit thing.

12 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I got mine delivered to a relative in Britain, who accidentally brought it over to me.......

Ah, J, you beat me to it!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I got mine delivered to a relative in Britain, who accidentally brought it over to me.......

If i tried that i could well be waiting as long as Leslie did for the 70th! Invest the hundred or so saved and become fabulously wealthy while I wait 😉

At the end of the day its a rare type, one that I doubt will ever be produced again for a very long time, and is probably worth far more to someone if they happen to be building a layout of the west cork in the 30s.  If you're rolling in a few quid you might as well....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

What are the practicalities of putting DCC in that thing?

I have had 2 chipped JB, all the gubbins were split between the tender and loco, and a very small chip was used, savage amount of work for a new loco
It even stated that the warranty was void if the locos were chipped!

9 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I still cant believe he never put a PCB board in these locos

I can understand OO Works not fitting PCB board/DCC sockets to their locos, it was a horrendous job fitting fitting a DCC socket to a MGWR 2-4-0.

Not really suitable for small batch manufacture, best left to Chinese massed produced plastic injection molded models with the economies of scale and a young mainly female workforce with nimble fingers and sharp eyesight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I have had 2 chipped JB, all the gubbins were split between the tender and loco, and a very small chip was used, savage amount of work for a new loco
It even stated that the warranty was void if the locos were chipped!

13 minutes ago, Mayner said:

I can understand OO Works not fitting PCB board/DCC sockets to their locos, it was a horrendous job fitting fitting a DCC socket to a MGWR 2-4-0.

Not really suitable for small batch manufacture, best left to Chinese massed produced plastic injection molded models with the economies of scale and a young mainly female workforce with nimble fingers and sharp eyesight.

Theres only really space in the loco for the motor and the tender body is a solid piece so (unless it was slung under the tender chassis?) somewhat akin to the Woolwich, though those locos have their own long set of issues!

Be interesting in seeing the DCC set up and how it was managed..

16 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

WCR said:

Anyone rolling in money? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114804659568?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

Ah, WestCorkRailway, it's your fault that when I saw this little engine advertised and then discovered it among the Casserley negatives in my hands, I decided that it "would do" for my 75th birthday present.

Older readers will remember that my 70th pressie arrived 5 years late, but well worth waiting for.

So, I've got No.5 in CBSCR Green, which even if it looks very GWR, it's a nice little engine (the box is three times the size of it!). It's with Kernow to be chipped, after which I'll post it moving in Portadown Goods yard. Remember what Lord White said - "It's MY railway and I'll run what I want on it"!

Except you're a dab hand at kit bashing, I'm afraid that Irish steam locos ain't cheap. I can't suggest that they make a great investment, it's like everything - if you want it enough, you'll get it regardless.

Obviously the VAT / postage thing doesn't affect me - modellers in NI can offer to bring it over the border for you in their pockets? It's outrageous what "The Leader" has foisted on us with this Brexit thing.

Ahh VAT......I Forgot about that

Ive no problem spending 6-700 euro on a Bandon tank or something along those lines but then when it comes to these saddle tanks withdrawn in the early 40s that even for the CBSCR man doing a 1960s theme, its a bit hard to justify what would end up being 400 euros when i could get 2 A class's for that 🥲

Ill see if there is one pops up (as they sometimes do) around christmas

That might be enough justification to get rid of all my savings 🤣

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/excaliburauctions/catalogue-id-excali10047/lot-6a1b0625-2d21-4d7a-840c-ad6100d848dd

Cie Hymek on auction.   Auctioneer estimate £20 - £50.  Maybe someone here likes to add to their collection of rubbish.  To be fair. When I was a kid my Hornby Hymek ran great compared to my Lima 33.  Both BR by the way.

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/excaliburauctions/catalogue-id-excali10047/lot-6a1b0625-2d21-4d7a-840c-ad6100d848dd

Cie Hymek on auction.   Auctioneer estimate £20 - £50.  Maybe someone here likes to add to their collection of rubbish.  To be fair. When I was a kid my Hornby Hymek ran great compared to my Lima 33.  Both BR by the way.

I still have one in Hornby's gastly dayglo orange. It has no value as a model other than sentimental value from childhood. I also have a BR blue one. The orange was so awful I repainted it by hand and weathered the chassis about 1972.

Still has the stick on CIE roundal.

DSC_6875.jpg

• Like 1