New IÉ logo...

Rate this topic

Garfield

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, it begs the question why they went to a foreign country to take pictures of another railway's locomotive to pass off as their own! :P

Money to burn!

Probably the only photo of a clean train they could find. As for a foreign country I will have to tip customs of the next time your calling up to me and tell them to get out their rubber gloves :-bd

• 2 weeks later...

I caught a glimpse of 077 outside the shed at Inchicore today, repainted in the new livery. It has the new logo's outlined in white but they haven't been applied yet (unless this is the idea?) from what I could see anyway. Have to say, from what I've seen, it doesn't look great, just looks like a very heavily weathered 071 with a yellow front! Hopefully it looks better when I get a closer look :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lads,

I'm mad to see this new livery on the 071 loco, any more updates?! It's gone so quiet on this thread that I'm starting to suspect that a Monty Python-esque mass sacking has taken place at Inchicore after the first YouTube video was posted! 'The person responsible

for sacking the person who sacked the person who took the photo in the first place, has been sacked!'

A member on boards.ie reported that on Saturday morning 077 ran light from Inchicore to Connolly and back again. Just taking her for a quick spin around the block.

After much enquiries from good scources, this definitely didn't happen, Id take with a grain of salt whats on boards.ie, maybe the member in question needs a quick spin around the block to specsavers.

Regards

h.gricer

a red sripe/orange sripe around the roof edge as with the old lovery would do nicely!

As I said Seamus its only a rumour at the minute. I have a few to paint for customers and myself but I'm waiting untill I see one finished and in service before committing. As you said an orange or red pin stripe around the roof would be nice =D

Also just noticed why the new 071's look so bland from the front.

071`s.jpg

The Current Livery 071's and the NIR 111's have black all the way up to the cabs but on the new grey color it seems the whole front (apart from the strip of yellow) is grey which does looks a bit out of proportion.

• 7 months later...

Haven't been on the railway in ages, but have just passed Fairview Dart Depot and spotted a 4-car Dart set with the new logo applied and the word 'DART' next to it in an awful font. Wasn't expecting it so no photo I'm afraid. Also surprised at how much graffiti there was on the rolling stock- at least 8 vehicles showing serious amount of damage.