New IÉ logo...

Rate this topic

Garfield

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm in the minority!

I said further back in the thread that I thought it looked OK Fran. It needs to be seen outside in natural light. I think it is similar to the NIR 111 class with the familiar all over body color and warning panel. The skirt seems to be the same color also. I reckon she'll look good from a platform as she is passing.

Rich,

I said further back in the thread that I thought it looked OK Fran. It needs to be seen outside in natural light. I think it is similar to the NIR 111 class with the familiar all over body color and warning panel. The skirt seems to be the same color also. I reckon she'll look good from a platform as she is passing.

Rich,

Hard to tell but it looks to me that even the bogies are grey. Be interesting to see it a bit dirty too.

4003 has returned to traffic following overhaul and repainting. It is also the first vehicle to carry the new Iarnrod Eireann Irish Rail logo.

I photographed it at Rosskelton earlier today on the 1200 to Cork and later that evening at Heuston prior to departure at 1900 for Cork. The pictures may be viewed at:

223 passes Rosskelton with the 1200 Heuston - Cork during a brief sunny interlude on Wednesday 14th February 2013.

I also seen pictures of 077 today in its new slate grey livery. Interesting is all I shall say.

The Wanderer.

077 has been painted and looks great

It's only been done in the last few days masking tape still around windows,it was only getting bogie wash on friday before paint,not last week as some people taught,078 not far behind to get paint also,better that that ***** silver livery and should be able to maintain better,will look well on new liner in a couple of weeks!!!

M.

Love it... puts the 071s in touch with their American heritage.

Have to say, I was never a fan of the black and silver 'freight' livery... always looked like an ill thought-out bodge to me.

Some how or other this type of dip job looks better on locos with narrow hoods like the 071s than full width car bodies like the 201s or A Class.

Overall it looks a bit like a cross between the NIR 071s and SP "Bloody Nose" scheme all thats needed is a bold and simple logo or simply a set of GSWR style whitemetal number plates:o.

I think Coillte, DFDS, IWT or Tara Mines are more interested in their trains running to schedule than the colour of the locos.