New IÉ logo...

Rate this topic

Garfield

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In management speak, it's probably meant to represent "dynamic, I-arnrod Appy, unification of old orange stock and modren green stock" when it really reads like two magnets in conflict, or two radioactive turd piles, or "irish rail is a giant pyramid scheme" or "irish rail is like two auld triangles", or a modernist interpretation of a carrot. Who knows what those clowns are up to.

Eighth

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5358[/ATTACH]

The dunderhead who did this didn't check what the current stock is, nor how it would look. I believe this image is Wanderers from a few years ago, and so, M'lud, the prosecution rests its case. And if this ever makes it's way onto trains in Ireland, I'll buy everyone here a pint - better still, I'll get Dave Bracken to buy everyone a pint.

Richie.

I don't recognise it as mine and it isn't on my online images of 4004. Plus it looks like that was taken in Inchicore and I don't put Inchicore pictures online. Following I.E. guidelines.

I’m surprised that IE has not launched their new Logo in a blaze of publicity. What better way of confirming this change than by asking IE. After spending 10 minutes on their web site looking how or where to ask this question I fell back on the Heritage Section and emailed Gregg Ryan. Will let you know the response when I get it.

My answer came today:

"We will be rolling out our new logo across rolling stock, stations and other areas of branding in a low cost way as part of routine scheduled maintenance."

So there you have it!

My answer came today:

"We will be rolling out our new logo across rolling stock, stations and other areas of branding in a low cost way as part of routine scheduled maintenance."

So there you have it!

so, i repeat....ithought the company was in severe financial difficulty....why then would add to it by getting that logo? i can only assume that all the IE signs will be changed at every location - the cost would be hugh! no logic there at all. i wonder what their defination of 'low cost' means?confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

anthony, as a matter of interest, what is the financial state of NIR...is it making a profit or loss?

Just did a little bit of digging on the net if you Google translink yourself Seamus you can have a good read. One fact I didn't realise is Translink only has 220 miles of track (small or what) here's some reading to get you started they are expected to make a loss over the next 3 years http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17818243

Edited by Anthony

Saw a pic of an 071 in new livery this evening

Very dark shade of grey all over

Silver cabs are gone

Had a yellow flash like 112 on the front

Logos were not fixed

Might have a pic over the weekend

Interesting Dave, looks like the freight livery didn't last that long. Any word from your spies about the stored orange 201s? That were all out of the storage sidings when I went past Inchicore last week.

Coming soon: build your own train from toilet rolls and sticky backed plastic.

Alan

The railcars are here already!!!!!!!!

Saw a pic of an 071 in new livery this evening

Very dark shade of grey all over

Silver cabs are gone

Had a yellow flash like 112 on the front

Logos were not fixed

Might have a pic over the weekend

Doesn't sound too dynamic.

I liked the freight livery, pity to see it go. The colour combination and contrasts made it stand out, like when they were orange and black.

I don't know Bud it's impossible to tell until we all see a photo I'm just guessing. Who's up for an SAS photo mission to Inchacore

True man, will be interesting to see. Will have to take a trip out when it escapes onto the mainline for a video if it is. Hopefully Dave will be secure the photo and share it. Also think it would be interesting if the new logo is being put on a 35 year old freight loco before anything else! Good to see money still being spent on the 071s.

Airbrushes at the ready!