How do I add a Shop?

Rate this topic

DJ Dangerous

How do I add a shop under the "Shops, Manufacturers & Services" section?

I'd like to reccommend a Spanish diecast shop that I've bought from several times over the past few years.

They offer worldwide shipping, flat rate for Ireland, the UK and the EU, and currently list almost 800 1/43 scale (O Gauge) vehicles.

The options to add seem to be greyed out or missing altogether.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

The shops listing is just for places stocking irish outline or in ireland. Do they stock irish?

Exclusively Irish, no.

However, they stock DAF's, MAN's, Volvos, Renaults, Mercedes, and the Dodge C38T has been a source of cheap O Gauge trailers - as cheap as / cheaper than buying wheels and building the trailer!

IMG_20230821_1011582.jpg

IMG_20230821_1012405.jpg

IMG_20230821_1011430.jpg

IMG_20230821_1011181.jpg

IMG_20230821_1011267.jpg

IMG_20230821_1010492.jpg

IMG_20230821_1010580.jpg

• Like 3

I think adding shops like this could be handy, especially for O gauge modellers! 

We seem to get a lot of UK shops listed on Irish websites as souces, but Brexit has killed that mostly.. So mainland EU shops can be a good replacement source for things like layout materials, vehicles, containers etc

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

the shops section could definitely do with looking at and overhaul.

its basically imposible to get even small items in from the UK now without anpost opening the package up and slapping another bill plus handling fee ontop of whatever you have ordered.

my knowledge of european retailers isnt strong enough that i would go making loads of big orders from them even though a lot of them offer a low flatrate shipping to ireland.

one particular thing has annoyed me this week, I wanted a specific superquick kit, so i went an ordered it off ebay for RRP plus nearly the same again in postage plus probabaly another 7 or 8 euro in taxes before i actually get the thing!

last night i was browsing an Irish retailer (who isnt listed in the shops section) and what popped up? a range of superquick kits at RRP plus about a fiver in postage with next day delivery.

The store do not stock Irish models but they do attend Irish exhibitions, other irish shops missing too. of the shops listed, 2 are still open and one is based mostly in england.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

And please remove D&M Models from the list of manufacturers while you are at it. Thank you

I'd rather see them remain in the list, but with a red signature under each of their posts saying "Caution, this manufacturer has a large amount of unfulfilled orders".

Removing them is too easy and hides their history.

• Like 2

Absolute tonne of new 1/43 stuff in stock at CochesdeMetal today!

https://cochesdemetal.es/novedades

The '81 Volvo and '94 Merc cabs are very Irish, but I also remember seeing some of those '94 Renault cabs in the nineties, just can't remember who was using them?

Probably Jacobs Biscuits?

Anybody else?

The Lada, Kadett, Manta, Alpina and Charger are little stunners, too.

6 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Not sure if going bust is dodgy? Wasn’t aware people lost money?

From reading the various threads on the forum, David and Mark would appear to be holding a couple of thousand Euro in deposits from forum members, for orders which do not appear to have been fulfilled.

They have been in touch with forum members as recently as Spring 2023, if I recall correctly, stating that they wish to rebuild their reputation and resume model-making.

EDIT: Oops, thought you were on about D&M Models!

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Funny 1

14 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

From reading the various threads on the forum, David and Mark would appear to be holding a couple of thousand Euro in deposits from forum members, for orders which do not appear to have been fulfilled.

They have been in touch with forum members as recently as Spring 2023, if I recall correctly, stating that they wish to rebuild their reputation and resume model-making.

EDIT: Oops, thought you were on about D&M Models!

Yep i’m aware of the D&M situation. thankfully i had full delivery of my rakes before they struggled. 

The poster refers to model shop belfast though. 

6 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Yep i’m aware of the D&M situation. thankfully i had full delivery of my rakes before they struggled. 

The poster refers to model shop belfast though. 

I copped on after I posted, hence the edit.

Vaguely remember that Model Shop Belfast had deposits held, were closing their doors and going online-only, then never went online, something along those lines.

Wasn't under the Model Shop Belfast section, was posted in the wrong section but it's out there, somewhere.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Not sure if going bust is dodgy? Wasn’t aware people lost money?

Yes, I heard of  several people who were left out of pocket. One is a member here (they haven't posted in 5 years) who told me in PMs that he paid $650 to MSB for sound decoders. Got no reply for 6 months and after hounding them was finally told they were "dispatched". Needless to say they never arrived and MSB resumed radio silence.

This all happened mid 2013 - 2014. A full two years before MSB folded.

Edited by irishthump
  • Informative 1

This was the main thread, in the Q&A section, rather than the correct section:

https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/3648-modelshop-belfast/

There were also one or two OT comments in this thread here about them being closed, which could probably have done with being moved into the first thread:

https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/3694-hornby-mk2d-ok-for-gatwick-nir-stock/

And then the first thread could be moved in here!

Quite a few members found them uncontactable, it seems.

• Like 1

On 29/8/2023 at 7:35 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

I copped on after I posted, hence the edit.

Vaguely remember that Model Shop Belfast had deposits held, were closing their doors and going online-only, then never went online, something along those lines.

Wasn't under the Model Shop Belfast section, was posted in the wrong section but it's out there, somewhere.

I was done for a £20 Deposit, they never replied to my E Mails.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Irishswissernie said:

I was done for a £20 Deposit, they never replied to my E Mails.

I saw that in the other thread but didn't want to name names.

Such a shame.

Maybe time to move that thread that I've mentioned, plus the posts from the second one, and this one, into the Modelshop Belfast section.

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Confess was stuffed for a deposit some years ago by one of the former cottage model makers before they decided to go into hiding. Small claims court next. 

Must be honest, I'd be VERY interest to hear how that goes. Also had a deposit go walkies a number of years ago... 

• Agree 1