Feedback

Rate this topic

Guest hidden-agenda

This one works for black and white as well as colour. I would like to do another one with just images no text, but that's for tomorrow. Lemme know what ye think, have I left out any critical aspects to this madhouse which should be included. I also need the Header and strapline beneath, so put the thinking caps on.

Victorian_Flyer.jpg

Regards,

Richie.

This one works for black and white as well as colour. I would like to do another one with just images no text, but that's for tomorrow. Lemme know what ye think, have I left out any critical aspects to this madhouse which should be included. I also need the Header and strapline beneath, so put the thinking caps on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6929[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Richie.

I suggest moving the URL higher maybe or have a few of them. People might lose interest in what it says and not get to the bottom. Also remove the ooohs and aaahs

Richie

Loving the "For the benefit of Mr. Kite" homage. A small piccie on the headline will add the cherry to the icing.

Oh and lest I forget, total props to the main man Boskonay for the money time and effor invested in keeping this site shipshape.

As user friendly goes, you won't get much better.

Word.

Edited by Weshty

I havent read this thread before and frankly, gobsmacked by the time effort and money put into running the site.

Considering the problems we had with earlier sites, perhaps its time for the rest of us to consider a fund raiser for the keep Stephen solvent fund?

• Like 1

I have to say hats off to Stephen for the website. It's a fantastic resource and has opened up the hobby for me in a way RM web could never do (plus alot easier to navigate too!!!). Some fantastic contributors, inspiring workmanship, friendly advice, and tonnes of encouragement for all of us starting out. Quality work on the webdesign too by the way. Had no idea it required such an investment of time and Euros. You have to be applauded for your work. Top stuff.

Tom =D

Hold up! That flyer is strictly a take off of Victorian Posters and is in need of tweaking. Very little imagery and plenty moustaches - that's the style i want to emulate which may only be suitable for a larger scale poster - at shows etc.

I already said that there is going to be one with pictures only. They're almost done too. And there are so many publish worthy photos on the site, it's very hard to sum up on an a5 sheet. I've done two colour flyers, one focussing on workbench and producing models, the other focussing on layouts, scenics and the bigger picture. I've been through every thread on both layouts and workbench ('cept my own) and there is some phenomenal and stunning work on these boards, though some crackin work let down by fuzzy photos. I'd have triple the photos to use if it wasn't the case.

I know i'm not going to please everyone with any design, but if ye think i'm going to do the type of flyer normally associated with a curry house or charity shop, which would undersell the calibre of this astonishing resource, then irish rail must be currently regauging to 7 ft!

Anyhoo, i've yet to chat with Captain Bosko, who runs this show, and get his take on this. Can we park this for a few days until i've talked to him?

Richie.

Looks amazing Richie! Maybe the victorian emporium style as a large A2 type poster / popup, with the A5 more imagey for the leaflets? Could fairly easily and cheaply get a popup 'micro stand' basically just for dispensing leaflets...

Looks amazing Richie! Maybe the victorian emporium style as a large A2 type poster / popup, with the A5 more imagey for the leaflets? Could fairly easily and cheaply get a popup 'micro stand' basically just for dispensing leaflets...

This is starting to sound like a day in work for me. There is no such thing as an easy to assemble micro stand, I have the scars to prove it! :)

Lol - they look so 'easy' on d'internet? :) Any ideas?

I was thinking a pop-up roller, with a leaflet 'dispenser' type thingie in front, which could be plopped down at shows, etc?

Reads do the pop-up rollers, I'm sure they could source the leaflet dispensers too. Will have a look around work when I'm back in tomorrow and see what else we have and where we got it from. If we took a table at the shows we could man it and had out leaflet with some spiel and maybe show off a couple of models. Would be more effective.