Your model railway village magazine

Rate this topic

irishrail201

I recently picked up a "your model railway village" collectors mag in super value today....for €5.00 included was a mark 1 coach and a length of track.....upon looking at the mark 1...it is actually pretty good.....unbelievable value.....id nearly say its better quality than the Hornby mark 1s.......maybe it might be an idea to buy up some mags and create a whole length train!

Metal wheels and quite heavy...... should check it out!

I bought 4 of them, great value, but does need a bit of work.

The main let down is the quality of the roof, as mentioned above a bit of paint will sort that out. Some detail will be added when I get a chance;- NS wire to replace the plastic moulded stuff on the roof and ends, more detailed corridor connectors, and better buffers. I might also do the under frame structure, its a bit of a let down, but it is underneath!

I was thinking of a green body colour;- does anyone know of a photo or two they can direct me to?

murrayec

I ve searched town for it but no luck yet, they could come in handy for a bit of scratchbuilding.

Bought 4 today;), they re pretty good for the price.

The Jinty is Bachmann according to the magazine kinda tempted to collect the mag as theres a few free gifts with a subscription plus the jinty is an easy conversion to a NCC jinty

4 more followed me home today:p

If anyone in the south east is looking for them the newsagents in City Sq, Waterford has 10 left.

You must have a rake at this stage!

Picked up two today. Couple of people doing surgery with them on RMWeb. Following with interest to see what they do with them. I already have a Maroon Mark I rake built up!

You must have a rake at this stage!

Picked up two today. Couple of people doing surgery with them on RMWeb. Following with interest to see what they do with them. I already have a Maroon Mark I rake built up!

Just a little rake:p, they ll be sprayed green for my "preserved" rake.

Edited by Riversuir226

I believe you have to write to the publisher for the loco and they send it out to you. No idea when it'll be out, but a Jinty on the cheap would be handy for NCC conversion maybe? I believe it'll be a low detailed take on the Bachmann model.

I read on another forum that the loco and controller have to be bought separately, not sure if there's a discount for buying the magazine.

I picked up a few of these myself, you can't go wrong for a fiver!

George has done a nice job on his. Still unsure what to do with my two, might try and pick another one up if I can find one. Will be BR related anyway. Maybe Postal or test coach related. That trussing has to go though.

Has anyone got a link for the relevant photos on RM Web?

thanks,