Nelson's Workbench

Rate this topic

Dunluce Castle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

No railway items to report on but I did mange to build 2 military kits, the stash is slowly decreasing :) the first one is a Pegasus hobbies KV2, a simple kit with some fitting issues and basic detail so I added the steps and jerry can rack along with tools. The second kit is a revell BV P194 which is a Blohm & voss proposed multi-purpose light bomber aircraft of which no prototypes were made so mine is in 1946 livery/condition, this kit took 3 weeks to build so I am glad it's over :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nelson

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

Wow has it really has been nearly 2 months since I've done any railway modelling well you can blame school for that :P but now I'm back on track and this is my latest model a Ex North British 3 plank wagon, instead of using a plain plasticard sheet and scribing on the planks, I tried out some pre scribed plasticard, it turned out alright I felt. although you have to double up the plasticard because the backs aren't scribed and the sheets are quite thin, but overall I think it's a better method and easier to do. The straps are Alan Gibson and axle boxes are four most models. I don't know wether to paint it now or wait until I finish another few wagons and paint them all together, just depends on how I'm feeling. Btw if anyone wants to scrutinise my work an image of the wagon can be found on page 39 of "LNER wagons volume 3"

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks

Nelson

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've updated this thread haha, this is due to a number of various personal issues but now they are done with I can get back to some modelling again :D however I did keep one project running in the background which was a commsion to weather 23 wagons (21 hoppers, 1 16ton and 1 brake van). I don't normally display commissions on my thread, but the owner gave me permision and i am more than happy to display them here. I weathered all of them using various enamel paints, weathering powders/pigments and washes, the desired finish was a worked one so I've varied the state of despair from wagon to wagon. I hope you enjoy the pics,

image.jpg

Some wagons halfway through their weathering.

image.jpg

The finshed wagons posed on the layout.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks

Nelson