Nelson's Workbench

Rate this topic

Dunluce Castle

Excellent work on a very distinctive pair of wagons Nelson. T

The finish on the little 4wheeler reminds me of the open wagons I saw during my first journey on NIR in 1980, the GNR & SLNCR used low sided 6 wheel wagons for carrying ballast a few of the GNR ones survived into the 1970

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much everyone for your comments, I'll probably get it painted on Monday as im busy all weekend :( then weathering and more detailing is to go on :) the next project is going to be sitting my exams, so no more after this one till the exams are over, but I'm sure what I have in mind for after the exams will be something special :D Nelson

Thank you very much everyone ^

Hello everyone,

Not much done to the engine except it's primer coat has been applied, I've been stuck in bed all week with some sort of flu/fever so that's why. And to make things even better the tender dropped out of my hands taking off the steps and weight inside. Ah well. We learn from our mistakes I guess and from the primer coat it's easy to see what areas need to be improved before the black goes on.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nelson

Jesus Nelson stop with the excuses, that loco looks totally the absolute busines, half finished or otherwise, your skills are an example to all, now get out of that bed & finish it, PS, for that dose, get all the Vitamin C you can get your hands on, & pour it down, well done

Superb work Nelson, you really are raising the bar! Now for the flu stuff, echinacea tablets, cod liver oil capsules and lots of the vitamin C as advised by burnthebox, all from tesco and worked for me. And we really do want you painting very soon! :-tb

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!!!!!!!

Blimey! After 10 weeks of no modelling and a ton of exams, I'm now free.....until August but shhhhhh, we shan't worry about that now :) last exam was today and 6 hours after It I finished these 2 wagons, they are ratio LMS coal wagons, 2 wagons came with the box and I built them at the same time. It's my first ratio wagon kit surprisingly enough and they are excellent, I mean wow, so good to put together, no fuss what so ever so well done to ratio! I might get some more haha.i may do one in LMS NCC colours and the other in LNWR livery .

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's so good to be back modelling again :) I have some projects planned for summer but it's mostly whatever I pick up next I will build.

Nelson

I forgot to post pics of what my PG class currently looks like so here it is as it stands. Still a bit more to do, cab number, cab details and some tidy up, apologize for the poor picture quality, must be due to the low light.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19249[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19250[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19251[/ATTACH]

Nelson

Superb looking loco. So atmospheric.

Thanks for the comments everyone ^ really appreciate them!

I've finished the 2 wagons, one NCC and the other LMS, I had fun weathering the former :) and I also finished this airfix king tiger, some modification but overall a lovely kit to build (apart from the tracks)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks,

Nelson