Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive

Rate this topic

Model makers take note,  Take a close look at No. 91 at Inchicore.  There are cloths draped over the steam supply pipe adjacent to the Safety Valves, perhaps a small leak, which had effected forward vision.  Also,  note the interesting angle of the front spring.  How many of us have stressed about getting theses nicely squared up!!!

Paul

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

GMK004 CIE 1955-xx-xx Cork, Youghal Excursion J15 195 TI215.

GMK005 CIE 1955-xx-xx Cork, former junction for Summerhill line on right Cork- Cobh train TI215.

GMK003 CCR 1955-xx-xx Cork City Railway Quayside SDGS J26 55x TI231.

GMK004 CIE 1955-xx-xx Cork, Youghal Excursion J15 195 TI215  

The first carriage looks suspiciously like 1097 or its sister, before it was got at to make it an Ambulance coach.

4 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

....GMK005 CIE 1955-xx-xx Cork, former junction for Summerhill line on right Cork- Cobh train TI215.

GMK003 CCR 1955-xx-xx Cork City Railway Quayside SDGS J26 55x TI231.  

GMK005 has J15 no.108 at the head of the train 

GMK003 looks like 558 from this angle, due to the shape of the last numeral on the plate.

Hi Ernie, just took a notion to try my hand at video editing, so thought I'd try to make something akin to the content of Britishit Rail Posting on YouTube and thought I'd use some Irish material. Tried YouTube and IFI player, but little luck and I was wondering if you had any clips of Supertrain, Arrow, black and tan and early diesels I could use. I don't plan on posting it anywhere except maybe this forum, as I don't have Facebook, YouTube etc. and I would avoid letting anyone in my year know I like trains. Thanks.

PS-there may be some of the mentioned material somewhere on this thread, but there are 75 pages! Although I think all the photos are fantastic, it may start to drag at about the 5 year mark. All my respects go to you for keeping something like this going though! If it were me, I probably would have lost interest in about 2014 haha.

On 21/5/2024 at 1:07 PM, Andy Cundick said:

If  i remember right its because it had a flat tyre. Andy

Senior had been using it as a PW inspection car at that time. He told me that its brakes were also dodgy by that stage, so that was another reason for the stick!

13 hours ago, LNERW1 said:

I was wondering if you had any clips of Supertrain, Arrow, black and tan and early diesels I could use. I don't plan on posting it anywhere except maybe this forum, as I don't have Facebook, YouTube etc. and I would avoid letting anyone in my year know I like trains. Thanks

Sorry, the only video I have is from 2000 - 2006 , the better parts (or should I say the least worst bits) are on Ernie's Railway Archive.

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 2:59 PM, Irishswissernie said:

.....x254 NCC 1964-07-03 Belfast York Road WT10 station pilot.

x254 NCC 1964-07-03 Belfast York Road WT10 station pilot. 

Are there any photos showing the colour light signal gantries at York Road? I'm particularly interested in the "pointer light" miniature signals, as they're always shown "in the distance", and never close up.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 5

A few 'new' Bandon Tank photos for Mike 84C and Sheila after an enjoyable and most pleasant few hours chatting on Haltwhistle station last Thursday.

CIE 1961-03-17 Cork ex CBSC464 JGD610301.

GMK020 CB&SCR 1955-xx Cork Rocksavage shed 467 l386.

CBSC 1953-08-24 Clonakilty Junction 467 Dn Goods (3)

CIE 1961-03-17 Cork ex CBSC464 JGD610301 GMK020 CB&SCR 1955-xx Cork Rocksavage shed 467 l386 CBSC 1953-08-24 Clonakilty Junction 467 Dn Goods (3)

• Like 11

Thanks for the shot of No.207, Ernie. I immediately thought - Thursdays only tourist train for folk staying at the UTA's hotels. But the 26th was a TUESDAY! Also May is a bit early to be holidaying in Northern Ireland! Someone with a set of Weekly notices can sort this one out!

• Like 2