Interesting pictures...

Rate this topic

Broithe

On 7/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, Broithe said:

Turn the volume up to 11 for this -

Seems Eamon Ryan was complaining about the emissions from that loco. He said it was that bad he saw it from the airplane he was travelling in to go to another "green summit" in some far off place. He said he was not the only one who saw it. He said that some of his 91 person entourage were enraged by it...

Edited by spudfan
  • Funny 1

On 10/1/2023 at 5:35 PM, spudfan said:

Seems Eamon Ryan was complaining about the emissions from that loco. He said it was that bad he saw it from the airplane he was travelling in to go to another "green summit" in some far off place. He said he was not the only one who saw it. He said that some of his 91 person entourage were enraged by it...

At this point I don’t even know if that’s satirical…

On 10/1/2023 at 5:35 PM, spudfan said:

Funny indeed, we may jest but the days of GM/EMD diesels and DMU diesels seem numbered. Think somebody posted somewhere that IR were planing to re-engine the 22k trams to meet emissions limits, and 071s may be replaced sooner than original planned due high volume of harmful NoX emissions that generation of diesels spew out. Electrification seems inevitable as our rail network is so small in terms of track distances. Heritage stuff will probably get exemptions as their nett emissions are tiny compared to in service rail services.

On 13/2/2023 at 2:53 PM, Westcorkrailway said:

Spotted that one…..unbelievable to me that colour footage of pre-emergency railways in Ireland exist 

And in Donegal too! Arguably one of the most isolated parts of the island making colour technology there so early quite a surprise to me too.

Edited by Branchline121
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Broithe said:

Do you have an obtrusive oil tank?

And a bit of spare paint..?

Errill, Co. Laois Novel way to disguise oil tank, in school yard | School  yard, Outdoor decor, Built environment

Street View caught it in process...
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.8515444,-7.672642,3a,15y,274.61h,89.4t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7cuZr9Zfj1o3Ft6FGlo4BA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I await complaints about the livery...

A nice pic of a crewless 0.7.0.........oil burner.........

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

A nice pic of a crewless 0.7.0.........oil burner.........

I hadn't noticed the white circle!

I must find out if that is intentional.

The school has a quiz running tonight, that I have been roped into - I'll see if I can find out who is responsible...

• Like 1