Interesting pictures...

Rate this topic

Broithe

On 12/3/2023 at 8:47 AM, Horsetan said:

That's nothing. In Australia, they've been getting up to 40 degrees Celsius....!

Pfft, 40 degrees in summer is nothing.

Come back to me when it's 40 there in winter...

And when it's the place that IRM / AS are going to move production to once China are sanctioned for invading Taiwan...

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Pfft, 40 degrees in summer is nothing.

Come back to me when it's 40 there in winter...

And when it's the place that IRM / AS are going to move production to once China are sanctioned for invading Taiwan...

There's always India.....

• Funny 1

The sun shone yesterday at Melkridge (just outside Haltwhistle) but back to rain today.

Here is 60090 on Gypsum mts from Newbiggin Cumbria to Tees Dock.

25 years ago in 1998 I walked from home to Melkridge to video 56123 loading coal. The siding and loop plus loader were taken out of use later in 1998 when the NIMBY's refused an extension to the Open Cast site with the argument that it was it was ancient moorland that was being destroyed although actually it was a Grouse Moor and would have been woodland if not maintained as open land for Grouse shooting. The link is the track and siding which are still there unused for 25 years and only 6 years old from when they were laid.

2023-03-27 Whitchester Tunnel, Melkridge  66090 Kingmoor - Tees Dock Gypsum MTS Melkridge 56123 ca 1998c118

Edited by Irishswissernie
  • Like 4

All we need is a 5ft 3 version of that and take it to the Kingsc- oh wait, that’s a greenway now; maybe the Foyn- wait, that’s being lifted; how about Yough- greenway also; Feni- ditto. I guess there’s no abandoned tracks in Ireland to ride a yoke like that down anymore… Apart from the WRC! Hopefully that doesn’t get greenway’d.

• Like 1