Interesting pictures...

Rate this topic

Broithe

They did get away with it! The loco was converted to an Ae8/8 in 1965 by removing the cab at one end and permanently coupling it  to similarly converted sister 254 and then re-numbering the rebuild 274. The line it 'fell off' is now double tracked although most traffic now travels via a long new tunnel avoiding the steep gradients up to the original Lotschberg Tunnel.

The recovery location is near Brig at the base of the climb with the SBB main line in the valley below next to the Oil Transfer sidings with the metre gauge  BVZ route to Zermatt. All these lines are still in use today.

• Informative 4

1 hour ago, Irishswissernie said:

They did get away with it! The loco was converted to an Ae8/8 in 1965 by removing the cab at one end and permanently coupling it  to similarly converted sister 254 and then re-numbering the rebuild 274. The line it 'fell off' is now double tracked although most traffic now travels via a long new tunnel avoiding the steep gradients up to the original Lotschberg Tunnel.

The recovery location is near Brig at the base of the climb with the SBB main line in the valley below next to the Oil Transfer sidings with the metre gauge  BVZ route to Zermatt. All these lines are still in use today.

I knew that all I had to do was set up the trap and wait for it to be sprung...

Slightly disappointed, though, not to have had names and addresses for all the personnel involved.

• Funny 6

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I agree! If you look at pages 11 and 13 of this thread you will see a few more photos taken during a walk  on Sliabh Sneacht with a decent covering of snow. The two on page 11 are from December 14 last year and the two on page 13 are from March 10 this year.

Edited by spudfan
  • Like 2

CAPTIONS invited for this one!

The delightfully named Sins station in Switzerland back in May 1988, I don't know how I missed the possible 'interpretations' here when I took it, probably because I was far more interested in 10970. The loco and the old (possibly just exhausted) chap are probably no longer with us but the lady could well be so I have obscured her face.

Sins1097011may88c277.thumb.jpg.f20bf19bef212a4aab0b369494c4de19.jpg

• Like 5

On 17/12/2023 at 9:33 AM, Broithe said:

He (the bull)is supposed to have escaped from a slaughter house, done well if he has been adopted by an animal sanctuary.

Edited by Mayner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Irishswissernie said:

The delightfully named Sins station in Switzerland back in May 1988, I don't know how I missed the possible 'interpretations' here when I took it, probably because I was far more interested in 10970. The loco and the old (possibly just exhausted) chap are probably no longer with us but the lady could well be so I have obscured her face.

"so I have obscured her face"  Wondering Why you did this? 

1 hour ago, Irishswissernie said:

Sins of the Past...

18 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

"so I have obscured her face"  Wondering Why you did this?

And...

Sins of the past!

😂😂😂

• Like 1

New iPhone 14 mandated in work so have been getting used to it the past week.

Overall feel so far is that it's a far lesser 'phone than the BlackBerry, kind of like driving an automatic instead of a manual, but the camera and screen resolution do stand out.

Sunrise picture and evening rain picture from yesterday, taken using the new iPhone.

2023-12-22 08.39.08.jpg

2023-12-22 17.31.56.jpg

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 2