More Bubble Fun with Original Slate Grey and Irish Cement Wagons

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

33 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

now he tells me....

<looks askance at his grey bubbles and tippex coaches>

<edit> oh wait... you mean dark grey bubbles.... sigh of relief

Yes - I suppose there were TWO grey liveries!

1.  Original grey paint 1960s- c.1972

2.  All-over cement covering, which was variously light or dark grey according to whether it was wet or dry weather - the damp soaking into the concrete "paint"!

Just found a book last night (actually 3 editions of Locomotives and Rolling Stock) with the delivery batch production runs but I'm not sure the are 100% correct.

25050-69 built in 1964

25070-94, 100-104 built in 1965

25095-99, 105-119 built in 1967

25120-139 built in 1970

25140-199 built in 1972

(I don't understand what was going on with the production batches in 1965 and 67)

Looking at the above and the fact wagon 187 was in grey by photo evidence it pores water on the theory that any bubbles were actually in orange as delivered.

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

Low Stock Alert: Irish Cement Bubbles!

457960177_Irishcementlownumbersleft.thumb.jpg.4a16af81ba593f89dd78050c313e12cc.jpg

Here is a heads up regarding our Irish Cement bubbles, with under 20 now left in stock. It will be a very long time before these are done again (if ever!) so don't miss out!

Order here for dispatch tomorrow: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cement-bubbles/products/cie-cement-wagon-multi-pack-h

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

Thanks for that , Wallet just drained ...again..on my final bubble packs. Kegs bundle (sounds nice a cuddly) ordered in one sweep plus my RC FW-190D 33 inch Park flyer landed came too Horray!. Wifes car Insurance bill moments after...my short lived joy was sucked back out again.

The 190 is begging for a repaint and of course the weather changes for the worse.

image.thumb.png.e1dc046bb9f0211d6322ec1c0b7762ea.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Thanks for that , Wallet just drained ...again..on my final bubble packs. Kegs bundle (sounds nice a cuddly) ordered in one sweep plus my RC FW-190D 33 inch Park flyer landed came too Horray!. Wifes car Insurance bill moments after...my short lived joy was sucked back out again.

The 190 is begging for a repaint and of course the weather changes for the worse.

image.thumb.png.e1dc046bb9f0211d6322ec1c0b7762ea.png

Nice one George, the 190 looks super!

Down to our last 11 packs ladies and gents, and 4 packs of fert pack D left. Dont miss out! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up; we're down to our last 11 packs of pack J in the very attractive grey livery! Thank you to to everyone who ordered! We have slightly more pack I, but not a huge amount more. Perfect for your 1960s era 141s and forthcoming A and 121s!

518288612_greybubbles.thumb.jpg.fbfb255d7ee1c2b27e79d5be50d08ee1.jpg

Order here before they go: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cement-bubbles/products/cie-grey-cement-wagon-multi-pack-j

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DiveController said:

One pack left ...😅

Aaannnnddd it's since been snapped up. Thank you everyone!

We still have 24 packs of the other slate grey livery, pack I, left. However, as we saw with pack J, these packs will not hang around much longer! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cement-bubbles/products/cie-grey-cement-wagon-multi-pack-i

Thanks once again to everyone who ordered!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

On 8/6/2020 at 10:25 AM, Warbonnet said:

Aaannnnddd it's since been snapped up. Thank you everyone!

We still have 24 packs of the other slate grey livery, pack I, left. However, as we saw with pack J, these packs will not hang around much longer! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cement-bubbles/products/cie-grey-cement-wagon-multi-pack-i

Thanks once again to everyone who ordered!

Cheers!

Fran

Yummie. These are my favourite livery for the Bubbles and nicely overlap my era. Exquisite and atmospheric wagons. They will be quite at home passing through Gort, as will loose coupled vans and open wagons. Postman recently delivered.

IMG_7181.thumb.JPG.cf4d23531cbc579f2f85f82676967f60.JPG

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Yeah, but those Bachmann green coaches only pop up every now and then, usually for silly money. The grey Bubbles will compliment my mini-rake of single-stripe Cravens.

3 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Yeah, but those Bachmann green coaches only pop up every now and then, usually for silly money. The grey Bubbles will compliment my mini-rake of single-stripe Cravens.

yes unfortunately what was freely available up to a couple of years ago has started to disappear quickly. we are even getting to the stage of the last few 201 and 071 locos been available . market has increased dramatically and even with IRMs entry there is not enough stock out there . at least IRM has turned the tide and given us freight and permanent way stock but we all await their entry into the passenger market here

• Like 3

Now sold out, thanks everyone!

Just ivory pack G left, perfect for those Supertrain, IR and IE 121s, 141s, 071s and our own As, as well as orange, enterprise and intercity 201s! Now with a reduced price of €122.97 too! You can order them here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cement-bubbles/products/irish-cement-wagon-multi-pack-g

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...