More Bubble Fun with Original Slate Grey and Irish Cement Wagons

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

• 2 weeks later...

Gents , DEMU is a great show and if about well worth it new bigger venue still in Burton on Trent - home of Bass now called something else which I seem to blank out !! ( Also home to many breweries in times past - masses of little steam tanks called it home.)  Please find a bit of space for Irish stock  -it is bound to create interest esp any Ferts or bogie flats to drool over - for me anyway! - "A " classic move to display at this fine show.  see you Sunday I think if work allows

Robert   

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the email - they're on the way...🚚...............now to hopefully evade the customs at Chez Edo " what!!!....more bubbles.....etc etc etc."..........keep telling her it could be far worse...😁

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Order some bubble bath as a treat for her and hope they arrive on the same day.

"The bubble stuff is here, Dearest"

She won't notice the other box in her excitement and you won't actually have lied to her.

If only  .........😁

I casually mentioned last year that i could so with some extra room for a layout( ie one of the sparish rooms we have filled with "stuff"....)...now we've just got planning permission for an extension and i spent 5 hours of life that i will never get back in the IKEA kitchen planning dept yesterday.......this model railway craic is turning fierce expensive and i havent laid a centimetre of track or spun a bogie with intent yet!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edo said:

i spent 5 hours of life that i will never get back in the IKEA kitchen planning dept yesterday.

Tell her that you've now switched your direction towards the railways of Sweden, as a result of her influence.

Then you will have an alibi for Googling "Swedish models"....

• Funny 3

Like a child on christmas morning I am - to the bemusement of wife, mother in law and cat!

Probably not chronologically correct -but who cares ! - looks great!

thanks guys - I hope to get cracking on a more suitable surface for them to grace than the kitchen table.

Ed

20190529_222644.jpg

20190529_222804.jpg

20190529_222936.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Going all green here men, save the planet!
Do you think you could ask our Chinese friends to stop with the plastic bags?
Have a kitchen full of them and they don't go into the recycle bin

Lol, they insist on them to stop the boxes rubbing together in transit. We have requested cardboard or similar in future for that very reason. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
50 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

You need to use a discount code / promo code now for it to work (we're working on matching up how we do it on accura with set bundles),

Drop a line to support@irishrailwaymodels.com to get the code :) 

Much appreciated Stephen, all sorted. :tumbsup:

• Like 2

A quick question about the bubble livery.

Wasn't the last batch delivered in orange as new due to the staggered batch production? So there should be a set of bubbles that were never in the 1960's grey?

If so how is running number 25187 in grey livery if they finished on 199. Small last production run perhaps?

2 hours ago, Railer said:

A quick question about the bubble livery.

Wasn't the last batch delivered in orange as new due to the staggered batch production? So there should be a set of bubbles that were never in the 1960's grey.....

The grey wagons were all repainted orange LONG before the ivory started.

Thus, while at the dawn of the “supertrain” loco livery, there were probably still a few grey bubbles, (a) most were now orange, including the later ones delivered NEW in orange, and (b) all grey were long long gone by the time the “Tippex” striped loco livery appeared (1987).

• Informative 1

On 10/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, jhb171achill said:

... all grey were long long gone by the time the “Tippex” striped loco livery appeared (1987).

now he tells me....

<looks askance at his grey bubbles and tippex coaches>

<edit> oh wait... you mean dark grey bubbles.... sigh of relief

Edited by Dr Gerbil-Fritters
being an idiot
  • Like 2