Guinness Keg Wagons

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

And then there were two!

Pack B of the Kegs is now sold out, and there are just limited amounts of Pack C and D remaining! Thanks to everyone who has ordered and dont miss out!

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks. Received a lovely pair which is sufficient for me running in a mixed rake of containers and bubbles. Classy wagons.

13 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Pack B of the Kegs is now sold out, and there are just limited amounts of Pack C and D remaining! Thanks to everyone who has ordered and dont miss out!

@Warbonnet Fran,

May I politely request your immediate attention to emails sent regarding a 'delivered' shipment that has not been received please? #4611

Thanks

K

@DiveController Mine did not get delivered yet but mine are stuck last tracking somewhere in New York looks like they have made it out of US Customs. I have opened up a case with USPS to see if they can track down where they are at, as there was updates advising me that my package was apparently, "In transit to the next facility" for 4 straight days and then over the last 2, nothing. Have yours ever shown up on USPS tracking website? Mine will have been 3 weeks since they shipped from IRM, tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, DiveController said:

@Warbonnet Fran,

May I politely request your immediate attention to emails sent regarding a 'delivered' shipment that has not been received please? #4611

Thanks

K

Hi Kevin,

We are looking into this for you on the back of the email we received from you yesterday. Is a forum prompt on the same day strictly necessary? 

As advised below, due to the current pandemic situation post to the USA is taking longer than normal. Responses to our enquiries are too. 

Thanks

Fran

@mmie353No sign of my 'Delivered' item (Royal Mail). My kegs are in it and some of the MM coaches and a few other things.

USPS don't know where it is. My local mailman knows me as the guy who get fairly regular shipment of railway models from abroad and is familiar with Royal Mail packaging.

The only hope right now is that he doesn't remember delivering it to me or elsewhere so I'm hoping that the RM tracking is just plain wrong and the item is stuck in customs for the last three weeks or more. Usually he'd drop it to my door rather than leaving it in the mail locker.

He says that the USPS tracking is better than is has been in the past and if they haven't received it, they really haven't and its still in customs. I don't know where the RM get their 'delivered' tracking info from but its freaking everyone out and causing a lot of friction. Just have to wait it out and see if I get keg liner.

How did you find out your item was in CT customs?

26 minutes ago, DiveController said:

@mmie353No sign of my 'Delivered' item (Royal Mail). My kegs are in it and some of the MM coaches and a few other things.

USPS don't know where it is. My local mailman knows me as the guy who get fairly regular shipment of railway models from abroad and is familiar with Royal Mail packaging.

The only hope right now is that he doesn't remember delivering it to me or elsewhere so I'm hoping that the RM tracking is just plain wrong and the item is stuck in customs for the last three weeks or more. Usually he'd drop it to my door rather than leaving it in the mail locker.

He says that the USPS tracking is better than is has been in the past and if they haven't received it, they really haven't and its still in customs. I don't know where the RM get their 'delivered' tracking info from but its freaking everyone out and causing a lot of friction. Just have to wait it out and see if I get keg liner.

How did you find out your item was in CT customs?

Hi Kevin,

I emailed you last night to inform you about your parcel. I take it from the above that you did not receive this message? Please check your spam folder if this is the case, and it may explain why replies to your queries had gone astray.

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 1

@DiveController so when my order shipped from IRM, I tracked the provided order number with Royal Mail and gave it a couple of days after last movement in the UK, It then appeared up on the USPS tracking website in "ISC New York (USPS)" facility which in the past I was told was "Customs". I was told also that it can stay there for like 30 days until it gets processed, so I thought, ok let's see how long it stays there. So then there was movement to "Stamford CT Distribution Center" on June 30th. I thought, "great movement, that baby is on it's way to Chicago", so on July 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th and 5th all I have for tracking updates was "In transit to next facility" when I tracked it on the USPS website. And there have been no updates on the tracking of my package since then. 

So I thought I need to open up a case with USPS to see where the heck this is? So I did that on Tuesday, got an email on that evening, "we are investigating it and we will get back to you". I heard nothing so first thing this morning, I called my local distribution center and I opened up a case with them on this. 30 minutes before my earlier post, I got an email, my package is at customs. When I called this morning, I was told the weight of the package and they commented, "for the size of the package, that is heavy" I was thinking great, they think there is something fishy on this one.. So my wait continues, I am hoping that someone there sees the package, do whatever ( I hope without any damage) and let it on it's merry way to me and let's get it here already. 

I do have 2 other orders from IRM and one of them is stuck in New York once again at the "ISC New York (USPS)" So I am hoping that one gets released and that be on it's merry way also. My other order, IRM are working with me on that one so I am not too worried on that one at the moment, so that is fine. 

For my case Guinness Wagons, there is nothing IRM can do for me, any time I ask any of the lads, they have been great. I am just curious with your order as with mine is going through some crazy stuff at the moment, hence here and there I ask you on your order. I am not aware of anyone else on here that lives in North America but ah sure with a bit of luck, we will get our orders, I am hoping shortly.

Either we have bad luck at the moment or it is what is going on with Covid-19 but the east coast is like not the hotspots here anymore.. I am dying to get them here as I am admiring everyone else that brought them that has a video of them or pictures of them as they do look awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

@DiveController cool dude, I am sure that the lads at IRM will take care of it and get your order shipping to you. I can keep you updated with mine if you wish. I hope that you do not have the same issues I am having once your order hits this country. I do have rotten luck with orders from Europe... Always something.. 

Edited by mmie353
  • Like 1

I ordered another pack. I know, I know, despite my lack of interest in having a rake of modernity due my preferred era, they way I looked at it I managed to buy an extra pair of flat wagons for putting C-Rail containers on or running unladen, and also got an accessory pack of kegs for use on loading docks and trucks. I plan to run the kegs in mixed rake formations with some containers, and cement wagons, bubbles and pallets. Variety makes the world interesting.

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, we're down to our last few packs of keg wagons in stock. There are only 7 pack D packs left in stock at the time of writing! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/guinness-keg-liners/products/copy-of-cie-ir-42-flat-twin-pack-guinness-kegs-d

Cheers to everyone who placed an order!

Fran

Cheers, another pack arrived in this mornings post. I just had to get some more. :) The loads and cages are really top drawer.

• Like 1

What is really getting me mad is I am being given "incorrect information" is the nice way I am putting it. My local post office telling me that, it is held at customs, and now on I reached out to them on a PM on Twitter and I am told "there is a large backlog at our distribution center in CT, and to please wait a little longer".  I am still being fed more garbage, " it could be a barcode issue that is causing the delay", I think I need to give someone a good yelling at so lets wait until morning and see what happens.. Someone at USPS may get an unpleasant call. It takes a lot to get me mad, but being fed "incorrect information" only makes me worse. I have had a 201 shipped after the guinness wagons and that 201 was delivered last week, with another 201 that is somewhere between New York and Chicago but that shows movement in the right direction.. for now... 

@DiveController dude, I am sorry that you are also waiting for yours. I hope once yours get shipped you do not suffer the same problems that I am having at the moment with mine

Edited by mmie353

The misinformation is the worst part as you say. I though mine had been delivered to the wrong place as thats the info that the Royal Mail put up. Turns out my USPS post was correct and it hadn't entered their system at all. Keg are sold out now so I really hope to get this. I had some other stuff in there too , some Mk2d etc. Been so long I've almost forgotten 🤔 

What the heck? What were the Royal Mail up to? Nuts dude. I hope that you get your order delivered. On a positive note, I did get a 071 from DC kits delivered without tracking 2 and a half to 3 weeks after it was shipped, it turned up on my door about 3 weeks ago.  

Edited by mmie353

10 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Can I ask a noob question? Why are royal mail involved? Are the products shipped from Ireland or the UK? Just curious.

all of irms stock is in the uk in the accruscale warehouse its cheaper and better for them makes good business sense

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Yeah makes sense for now at least. Not sure what it's going to be like in January when our neighbours are really out of the EU altogether. Potentially quite messy.

In the short to medium term, it will not impact anything, but we continue monitoring the situation. 

Found out that the distribution centers here in the US are operating on 50% capacity at the moment. To get something quick to the US would need to be dispatched 1st class.... uggghhh not sure how much that would be but it is like strange as I have a delivered 201 last week that was like normal expected time to be delivered, unless I was lucky on that one... 

9 hours ago, BosKonay said:

We're already shipping customs data on all orders, so we don't foresee any change.

Store them in Dundalk and we can skip up to Newry to use Royal Mail. No need for customs forms around here. 😉 I'll make some pallet space for you.