Guinness Keg Wagons

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

They'll be on the proverbial slow boat from China eh!

Just shows how mental our world has gone in a couple of months.

Thats grand - they'll be here about the same time as the 121s I m looking for

Edited by Edo

39 minutes ago, Edo said:

They'll be on the proverbial slow boat from China eh!

Just shows how mental our world has gone in a couple of months.

Thats grand - they'll be here about the same time as the 121s I m looking for

with the recent increase in customs charges in china as well as air frieght charges id reckon most stuff will be by boat in the future

3 hours ago, mphoey said:

with the recent increase in customs charges in china as well as air frieght charges id reckon most stuff will be by boat in the future

Most airfreight is via passenger aircraft, and there isn't much of that flying at the moment. So, boat it is! 

1 hour ago, Wexford70 said:

Are each of the keg cages numbered differently in each of the packs?

Great looking models.

They are indeed!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 4/10/2020 at 2:38 PM, Warbonnet said:

Sorry, missed your query! Mid 90s to late 06! 

Cheers,

Fran

Sorry, silly question, but...

Is that running era of nineties to '06 due to the height of the cages?

As in, would an accesory pack of cages with lower sides make these same wagons appropriate for somebody modelling from the seventies until the nineties?

Or were the wagons themselves physically different?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 6:23 PM, Warbonnet said:

Most airfreight is via passenger aircraft, and there isn't much of that flying at the moment. So, boat it is! 

They are indeed!

Cheers!

Fran

Did you look into the Rail Options from China?, Works quite well too, We moving a fair bit in these days.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 1:40 PM, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

We have just updated our website with pics of each pack, with some extra close ups: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/guinness-keg-liners

These beauties take to the high seas early next week and will be with us at the end of June. Over 65% now gone, so don't miss out. It's the only daft stout currently available!

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran. Are these still due at the warehouse for the end of June? Thanks. Noel

11 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Yes, just passed through the Suez canal. :) 

Ah good, safely past the Somali's who might have tried to hijack the Guinness :) And all the Irish expats living in Saudi dreaming about Sally O'Brien and the way she might look at you.

18 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Yes, just passed through the Suez canal. :) 

PS: Are you using Marine AIS tracker app to follow the vessel?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

132309741_kegliners.thumb.jpg.23d544ca5ce8d54a7f908711bf302363.jpg

Hi everyone,

Due in stock to our warehouse tomorrow are our hotly anticipated keg wagons! You may find it hard to get a pint anywhere at the moment, but we will have all the liquid refreshment you need!

After counting into stock and checks, dispatch will begin. We estimate this to begin at the end of this week!

Placed your order yet? €100 per twin pack and all four packs (8 wagons) for €370! Order now: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/guinness-keg-liners

Cheers!

Fran
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 2

7 hours ago, mmie353 said:

Hi Fran,

I am curious that is all, will they get dispatched from Ireland or the UK? An Post are shipping no parcels to the US at the moment, hence why I am wondering where they are shipping from.

Mark M

Good morning Mark,

We moved all of our logistics and fulfilment to the UK last October/November, so as usual, all parcels will ship from the UK, using either Royal Mail Tracked, or for some large orders DHL.

Once the team have sorted and counted / checked the stock in, we'll begin dispatch of the many many orders of kegs, as soon as yours leaves us, you'll get an email update with tracking details.

This is a good time for all to check their orders look ok, delivery addresses remain accurate, payments are reflected correctly and all is well before the rush

You can tell how pleased I am with my new toys and while The Boys have shown us some photos of "what you get", it's not until you actually take it to bits that you realise -

DSC03488.thumb.jpg.67a31e3b0af49dea2462362ec4f2d765.jpg

You get 450 barrels of Guinness and if each holds 88 pints (someone can correct me), that's just short of 40,000 pints - that's a pint and a half for every day of my 74 years!), five nice cages and a very fine wagon, which barely weighs 50grams - no wonder No.53 ran away with eight on (see Layouts, Portadown Jct).

It's all a bit of a change from the old order - here seen with it's little sisters at Portadown Goods -

DSC03473.thumb.jpg.8ccb3a19d1a2d6454a82971a43c2f2ed.jpg

I said it before - VERY well done!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

One gone now...

I may actually be winning from all this lockdown stuff.

Although I currently have zero income, I also spend virtually nothing. I haven't been in any shop (other than a weekly Lidl run) since early March.

I've fixed loads of stuff 'for free' that I might have been tempted to replace, otherwise.

I'm driving 28 miles per week and haven't put any fuel in since then, either. I still have half a tank.

I would probably have only had two packs in 'normal' times, now I feel justified in going for a bundle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

My keg bundle arrived yesterday evening and I was able to really appreciate going over these wagons last night. To say they are stunning is an ( and yes I have said that about each Irm release and will probably say the same about future releases ) understatement. They really do look the part . Thanks very much lads once again for a  lovely wagon. Cheers

• Thanks 2

Good to see these looks so well , my two packs seem caught in  a postal time warp/ black hole having now had three differing emails from PO, and  getting delivery to my local PO for today nothing came except another no- reply email saying at Sorting office - which is only doing redelivery and saying I can pick it up !! go figure . Hopefully tomorrow...

Robert 

• Like 1

I to would like to express my thanks to the guys in IRM as I received my bundle of Guinness Kegs on Monday last, & although I haven’t as yet been able to physically hold the wagons I have no doubt of their perfection judging by the detail on my sets of Tara Wagons, Cement Bubbles & my Ballast Plough vans, & I am really looking forward to getting my paws on my 121 👍

BTB

Edited by burnthebox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Annoyingly my kegs "appearently" came Monday as I have the slip saying sorry we missed you but alas no knocks on the door. Not like my usual postie! Still delievery rearranged for within 5 working days. The pictures are whetting my whistle as the thirst for the kegs is something aweful!

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, DoctorPan said:

Annoyingly my kegs "appearently" came Monday as I have the slip saying sorry we missed you but alas no knocks on the door. Not like my usual postie! Still delievery rearranged for within 5 working days. The pictures are whetting my whistle as the thirst for the kegs is something aweful!

Well my keg liner is somewhere but with Royal Mail tracking it seems to have disappeared into the bowels of the earth, (or freighter or something). Undoubtedly it will resurface somewhere in the US at which point it will hopefully NOT be transferred to the US Postal service whose tracking system is equally woeful as the Royal Mail's.

Shopify isn't any more helpful as it probably relies on these.  17Track is usually pretty good for most carriers but again dependent on the primary carriers tracking.

I have three packages total (not from IRM) 'In Transit' somewhere around the globe. One was due today ...... Crickets.....chirp, chirp........ Bloody irritating but, anyway, hopefully they'll all turn up at some point. 

• Like 1