Guinness Keg Wagons

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

9 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Still waiting for mine a week after receiving the dispatch email.....and that's only to the north west of Ireland.....😟

I got mine today - a week after notification - in the mid west. I think one of the issues is the Royal Mail - it didnt leave the UK until Monday evening - the other issue is the lack of aircraft going between here and Uk compared to normal - its 95% down on normal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Edo said:

I got mine today - a week after notification - in the mid west. I think one of the issues is the Royal Mail - it didnt leave the UK until Monday evening - the other issue is the lack of aircraft going between here and Uk compared to normal - its 95% down on normal.

Good to know......its tomorrow for me so.....just in time for the weekend....:tumbsup:

1 minute ago, ttc0169 said:

Good to know......its tomorrow for me so.....just in time for the weekend....:tumbsup:

Check your notification email and follow the link for tracking your shipment - its pretty accurate and will give u an idea where it is - id say u'll get them tomorrow and we'll see a stout liner tearing thru Tara Junction tomorrow evening.😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to show I’m not prejudice, I’ll buy from anyone, where I feel I’ll get a bargain, which has included Spain, I got this, this morning at 11am, having bought it on Monday night on the bay at appox 9pm, so that was quick, to say the least, now with my stock from IRM, & MM & Marks Models & Ebay, I’m a very happy bunny....! 😃

D90D9E0E-D19C-47A0-9779-B954240DADB2.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Edo said:

My keg order dispatched on the 18th and still no sign, yet the Mk2Ds I ordered dispatched on the 19th and I got them Wednesday morning. The kegs seem to be held up somewhere, and I've a funny feeling my send keg order will get here first and they dispatched on the 23rd. It's pot luck at the moment

I actually ran mine last night, First time I embarrassingly ran anything from the IRM Stable but could not resist getting these out. The 8 wagons make some long train. Being used to the little UK wagons from the 50-60's it took some getting used too! Bit Squeaky but other wise pretty class stuff!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Edo said:

Funny, I got no notification or tracking info and received my wagons yesterday morning.

5 hours ago, connollystn said:

@burnthebox. I think you should have posted the picture of your new Class 071 in the "Where to get a bargain" thread. It is totally unrelated to the current subject matter which is about another one of IRM's brilliant productions.

Hi connellystn and thanks,  while I do understand what you’re saying regarding the 071, the only reason I put it on here is because  I was just wanted to show what I had got over the past few weeks in total so far...!!! as to putting it in “ Where to get a Bargin “ on IRM,  I’m sorry but I don’t know where that is on IRM...!
BTB

9 hours ago, Broithe said:

I now have 400,000 pints of Guinness to keep me going.

Unfortunately, when you divide by 76.2 (cubed) you'll find you're still waiting for your pint:cheers:

About 0.9 of a pint, you'll be needing to talk to the barman on that one!

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

Just got my first rake today after they got lost in the post system, second rake due tomorrow.

The detail on these is amazing and I was surprised that they weigh as much as they do. The cages and kegs are a masterpiece of detail design at this scale.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mmie353 said:

Mine are stuck almost a week in New York with the USPS processing center... can be held up to 30 days 😞 before processing... Apparently delivery is supposed to be today, now sure how that is possible when it has to get to the mid west. 

How do you even know that? I have the Post Office GB tracking number on my Shopify app which gets me as fast as Peterborough. Usually there is another tracking number for the international section but I have no idea where to find it? 😞

I think USPS have dispensed with tracking altogether, a package that was delivered days ago is still "in Illinois" 

@DiveController I punched in my tracking number provided by IRM to track with Royal Mail. I also placed it into my Shopify app. Once it gets shipped by IRM, I usually set email alerts for that package with USPS about a day later, so when it arrives over here, then I can track it with USPS, I set up email notification with USPS. I called USPS before when they held an order of mine for 2 or 3 weeks to be told even though it "passed through facility, ISC New York (or Chicago), they can hold it for up to 30 days before releasing the package". My last order from IRM came to the Chicago facility and I am sorry to say this, it was slower to get released from Chicago than New York. Sad as I live in the south west suburbs of Chicago.  Lol come to think of it, my last order came to Chicago and it may have been also delivered but on their end, still with them. 

It can get a little frustrating as there have been times I have used a tracking number provided by a seller for something I have purchased from home or UK and it turns out that was not the tracking number used by USPS for tracking the items, ( I have no idea how this was the case, but it was). I think if you see that it hit a facility over here, then it is the waiting game we are playing to get it released and finally delivered.

Edited by mmie353
oops
  • Informative 1

18 hours ago, mmie353 said:

@DiveController I punched in my tracking number provided by IRM to track with Royal Mail. I also placed it into my Shopify app. Once it gets shipped by IRM, I usually set email alerts for that package with USPS about a day later, so when it arrives over here, then I can track it with USPS, I set up email notification with USPS. I called USPS before when they held an order of mine for 2 or 3 weeks to be told even though it "passed through facility, ISC New York (or Chicago), they can hold it for up to 30 days before releasing the package". My last order from IRM came to the Chicago facility and I am sorry to say this, it was slower to get released from Chicago than New York. Sad as I live in the south west suburbs of Chicago.  Lol come to think of it, my last order came to Chicago and it may have been also delivered but on their end, still with them. 

It can get a little frustrating as there have been times I have used a tracking number provided by a seller for something I have purchased from home or UK and it turns out that was not the tracking number used by USPS for tracking the items, ( I have no idea how this was the case, but it was). I think if you see that it hit a facility over here, then it is the waiting game we are playing to get it released and finally delivered.

ok, I put the Royal Mail tracking number from IRM Shopify into USPS and no update other than 'Acceptance" in UK 10 days ago. I'll sit it out and hope. I have another package (nor IRM) stuck in 'IndiaNoPlace', IN 😂

2 hours ago, DiveController said:

ok, I put the Royal Mail tracking number from IRM Shopify into USPS and no update other than 'Acceptance" in UK 10 days ago. I'll sit it out and hope. I have another package (nor IRM) stuck in 'IndiaNoPlace', IN 😂

That seems most odd, you seem to be very unfortunate. I was notified on Jun 17 by IRM that the parcel had shipped and can see acceptance on that date by the Royal Mail. I can also see that it was processed through the USPS Chicago facility on Jun 24, arrived Marietta GA Jun 27 and delivered (as was anticipated while still in Chicago) on Mon Jun 29. Only complaint is that the postman left the parcel in blazing sunshine in the front yard (about 90f) where it sat for over 4 hours until I arrived home. 

Once again, our friends at IRM have done us proud with another fine model. However the only criticism I have applies to all the  wagons in the 42ft project, and others as well, and that is the larger than necessary gap between vehicles when coupled with the couplings supplied, and not everyone uses, or even likes, Kadee couplings. One easy answer is to replace the supplied couplings with Bachmann 36-061 Short Straight couplings, which are a direct plug in replacement, and reduce the gap by about 2.5mm. They are also black which means they are less conspicuous than the brown couplings supplied.

The following pictures show two Keg wagons with the couplings compressed, and showing the difference in the gap between buffers.

Original couplings as supplied.

20200701_140820.thumb.jpg.e170cbcf22415b537c196d93bdd1951f.jpg

Replacement Bachmann couplings

20200701_140915.thumb.jpg.5b4a93f55694251852f34666e7a04ddf.jpg

Unfortunately, at the time of writing, there seems to be a shortage of these particular couplings with no online retailers having any stock, although I did manage to obtain some from Stockton Models Ltd.

which arrived in record time. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

25 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know we have just under 10% of our keg stock remaining. So, if you're looking to get some, you'll need to nab them quick! 

Cheers!

Fran

Always bound to be a bit of a keg supply issue, with the pubs suddenly reopening a bit...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Well mine landed today, great work by all involved .  I look forward to future models - even if my account might not be so keen.

I recall seeing comments on keg and pallets as an accessory pack will this be soonish?  

Also what chance packs of bogies ? 

Thanks 

Robert 

We're working on both options Robert!

On 7/1/2020 at 9:41 AM, Dhu Varren said:

the only criticism I have applies to all the  wagons in the 42ft project, and others as well, and that is the larger than necessary gap between vehicles when coupled with the couplings supplied, ....replace the supplied couplings with Bachmann 36-061 Short Straight couplings, which are a direct plug in replacement, and reduce the gap by about 2.5mm.

They are also black which means they are less conspicuous than the brown couplings supplied.

Replacement Bachmann couplings

20200701_140915.thumb.jpg.5b4a93f55694251852f34666e7a04ddf.jpg

I agree with you that the closeness and black couplings look better and highlight the brown hook nicely. I ordered some of the IRM cosmetic couplings with my Keg liner. I wonder if they could be added in brown to improve the illusion. Unfortunately they left Peterborough 13 days ago but only left Heathrow last night, what they were doin with them I have no idea! Any way, I'm going to give see how they work.

I though some of the rakes had a close coupling bar (again in brown but that could be blackened also)

3 hours ago, DiveController said:

I though some of the rakes had a close coupling bar (again in brown but that could be blackened also)

I have used the supplied close coupling bars with my fixed rake of 'Ferts' but the 'Beer Keg' wagons will be used in mixed freight trains, which include some extra 'Ferts', so I wanted  them to have tension lock couplings for shunting purposes.

I have also fitted the Bachmann 36-061 couplings to my baby GMs, and other MM locos, to reduce the gap between locos and wagons. 

• Like 1