North Wall/ Port Thuaidh

Rate this topic

201bhoy

112 looks pretty tasty hauling those Mk3's alright. Contrasting blue n orange is a great combo! Good to see the layout is progressing well. Best of luck with it and keep posting pics. Out of interest... what did you decide regarding DCC controllers in the end... did ya go for the NCE powercab? I remember this being discussed ages ago on the forum.

Cheers, Tom

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good 201bhoy. I've been meaning to start my layout but it hasn't happened yet. So I'm drawing inspiration from yours, gonna make a start in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing this layout progress, with particular interested in the motorway scene. Keep up the good work. 👍

Thanks a lot guys! Tom, I'm getting the Prodigy Express I think, suits my layout the best. Krose, unfortunately I might not have room for the motorway bridge as it looks like it's gonna be too wide. John-r, I got my mk3s from Barl on this site, think the genny van is Weshty's kit but you'd have to ask him to be certain!

John-r, I got my mk3s from Barl on this site, think the genny van is Weshty's kit but you'd have to ask him to be certain!

The layout is coming along nicely Vincent:) You're right about the genny van, it was an SSM kit as were the decals on the coaches.

As for the concrete areas, I've been doing something very similar to Kirley (maybe not quite as well though) over the last few days but I've just been using standard filler. Its not finished yet but I'm pleased with how its turned out so far, I'll try post some pics soon!

It's great when a plan starts to come together! All the hard work planning is paying off - congratulations. Looking forward to seeing more updates as work progresses.

Thanks Josefstadt! To be honest, I'm just a tiny bit sad it's got to this stage, no more chopping and changing now, which I always enjoyed :( But can't wait for DCC!

Thanks Josefstadt! To be honest, I'm just a tiny bit sad it's got to this stage, no more chopping and changing now, which I always enjoyed :( But can't wait for DCC!

That will change pretty soon Vincent when DCC operations start on the layout. This where the real fun begins.

Rich,

• 1 month later...

Couple more videos. Second one sees the last train of the day arrive, the newly introduced daily boat train from Rosslare, which connects with the ferry from Le Havre! 177 shunts the coaches into the sidings, releasing 220, which goes back to York Road for Christmas day!

• 11 months later...