30 Ton Brake Van

Rate this topic

Kirley

Sorry lads, stock not ready just couldn't make the trip.

I have donor chassis and the brass etches on order so should have stock in the next 10 days. The van will cost 30 +2 p&p irrespective of location address (England, Scotland, Wales, NI, Republic etc.......) so send on your paypal, cheques etc. etc and we'll see you right.

Hi Des,

Just checking if you have an order for two of the kits with the chassis from me? Name is Andrew Skinner - I sent you an email a couple of weeks back, and also posted a message on the old yuku site asking if you got the email. It's just I can't see that I made a payment to you with Paypal looking through my paypal history.

cheers,

Andy

Good post well worth looking at but which bits of the kit were missing or was hejust expecting more bits .

the photos are great and useful . made my mind up i want one now

Hi Waffles,

The four veranda-end t-bars are not in the etch, but can be fashioned from the 1mm wide struts holding the etched parts together. The parts George is talking about were the transfers, glazing and styrene roof which I sent on two days after sending the main kit.

Regards

Weshty

Hi Waffles,

The four veranda-end t-bars are not in the etch, but can be fashioned from the 1mm wide struts holding the etched parts together. The parts George is talking about were the transfers, glazing and styrene roof which I sent on two days after sending the main kit.

Regards

Weshty

Cheers just wanted to know as the kit look good and the end result is amazing

Hi Lads,

New site looks good boys, Hope it lasts a bit longer this time.

Heres the lastest pic of the Brake van, Its all soldered construction and took a wee bit more time than I expected.

I have not progressed much further as I have exams in June and pressure is on ( thank Christ that will be over and one with then except for a project for August :(), Just really need to start to finish off the painting of the model and she's done.

It's a credit to Des and the thought he put into the ease of contruction. There were 2 Step hangars missing from the etch but it was no big deal to scratch build them from spare brass (I thought I had lost them and spent a while looking about for them!!), I used a brass roof and I need to put on the rain steps, Handrails and Chimney.

More pics of the etch n stuff on this link if your interested: http://irishscalemodeller.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23

Also just like the Clarify that the Scale Modeller site is not mine nor set up by me, I have not got time to scratch my behind not to mind looking after a forum!!!

Cheers

G

288_8881.jpg

288_8881.jpg

Looks fantastic George. When the time comes for decals, feel free to get in touch as we've done a few bits of 20t and 30t examples before. We do a ton of Irish work, not least for the unstoppable Anthony who many of you I'm sure know (in fact we're his sole supplier). Just look at his workbench for examples of what we can do :>)

Looks fantastic George. When the time comes for decals, feel free to get in touch as we've done a few bits of 20t and 30t examples before. We do a ton of Irish work, not least for the unstoppable Anthony who many of you I'm sure know (in fact we're his sole supplier). Just look at his workbench for examples of what we can do :>)

Welcome to the board Steve :-bd