DJD's Running Sessions

Rate this topic

DJ Dangerous

26 minutes ago, Sean said:

lighting control is literally the only reason i went dcc everywhere,

DCC is kind of over-budget for me at this point in time. When it comes down to an extra wagon vs. a LP, or an extra pack vs. A LS, my money goes on the stock. I hope to go limited-DCC one day soon, but the majority will stay DC.

In this weather, DCC sun visors would be more useful than DCC lighting.

😁

my base station cost me around 30 quid in new parts and gives me smartphone app control and my non sound decoders cost 12.50 a pop ;) 

ive been tempted to go back a few times specialy with smaller layouts but i just cant bring myself to it.

DC with a DCC decoder in the loco can be a good compromise on smaller layouts as you can stop trains without turning the lights off and you cam program whatever lights you do want and you still get the same fancy momentum you would get on a full dcc system

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

my base station cost me around 30 quid in new parts and gives me smartphone app control and my non sound decoders cost 12.50 a pop ;) 

ive been tempted to go back a few times specialy with smaller layouts but i just cant bring myself to it.

DC with a DCC decoder in the loco can be a good compromise on smaller layouts as you can stop trains without turning the lights off and you cam program whatever lights you do want and you still get the same fancy momentum you would get on a full dcc system

LokPilots are only €12,50? I thought they were around €30?

Meh, the lighting doesn't bother me at the moment. Not enough to add €10 to €30 to the price of a loco. Probably WILL bother me in the future, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Sean said:

Good shout on the glass doors,  that cat is definitely taunting you and looking for its next victim!

You don't know the half of it. She's one of the most dangerous ones here.

Aside from the cats, the fine sand in the air gets everywhere - even with doors - so I have to do my best to keep it out.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, derek said:

048 looking great. Hope you keeping safe with the crazy fires down your neck of the woods.😎

Thanks, @derek! We get them every summer, usually arson, but we had no proper winter last year - no snow on Teide, no cold winds from the Atlantic, so the place is drier than usual.

Here's a video I took last summer:

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

• 1 month later...

Progress is slow.

Measurements more or less line up. It doesn't have to be perfect to the mm, as I've built in some redundancy.

Made one or two slight tweaks to the measurements over the first unit.

Supervisors insist on micro-managing.

Even Guapa, the fifteen year old blind supervisor who has to eat via a tube, insists on "getting a feel" for things...

IMG_20231023_1807488.jpg

IMG_20231023_1807599.jpg

IMG_20231023_1810196.jpg

• Like 2