DJD's Running Sessions

Rate this topic

DJ Dangerous

4 hours ago, DART8118 said:

Nice rail fleet, nice road fleet and a nice style with the video.

Thank you.

I'm not a hardcore modeller like some of the miracle workers on the forum, I just like trains, static and dynamic!

Although, I am going to try put together a slightly larger simpleton layout for Christmas:

2020-10-05 17.18.48.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

I don't really have a layout, just a board that slides under the bed for running sessions

On 8/10/2020 at 6:20 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

lubing up is a weekend thing.

Lovely bit of stock there Dave, definitely my cup of tea. 143 is a favourite of mine, it's a cracking little model.

It doesn't matter how big or small your board/layout is. What's important is that you have something to enjoy running your trains on. 

As for lubing up, yes its definitely a job that should only be tackled at the weekend :ph34r: 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 7:32 AM, NIRCLASS80 said:

Enjoy Dave. That’s what the hobby is about. Some really nice stock. 

10 hours ago, JasonB said:

Lovely bit of stock there Dave, definitely my cup of tea. 143 is a favourite of mine, it's a cracking little model.

It doesn't matter how big or small your board/layout is. What's important is that you have something to enjoy running your trains on. 

As for lubing up, yes its definitely a job that should only be tackled at the weekend :ph34r: 

Thanks!

It's just lovely to have such amazing quality RTR Irish stock to be able to run when the time happens to be available.

Todays era of MM and IRM is one that I never could have envisioned ten years ago.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Not a running session, just mocking up a short end to end layout to fit in the little space underneath the TV.

2m long plus 75cm odd inside the IKEA unit to the left. Three lines plus a couple of sidings. One line DC with a shuttle controller, one line DC and one line DCC.

Should give me space to leave some trucks and containers and stuff lying around.

Vague possibility that it'll one day be extended, but that's for another year.

IMG_20220923_1400218~2.jpg

IMG_20220923_1400014~2.jpg

IMG_20220923_1400384.jpg

IMG_20220923_1215582.jpg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Rob said:

That looks it has great potential- would be good to get some track to showcase the wide variety of stock you have !! 

Don't think I have enough track or points for what I THINK I want, at the moment.

Tacking and gluing back-boards to base-boards at the moment.

Hope to run at least one bloody train before the day is out, even just back and forth along a straight stretch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Another run for A3R today on my lunch break.

I have no more track that I'm prepared to chop up until I know what I'm doing with this, so that's it for now.

I do have some uncouplng ramps and I guess a SuperTrain blue Tara run would be nice later...

Loving the cat chorus in the background. 😁

• Funny 1

23 hours ago, Niles said:

Loving the cat chorus in the background. 😁

Yeah, as soon as they think that I'm sitting down, it's all "me me me, wah wah wah".

Ungrateful so and so's.

Dug out the box of containers and points just now and am trying to visualise the three lines. I certainly have enough track to fix two lines in place at the weekend, and maybe some of the third line.

Rear line will have two sidings, each just long enough for two 141's, and curve back to line up with the sidings. Middle line will be on a Shuttle Controller, no points, just a curve to match the rear line. Haven't fully decided on the front line, probably a loop and one long siding, something like that. Might need a three-way point to save space but we'll see.

The idea is that it's a yard area just outside a station, the imaginary station being off the right, and the "shed" inside the IKEA BILLY unit is where the mainline would be.

The shed will only have three lines entering, not four, that's just for judging the length.

Ah, all fantasy at the moment, let's see if I can even drag my carcass out of bed on Sunday to do something, or just curl up in a ball until Monday.

IMG_20220928_1833425.jpg

IMG_20220928_1837425.jpg

IMG_20220928_1838033.jpg

IMG_20220928_1838311.jpg

• Like 3