IRISH RAILWAY MODELS

Rate this topic

burnthebox

Post seems slow at the moment particularly from the UK, prob due CV-19 overload as folks are buying so much household goods online and sorting centres are overwhelmed. I cannot imagine how bad it will be after Jan 1 when the UK is a 3rd country outside the customs union and the single market. Not good for Irish modellers buying from UK. I've switched as much as possible to amazon.de and german model railway retailers. I will miss the likes of Peters Spares, Gaugemaster and Hattons. I posted an item to Spain 10 days ago and it still has not arrived. First world problems :) 

• Like 1

Don't worry, BTB, the post is a disaster everywhere at the moment!

Postal services in most countries are working reduced hours with skeleton staff, so it's impossibe for them to deliver as they would have before.

On top of that, there are less flights flying, so transport companies don't have as many options or slots as before.

But if it's Ballast or Gypsum wagons that you're waiting on, they probably haven't been posted just yet!

😅

Luckily the box of the model has no damage as i am more a collector, but have yet to test is as still waiting on a decoder, it was posted to australia, but id did sit in heathrow for a month beforehand, so difficult to know where the carelessness occured!! 

Edited by ganderino
  • Like 1

Hi guys & many apologies for the delay in replying, been busy, so I was wondering what’s going on in IRMs as I haven’t received my order, ( Ballast Train ) but now I’m only discovering that they aren’t actually in the country, ( UK ) yet, I didn’t know this until now, I’m waiting on another package from the UK & I thought just as you guys are saying the postal service is bogged down with orders as a result of the bloody COVID-19 bug, & so many people are buying on line as a result, I did email the guys in IRM’s office but no response to that or the calls I made. I thought I saw a Ballast train delivered to one on here, but I could of course be wrong, anyway having read the comments here about the postal situation so no problems, I can wait, oh & I DID PAY, HONESTLY I PAID IN STERLING / EURO...TO MAKE SURE..🤣

.thanks again one & all, 

BTB 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, burnthebox said:

Hi guys & many apologies for the delay in replying, been busy, so I was wondering what’s going on in IRMs as I haven’t received my order, ( Ballast Train ) but now I’m only discovering that they aren’t actually in the country, ( UK ) yet, I didn’t know this until now, I’m waiting on another package from the UK & I thought just as you guys are saying the postal service is bogged down with orders as a result of the bloody COVID-19 bug, & so many people are buying on line as a result, I did email the guys in IRM’s office but no response to that or the calls I made. I thought I saw a Ballast train delivered to one on here, but I could of course be wrong, anyway having read the comments here about the postal situation so no problems, I can wait, oh & I DID PAY, HONESTLY I PAID IN STERLING / EURO...TO MAKE SURE..🤣

.thanks again one & all, 

BTB 

So it's the Ballasts that IRM don't yet have in stock, that you are missing?

😆

Not to worry, they aren't too far away, I'm sure!

9 hours ago, burnthebox said:

.thanks again one & all, 

BTB 

Hi BTB,

Just to clarify, you emailed us twice on November 12th and I responded to both emails. By the tone of the second message, it appeared you had not received the first one, so maybe our responses were directed to your spam folder?

Also... the ballasts and gypsums are beings shipped directly to Dublin. :) 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

13 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Hi BTB,

Just to clarify, you emailed us twice on November 12th and I responded to both emails. By the tone of the second message, it appeared you had not received the first one, so maybe our responses were directed to your spam folder?

Also... the ballasts and gypsums are beings shipped directly to Dublin. :) 

Hi one & all, & Garfield esp. & jeseasus, youses are up early,,,!  checked the spam folder again but nothing in there, & of course I forgot about the few numbers of planes that are flying, which also would reduce the delivery services, & I don’t want any Max Jets flying overhead here thank you..😃 😄 I’m not in that much of a hurry, so thanks again,

BTB

1 minute ago, burnthebox said:

Hi one & all, & Garfield esp. & jeseasus, youses are up early,,,!  checked the spam folder again but nothing in there, & of course I forgot about the few numbers of planes that are flying, which also would reduce the delivery services, & I don’t want any Max Jets flying overhead here thank you..😃 😄 I’m not in that much of a hurry, so thanks again,

BTB

That's very odd. You emailed at 1.02pm on November 12th, and I responded to you at 1.10pm. Then you emailed later that night at 9.42pm, and I responded to you at 9.47pm. 🤔

We receive a lot of emails every day and have had no other reports of problems, so I wonder if there might be a technical issue with your email account?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Garfield said:

That's very odd. You emailed at 1.02pm on November 12th, and I responded to you at 1.10pm. Then you emailed later that night at 9.42pm, and I responded to you at 9.47pm. 🤔

We receive a lot of emails every day and have had no other reports of problems, so I wonder if there might be a technical issue with your email account?

Hi Garfield & thanks again, I’ve just checked my Spam folder again & my Trash folder again & again & there’s no reply to any of my emails in any of these folders, as to my emails, all’s fine here, 

BTB

Edited by burnthebox
  • Confused 1