B101 sulzer removed

Rate this topic

Westcorkrailway

Was just refreshing myself on their website - seems they still have a good few RTR 1950s CIE coaches, which are a good starter and alternative for those who don't relish making up kits.....

They also do a heating van, which of course is essential for anything 1960s, especially with grey and black'n'tan 121s out now, plus forthcoming IRM "A"s.

I spoke to John on the phone earlier in the year while ordering tin vans and he mentioned that the Sulzer would not be available for a while since the moulds required some work. It would be great if the issues with the front end could be addressed since the rest of the model appears quite good. 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

good to hear the silver fox model is getting fixed. Ive had great service with them so obviously if they are withdrawing it for issues with the mould then it will be back soon enough, while i myself arent interested in it, the Recent interest in 1960s stock might have meant the sulzers might have had more demand then usual.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Or someone else might be producing a bells and whistle one at some stage in the future. Fingers crossed.

Would be brilliant if IRM could add tbis very special locomotive to their 'to do' list. Is there any chance it may happen? PS Thank you IRM for the Christmas card. Very nice touch at the end of a very challenging year.

2 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I'm presuming you can DCC-chip them......

I will await their re-introduction. I'll need a green one - but I'll have to tell yer man not to put a light grey roof on it!

I can relate! I ordered a green AEC railcar set and I asked for a black roof as a pose to light grey. They also removed the lining in the green livery of a C class i ordered as that particular loco (C212) had no line or flying snail on its green livery. fair play to them for doing it I really apericiate sorting out my nitpicks!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I can relate! I ordered a green AEC railcar set and I asked for a black roof as a pose to light grey. They also removed the lining in the green livery of a C class i ordered as that particular loco (C212) had no line or flying snail on its green livery. fair play to them for doing it I really apericiate sorting out my nitpicks!

Your "nitpicks" are correct.

I know it's not everyone's thing, but surely the least a manufacturer can do is to provide models in the right livery. If the grey 121 of Murphy's had been made with blue numerals, or red bogies, there would be uproar.

Silverfox's "D" class shunters ALL have red connecting rods. None of the G or D class livery variants are correct, and "grey roof syndrome" seems to afflict much of their stuff. But credit where it is due - their production methods are well suited to supplying things the way the customer wants - red and purple "C" classes an'all - and they are to be congratulated on that. I want to emphasise that I have bought several things from them and am very happy with them.

Regarding the mid-bodyside line on "C" (and, for that matter, "A") class locos in green livery, they ran both with and without the line.

It goes without saying, of course, that on both green diesels and green carriages, the numerals, "flying snails" and this mid-waist lining should be light(er) green, not white.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WRENNEIRE said:

On the subject of Sulzers I was DCCing this one earlier today

P1120910.thumb.JPG.898ed18874a4e97baec09ba598ef25b9.JPG

P1120912.thumb.JPG.c966c8df100f5390b4aa509bc140f025.JPG

P1120911.thumb.JPG.b9d344331adfbcae18a9554df1e57d3b.JPG

Ah one of the incredible Gareth Brennan scratch built specials. One of only 21 ever built. Probably on a Bachman class 20 chassis so a good runner too I expect. Rarer than a faberge egg. Love that livery. MVL?