Rate this topic

Irishrailwayman

On 15/10/2021 at 10:56 PM, connollystn said:

Wexford won't know itself with all of us Dubs descending on the town the 24th inst. Really looking forward to the show - have my train ticket booked already. Wonder if the guys at I R M will use this opportunity to make a few announcements. 

Phew glad I read this again. I was planning to do the Monday, Thing is young wan became Cork Country champ the other week in x country so stuck to go to the Munster Champs now on Sunday so wont get there now..:/

• Like 4

Update from WMRC

Preparations are well underway for the WMRC Open Day this Sunday. We hope to see lots of you there for this first post-covid model railway show. 

In line with public health measures that will come into effect this Friday, COVID Certs/proof of vaccination will be checked at the door, face masks must be worn indoors including in the main hall and social distancing should be observed. There will be ample room for social distancing in the hall.

The hall opens at 11am on Sunday. Donations will be accepted at the door for WMRC building extension and club funds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a short message as the show is getting close, given currents covid guidance, covid certs will be needed and will be checked by St Joseph’s front desk, masks and social distancing will also be needed, but given the space in the hall distancing should not be an issue,
Look forward to seeing everyone

• Like 4

We had all hoped that the remaining covid restrictions would be lifted by 22nd October 2021 but it turns out to be just a partial reprieve. The good news is that there are no longer restrictions on numbers for indoor events but the bad news is that valid Covid Certificates and photo ID will be necessary to access the upcoming Open Day in Wexford.

On 18/10/2021 at 3:02 PM, connollystn said:

@Irishrailwayman - Other than voluntary donations on the day will there be a raffle aswel?

connollystn: No raffle this time due to covid (to avoid handling money/tickets etc).

Hi everyone,

I will be there with my IRM hat on with some As, wagons and our buses for sale, as well as some nice accessory items and a couple of warehouse finds too. So, make sure you drop by, say hi, and check out what we have on the day. Will be fantastic to see some familiar faces after so long.

Oh, and something new too (small but very nice announcement!) :) 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6

I hope that somebody's gonna be streaming some of the show to YouTube.

It'd be nice to catch WRENNEIRE beating up RimFix in a corner while stealing his 141's, and for those of us trapped in sunny paradise, it would be nice to catch the IRM announcement live in 4K while we take a breather in the shade.

Any offers???

7 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

I will be there with my IRM hat on with some As, wagons and our buses for sale, as well as some nice accessory items and a couple of warehouse finds too. So, make sure you drop by, say hi, and check out what we have on the day. Will be fantastic to see some familiar faces after so long.

Oh, and something new too (small but very nice announcement!) :) 

Cheers!

Fran 

Will the hats be for sale???

• Like 1

Was thinking of getting Warbonnet into a head-lock as to remove his I.R.M. hat but I don't fancy taking responsibility for a model of the next Irish railway prototype.

As for streaming the Wexford show, just need to find the record button on my Nokia 3310 and Bob's your uncle.

By the way, if anyone attending the show on Sunday want to know who I am, I'll be the 53 year old guy going through a mid-life crisis.  

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

2 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Was thinking of getting Warbonnet into a head-lock as to remove his I.R.M. hat but I don't fancy taking responsibility for a model of the next Irish railway prototype.

As for streaming the Wexford show, just need to find the record button on my Nokia 3310 and Bob's your uncle.

By the way, if anyone attending the show on Sunday want to know who I am, I'll be the 53 year old guy going through a mid-life crisis.  

So you'll be the one in the convertible, with a girlfriend younger than your daughter, wearing a blood-stained IRM hat?

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Eagles said:

Looking forward to the Wexford show. Hopefully the IRM announcement will be the Beet wagon or the Ammonia wagons. I’m looking forward to seeing the layouts and the traders at the show. 

Well now, Mr Eagles - why do you need a RTR beet wagon? Pop along to the Provincial Wagons stand and buy my kit of the wagon from Lorna - who has taken on the great job that Anthony did for me.

Her first outing with a Provincial Wagons "hat" on (sorry, Fran!) so give her some business.

If you don't believe it's easy to make, ask Robert Roche of the local club. He made ten within a couple of days of getting them from me.

DSC02568.thumb.JPG.8eafb7a920c179c4c402d2363be78fed.JPG

The bad news is that Lorna  only has ten of them to sell - thanks to the Little Englanders, moving stuff "home" ain't easy - working on it!

DSC02037.thumb.JPG.d3244ed49d12a338be66b16db18f8d6b.JPG

Have a great day guys. Well done the Boys of Wexford for getting "exhibitions" back on the rails!

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, connollystn said:

@Irishrailwayman - Forgot to thank you for responding to my query regarding a raffle. Anyway, looking forward to my day away from the not so smokey big smoke. Hope you guys down there will be able to understand my strong Dublin accent.

Open Day all set up! Love the Dublin accent so come along and say hello.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So who's live-streaming the show to YouTube for us???

It won't be me, woke up just before 11hrs00. I'm shell shocked, have been so looking forward to the show since it was announced. Just staring out of the window in my apartment wondering what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. I'm livid - it'll possibly another 53 weeks before there's an opportunity for me to attend another exhibition. (Angry emoji)*

*Don't know where to find the emoji icons on my tablet

• WOW! 1

38 minutes ago, connollystn said:

It won't be me, woke up just before 11hrs00. I'm shell shocked, have been so looking forward to the show since it was announced. Just staring out of the window in my apartment wondering what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. I'm livid - it'll possibly another 53 weeks before there's an opportunity for me to attend another exhibition. (Angry emoji)*

*Don't know where to find the emoji icons on my tablet

Ah crap.

Better luck next year!

4 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Yup!

DART due out Q4 of next year!

Thanks for that update. In the pub here [Dublin] watching the Manchester United -v- Liverool game but little do the people in here know that I've slightly more important things on my mind.

PS. Still raging that I slept in this morning and didn't make the Wexford show

• Funny 1

Absolutely brilliant day out with good company, and meeting so many old faces for the first time since the lockdown.... great layouts - I was particularly impressed by Bog Road and TTC's diesel depot. But all were good.

Naturally, I came back with yet a few more Provincial Wagons.........

Well done Wexford!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1