Rate this topic

Irishrailwayman

A great day and wonderful to see faces again.Many thanks to Ken Fox who  brought the Killeagh-Youghal staff for me to see.And legendary photographr Richard Wall who's 1978 photo of Bog Road Level Crossing near Youghal inspired me to do a layout of it.Oh and Fran twisted me arm to buy the A1 special edition.

20211024_120503.jpg

20211024_133104.jpg

Edited by enniscorthyman
  • Like 8

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hi yesterday, it was fantastic to see so many familiar faces once again and meet some new ones too. I was kept very busy on the IRM stand too so thank you to everyone who made a purchase and offered such amazing feedback on the As.

Finally thank you to the gang at Wexford MRC who were so welcoming, helpful and who put on a great show in what is still a very difficult time. Everyone had a very enjoyable day.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 13

12 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

What's the massive layout with the two angry guys inside?

That guy sitting beside the Diesel Depot... Is he plugged into the wall?

No nearly all WMRC layouts use tablet and smartphone wireless cabs.

What's the massive layout with the two angry guys inside?

LS - Little Siddington is WMRCs large O gauge layout. Probably the largest layout in the country, certainly the largest portable layout in Ireland. I didn't notice any angry people. Was that just a covid mask perception?

LS wiring, signalling and control is a master piece. O gauge stock on the move has such presence It is amazing to see how much LS has come on in its finishing and detail since its first outing at Reheny only a few years ago. A testament to great team work and collaboration with different members contributing their own unique talents ensuring all the elements progressed to a high and reliable standard. It amazes me how quickly that layout can be errected and assembled. Testament to great design and robust reliability of the track work, electronics and scenics. Well done to all. And a great club layout for members to run their growing inventory of O gauge models. It's also been great to see private members building their own O gauge shunting layouts some of which can be plugged into LS. An inspiring club with a great active membership. Collaboration at its best. And expansion plans for the club house too.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Wow!

Little Siddington is something else. Some of those photos look like the real thing.

Stunning work.

Yes its testament to the collective body of work and diverse talents many of the WMRC members brought to bare on its design and construction. 

• Like 3

WMRC will be exhibiting our 'Little Siddington' O gauge layout virtually at the Gauge O Guild's Model Rail Show on the 6th November 2021. This free show takes place from 09:30 to 17:00 on the 6th November, with the recordings available until the 30th November. There will be live Q&A's, chances to meet the exhibitors and 15+ layouts on display for the event. More details on the Gauge O Guild website.

We have prepared a short 10-minute video of the layout including narration from some of our members which describes the layout, construction methods and the rolling stock. We will make the video available after the Gauge O Guild show.

@DJ DangerousHere's your photoshop.

1942415170_Photoshop2.jpg.757471fb08bfdfc15863048f06e65b30.jpg

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

5 minutes ago, RobertRoche said:

WMRC will be exhibiting our 'Little Siddington' O gauge layout virtually at the Gauge O Guild's Model Rail Show on the 6th November 2021. This free show takes place from 09:30 to 17:00 on the 6th November, with the recordings available until the 30th November. There will be live Q&A's, chances to meet the exhibitors and 15+ layouts on display for the event. More details on the Gauge O Guild website.

We have prepared a short 10-minute video of the layout including narration from some of our members which describes the layout, construction methods and the rolling stock. We will make the video available after the Gauge O Guild show.

@DJ DangerousHere's your photoshop.

1942415170_Photoshop2.jpg.757471fb08bfdfc15863048f06e65b30.jpg

Speechless...

WOW!

• Like 1

On 24/10/2021 at 12:05 PM, connollystn said:

It won't be me, woke up just before 11hrs00. I'm shell shocked, have been so looking forward to the show since it was announced. Just staring out of the window in my apartment wondering what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. I'm livid - it'll possibly another 53 weeks before there's an opportunity for me to attend another exhibition. (Angry emoji)*

*Don't know where to find the emoji icons on my tablet

Never mind - Wexford MRC are pencilling in plans to host an exhibition again at Easter 2022 17th April all being ok covid-wise. So, not too long to wait perhaps.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Irishrailwayman said:

Never mind - Wexford MRC are pencilling in plans to host an exhibition again at Easter 2022 17th April all being ok covid-wise. So, not too long to wait perhaps.

After previously saying that they would have it in May and never Easter again 🤔🤔. Easter is the wrong time and there was me thinking WMRC had learned after a few times.... 

10 hours ago, TimO said:

The views of Bog Road level crossing show just how much detail can be modelled in a relatively small space and still have a continuous run, I didn’t fully appreciate its size until I saw this photo:

image.png.a743112f314befd401175e83c0341d7d.png 

Thanks TimO.

Bog Road has to fit onto my attic and my 7 seater car,so it's a bit odd especially  in the fiddle area as only two roads can be used.My good friend Enda Byrne did a great job building very robust baseboards.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Blaine said:

After previously saying that they would have it in May and never Easter again 🤔🤔. Easter is the wrong time and there was me thinking WMRC had learned after a few times.... 

There were some fine Crowds during the Easter shows, It was the Fab Weather on some of the days where people did outdoor stuff. Same any other weekend. The Dubs Don't travel in Numbers anyhow. 

With the price of Fuel gone up now, it will be a choice for me between a 70 notes tank of diesel or throwing money at something else.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, connollystn said:

That's the real reason I missed the Wexford show last Sunday. I've no fear of going to Spain for my holidays but start to suffer from anxiety at the thoughts of having to venture deep into the wilderness.

And the language difficulties...

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, connollystn said:

What's wrong with having a show at Easter? Better than waiting until the end of October next year. 17th April 2022 is 24 weeks and 5 days away - hope I'll alive to see it.

Wexford MRC is the only club in Ireland to run two events each year since 2009 to promote the model railway hobby (apart from 2020) and were first out of the blocks in 2021.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, connollystn said:

That's the real reason I missed the Wexford show last Sunday. I've no fear of going to Spain for my holidays but start to suffer from anxiety at the thoughts of having to venture deep into the wilderness.

In numbers!!, I know a few Escape the odd time but when compared to the Dublin shows small in comparison. I noticed that from my time when I brought my N gauge layout down. :)

• Funny 1