Hattons launch 'Irish' range of Genesis Coaches

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/3/2024 at 4:26 PM, Edo said:

Anybody had an update from Rails yet?

I got in touch with Rails' customer service  today to see if there was an update on the pre-orders for the Hattons Genesis coaches. This was their response:

"We haven't yet started to raise the orders for the Genesis coaches but will be doing so in the near future. As long as you had a confirmed preorder with Hattons, we will fulfil this preorder."

So, no updates yet but it looks like we can expect to hear from them soon

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Flying Snail said:

I got in touch with Rails' customer service  today to see if there was an update on the pre-orders for the Hattons Genesis coaches. This was their response:

"We haven't yet started to raise the orders for the Genesis coaches but will be doing so in the near future. As long as you had a confirmed preorder with Hattons, we will fulfil this preorder."

So, no updates yet but it looks like we can expect to hear from them soon

The info I had tends to concur with this; summer to early autumn.

I had ordered a single example of each. When I did so, the full brake in black’n’tan was sold out on pre-order - I think I got the last one. 

it’s just occurred to me - if Rails are posting these things out instead of Hattons, what’s the situation with customs charges? Should I get them sent to my “safe house” address in the north?

2 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

it’s just occurred to me - if Rails are posting these things out instead of Hattons, what’s the situation with customs charges? Should I get them sent to my “safe house” address in the north?

I've bought recently from Rails. Its relatively straight forward - no customs charges (and no UK VAT), but you will have to pay Irish VAT and the customs handling fee

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Flying Snail said:

I've bought recently from Rails. Its relatively straight forward - no customs charges (and no UK VAT), but you will have to pay Irish VAT and the customs handling fee

Thanks for that, Flying Snail. In that case they go to the north!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Thanks for that, Flying Snail. In that case they go to the north!

Which just means you’ll pay UK vat instead of Irish VAT. 

Theybare due to be finished end of May and then add shipping so likely early to mid august for stock. 

• 1 month later...

Was in touch with Rails on another matter this morning - i also asked about the Genesis coaches status - essentially the stuff is in production and they are waiting until the consigment is in stock before moving the customers orders over to their system for payment and delivery.....expected to happen over next couple of months - there ye go! - they'll be here when they're here!

• Like 8

On 30/5/2024 at 1:03 PM, Edo said:

Was in touch with Rails on another matter this morning - i also asked about the Genesis coaches status - essentially the stuff is in production and they are waiting until the consigment is in stock before moving the customers orders over to their system for payment and delivery.....expected to happen over next couple of months - there ye go! - they'll be here when they're here!

I mourn the passing of Hattons; with my last correspondence with their model developers they were looking favourably on GSR livery too! GSWR would have followed…..!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

I mourn the passing of Hattons; with my last correspondence with their model developers they were looking favourably on GSR livery too! GSWR would have followed…..!

May yet...

3 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

May yet...

🤯 

image.png.6807bf7d409a3ab0133b0250cf12b3c5.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I suspect we'll see another run of AccuraGen coaches at some stage...

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

As of today, Rails say:

Hi Dave,

I appreciate the concern, they have been on order for a long time, and with everything that happened at Hattons there was a period of uncertainty.

I am pleased to be able to say that we have had confirmation all the originally ordered models have been produced, and the ship is leaving port with them tomorrow.

We have been advised to expect them in the UK in about twelve weeks.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 3

I also asked whether they need order numbers etc in my subsequent mail, as I had split my pre-order into several smaller ones, and they said:

Hi Dave.

We will have all the information, so not to worry.

We will be in touch with you once they arrive.

• Informative 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Loud silence from Rails of Sheffield on these; not a sausage on their website, nor any update on Hattons.

So near, yet seemingly still so far?

Info in preceeding three posts:

On 8/7/2024 at 4:22 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

As of today, Rails say:

On 8/7/2024 at 5:50 PM, BosKonay said:

Should be here for September hopefully so. 

On 8/7/2024 at 8:17 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

I also asked whether they need order numbers etc in my subsequent mail, as I had split my pre-order into several smaller ones, and they said:

• Like 2

What I find a little puzzling is the shipping time of 12 weeks from china , when the usual shipping time 

for a container ship from china to a UK port is 28 to 30 days . Also rails could of at least informed customers with pre orders, of the eta of their order and of ships name so tracking could be viewed  . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/7/2024 at 10:40 PM, Crossley said:

What I find a little puzzling is the shipping time of 12 weeks from china , when the usual shipping time 

for a container ship from china to a UK port is 28 to 30 days . Also rails could of at least informed customers with pre orders, of the eta of their order and of ships name so tracking could be viewed  . 

Transit at the moment, on FAST boats, is at least 5 weeks, and depending on routing can be a lot more, with most ships still going around Africa.

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

Transit at the moment, on FAST boats, is at least 5 weeks, and depending on routing can be a lot more, with most ships still going around Africa.

Some Transit routes involve arriving at Southend.

Transit van parked on Southend beach gets submerged | Daily Mail Online

• Funny 9

On 30/7/2024 at 10:40 PM, Crossley said:

for a container ship from china to a UK port is 28 to 30 days . Also rails could have at least informed customers with pre orders, of the eta of their order and of ships name so tracking could be viewed  . 

Yes.  Why aren’t rails keeping me fully informed 24-7 about the status of MY ORDER that I haven’t yet paid for instead of focussing on running their business.

Interesting choice of content for a first post on IRM.

Personally I am happy to carry on modelling and let the coaches and other preorders turn up when they do rather than fret as to where they are.  If you are really vexed you can always contact Rails directly, as others have done.

Cheers

DariuS

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Yes.  Why aren’t rails keeping me fully informed 24-7 about the status of MY ORDER that I haven’t yet paid for instead of focussing on running their business.

Interesting choice of content for a first post on IRM.

Personally I am happy to carry on modelling and let the coaches and other preorders turn up when they do rather than fret as to where they are.  If you are really vexed you can always contact Rails directly, as others have done.

Cheers

DariuS

I want to click the "Like" icon, the "Laughing" icon, the "Agree" icon, and give you a medal.

Whiff of @Fowler4f and his many profiles off that cross @Crossley introduction.

😂😂😂😂

From speaking with Rails on and off, they sound like they have their hands full.

Maybe they should have just cancelled the whole Genesis project to apease the one or two moaners, and to Hell with the rest of us...

• Like 3

Just be lucky that you were able to order them in the first place, I waited for ages only to be told that my order had been cancelled, so unless they do a second run (which I doubt) I won't be getting any of them

22 minutes ago, Colin R said:

Just be lucky that you were able to order them in the first place, I waited for ages only to be told that my order had been cancelled, so unless they do a second run (which I doubt) I won't be getting any of them

Am sure news about Genesis will be along soon enough. In the mean time the incoming run won’t be much longer. 

50 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

My biggest wonder is whether Run 2 will be branded AccuraSis or GeniScale...

Combining brand names isn't always a good idea, it's why the Cunard / Aer Lingus merger was called off.

• Funny 5

9 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Combining brand names isn't always a good idea, it's why the Cunard / Aer Lingus merger was called off.

What's wrong with Aer Lard?

Aptly describes a lot of passengers if you ask me...

Can't find any other way of combining those two names, nope, it's beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

I asked Rails if they could verify my Hatton's Genesis order today, it concerns me "no order information" answer. 

Hi Paul,

I am afraid we have not received any order information as of yet, we will be receiving the order information and the models early September, and we will be in touch to confirm the details.

Kind regards,
Joe

image.png.33ee622810401155234090d1683423e1.png

Edited by K801
  • Informative 2

55 minutes ago, Tractionman said:

Those Hornby Genesis knockoffs aren't half bad. Picked one up, and while not 100% up to Genesis level, it's not far behind at all.

Also quite sure that @jhb171achill told me that one of the Hornby liveries is a dead ringer for an Irish livery.

LNWR or LSBCR maybe?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Those Hornby Genesis knockoffs aren't half bad. Picked one up, and while not 100% up to Genesis level, it's not far behind at all.

Also quite sure that @jhb171achill told me that one of the Hornby liveries is a dead ringer for an Irish livery.

LNWR or LSBCR maybe?

LNWR livery is pretty much dead on for Dundalk Newry and Greenore Railway 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1