Hattons launch 'Irish' range of Genesis Coaches

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/3/2024 at 4:26 PM, Edo said:

Anybody had an update from Rails yet?

I got in touch with Rails' customer service  today to see if there was an update on the pre-orders for the Hattons Genesis coaches. This was their response:

"We haven't yet started to raise the orders for the Genesis coaches but will be doing so in the near future. As long as you had a confirmed preorder with Hattons, we will fulfil this preorder."

So, no updates yet but it looks like we can expect to hear from them soon

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Flying Snail said:

I got in touch with Rails' customer service  today to see if there was an update on the pre-orders for the Hattons Genesis coaches. This was their response:

"We haven't yet started to raise the orders for the Genesis coaches but will be doing so in the near future. As long as you had a confirmed preorder with Hattons, we will fulfil this preorder."

So, no updates yet but it looks like we can expect to hear from them soon

The info I had tends to concur with this; summer to early autumn.

I had ordered a single example of each. When I did so, the full brake in black’n’tan was sold out on pre-order - I think I got the last one. 

it’s just occurred to me - if Rails are posting these things out instead of Hattons, what’s the situation with customs charges? Should I get them sent to my “safe house” address in the north?

2 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

it’s just occurred to me - if Rails are posting these things out instead of Hattons, what’s the situation with customs charges? Should I get them sent to my “safe house” address in the north?

I've bought recently from Rails. Its relatively straight forward - no customs charges (and no UK VAT), but you will have to pay Irish VAT and the customs handling fee

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Flying Snail said:

I've bought recently from Rails. Its relatively straight forward - no customs charges (and no UK VAT), but you will have to pay Irish VAT and the customs handling fee

Thanks for that, Flying Snail. In that case they go to the north!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Thanks for that, Flying Snail. In that case they go to the north!

Which just means you’ll pay UK vat instead of Irish VAT. 

Theybare due to be finished end of May and then add shipping so likely early to mid august for stock.