All Manors Of Updates - Production Of Our Manor Well Underway

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Great news! Production of our first steam locomotive, the GWR 78xx Manor Class, is well underway at the factory. As can be seen in the photos below, production has been underway for some time now, with the parts cast and moulded, and decoration now under way.

Manor_Production_2_600x600.png?v=1669118

Manor_Production_3_600x600.jpg?v=1669118

Manor_Production_6_2f5f84f6-c344-4667-a5

Manor_Production_8_600x600.jpg?v=1669118

the tampo printing process is now beginning as can be seen with the lining on the cab side in the above photo documenting the process. This begun late last week. It's been great progress since production commenced early last month.

Accurascale-Manor-7808-05_f2f1dc06-e696-

While production progress by the factory has been excellent, swift and efficient, our hopes of having them in stock by the end of this year has proven to be a smidge ambitious. However, delivery is really not to far away, with completion of production expected just after Chinese New Year, which commences in early January and then testing and shipping which will see delivery in late Q1, March 2023. We apologise for this further slight delay, but as you can see, we are really on the home straight now and these will arrive just after our first batch of Class 37s.

Our first steam locomotive has been a learning curve for us, but a very enjoyable one. The response from modellers has been hugely positive too, so expect more steam from us in 2023! With several Manors already sold out on pre-order we expect the remaining stock to do the same in the coming weeks ahead of delivery. Don't miss out on this next level of steam locomotive, pre-order via your local stockist or direct by clicking here.

View the full article

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Our first steam locomotive has been a learning curve for us, but a very enjoyable one. The response from modellers has been hugely positive too, so expect more steam from us in 2023! With several Manors already sold out on pre-order we expect the remaining stock to do the same in the coming weeks ahead of delivery. Don't miss out on this next level of steam locomotive, pre-order via your local stockist or direct by clicking here.

View the full article

Did I hear Cork Bandon and south coast railway Baldwin tank engines.

4BBBF107-66F8-4F73-8504-2F8EB1A0C753.jpeg.f6421b909325948bcca69e0923f8d865.jpeg

• WOW! 1

2 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

the Side on looks lovely. Severely Tempted but GW.!!

Will look forward to seeing these running on the internet for sure! 

Normally, George, I'd agree with the "but GW" bit.

But, the inescapable fact is that GWR locos LOOK nice.

Leslie (GWR Soc Member Number 2371 - I think?)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Normally, George, I'd agree with the "but GW" bit.

But, the inescapable fact is that GWR locos LOOK nice.

Leslie (GWR Soc Member Number 2371 - I think?)

They look nice Leslie, agreed. But there’s only one railway where the G stands for Glorious! 
http://eiretrains.com/steamindex/#GNR171_20100818_003_CC_JA.jpg

85742A98-A014-4233-8882-0F0AF6B4CF4D.jpeg

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Andy Cundick said:

Just remember GWR stands for Gods Wonderful Railway and not without reason Andy (ex Swindon apprentice)

If it’s so great, why are you modelling the 5’3 and not 7’ Andy ? ;) 😀 And yes, I did spend years of my life living in Wilts near Wootton Bassett junction so I do know about the Greasy Wet and Rusty….

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

15 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

If it’s so great, why are you modelling the 5’3 and not 7’ Andy ? ;) 😀 And yes, I did spend years of my life living in Wilts near Wootton Bassett junction so I do know about the Greasy Wet and Rusty….

I did find these rather oversized sleepers at Blist's Hill, near Ironbridge, but I didn't have the means to measure them at the time.

1441615992_7S4Update694.thumb.JPG.4d5da0ea97838d0a2f09a71cd67f1f14.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Galteemore said:

The simple answer to that is yes i am,there is a slowly developing model of Marlborough along with several other projects,the sticking point at the moment is the 3 way point,there is also about 20 standard gauge locos not to mention the layout i'm taking to Warley this year  is a scale  model of Llanfair Caereinion  in the 1930's the classic GW branch line terminusAndy.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

10 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Great news! Production of our first steam locomotive, the GWR 78xx Manor Class, is well underway at the factory. As can be seen in the photos below, production has been underway for some time now, with the parts cast and moulded, and decoration now under way....

Probably OT, but did you manage to rectify the missing crankpin web in the post-1930 driving wheel in the end?