Unsociable hours query to Accurascale

Rate this topic

spudfan

Once again I lashed off a query to Accurascale in the wee hours of the morning. It  concerned the forth coming class 66. Sure enough I got a prompt reply. They seem to be open all hours, despite the site saying they would be away until Monday. This is all good and dandy for people like me with queries being sent in at ungodly hours. There is one thing I dread when I send one in at unsociable hours, namely what happens if "The Mammy" of one of the IRM/Accurascale people takes umbrage at this and goes on the warpath? 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Lol, luckily we are spread over a number of time zones, include several insomniacs, at least one new parent and the rest of us are just a bit mad, so it's all good :)

While I'm glad that's the case, and l have been impressed at the rapid responses to emails in the past, please don't any of you guys burn yourselves out. Not while there's still lots of lovely models to be made!

Michael

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Jarl said:

While I'm glad that's the case, and l have been impressed at the rapid responses to emails in the past, please don't any of you guys burn yourselves out. Not while there's still lots of lovely models to be made!

Michael

So many models, never enough time!

Got a phone call yesterday. It was an unknown woman. "This is it , I thought. It's the Mammy of one of that Accurascale crowd going to hammer me for the out of hours communications. Actually I was wrong. It turned out to be an "Eir" scam. Relief is not the word....

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

I have to second your OP, @spudfan.

I'll often write to IRM at very very unsociable hours. I never expect a response there and then, it's more about getting the message sent off because I know that I won't be able to compose it properly during less-unsociable hours.

I'm happy to wait until the following week for a reply, it's never ever that urgent.

And yet, the long-suffering @Garfield is there replying in the middle of the night and at weekends and stuff.

I almost feel guilty for writing in the first place, when he replies.

We truly are spoiled with the level of customer service that we receive, and from reading RMWeb, the Accurascale end of things is just as well covered.

So thank you to the IRM lads for the care that they show!

Edited by DJ Dangerous
Spelling
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I have to second your OP, @spudfan.

I'll often write to IRM at very very unsociable hours. I never expect a response there and then, it's more about getting the message sent off because I know that I won't be able to compose it properly during less-unsociable hours.

I'm happy to wait until the following week for a reply, it's never ever that urgent.

And yet, the long-suffering @Garfield is there replying in the middle of the night and at weekends and stuff.

I almost feel guilty for writing in the first place, when he replies.

We truly are spoiled with the level of customer service that we receive, and from reading RMWeb, the Accurascale end of things is just as well covered.

So thank you to the IRM lads for the care that they show!

Being of a nocturnal disposition, ‘tis many a communication I’ve had with the same Garfield at times when anyone half normal is in the land of zzzzzzz’s……

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

On a tangeant but along the same lines, a couple of older posts, long predating the Ballasts, have popped up while searching the forum.

One thing that stands out, almost screams at me, is the integrity, humility, professionalism and courtesy of @BosKonay, @Warbonnet and @Garfield. Time and time again they stand up for other manufacturers, they chastise those taking pot shots and they try to do what is right.

Examples are @Davidand @Killucan2 sniping at ECM Trains and at Murphy Models, and the lads are straight in to defend the victims. There are lots of other examples but over time, the picture becomes clearer.

There are several members who stand out in this aspect, @WRENNEIRE, @JasonB @RedRichand several others whose usernames escape me right now.

There's a delicate balance between what IS right and what appears right - I try to find this balance when dealing with some of the nastier bullying posts that are made, sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail.

But what strikes me is the consistency with which the IRM lads TRY to say and do what is right. Not what is popular nor what is easy, but what is right. Their effort is consistent and unquestionable.

Aside from the quality of the models, the diversity of the range, the activism and sponsorship of community events, the communication and customer service, the honesty and openness, the moral and ethical compass of IRM is beyond reproach.

Take a bow.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

On a tangeant but along the same lines, a couple of older posts, long predating the Ballasts, have popped up while searching the forum.

One thing that stands out, almost screams at me, is the integrity, humility, professionalism and courtesy of @BosKonay, @Warbonnet and @Garfield. Time and time again they stand up for other manufacturers, they chastise those taking pot shots and they try to do what is right.

Examples are @Davidand @Killucan2 sniping at ECM Trains and at Murphy Models, and the lads are straight in to defend the victims. There are lots of other examples but over time, the picture becomes clearer.

There are several members who stand out in this aspect, @WRENNEIRE, @JasonB @RedRichand several others whose usernames escape me right now.

There's a delicate balance between what IS right and what appears right - I try to find this balance when dealing with some of the nastier bullying posts that are made, sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail.

But what strikes me is the consistency with which the IRM lads TRY to say and do what is right. Not what is popular nor what is easy, but what is right. Their effort is consistent and unquestionable.

Aside from the quality of the models, the diversity of the range, the activism and sponsorship of community events, the communication and customer service, the honesty and openness, the moral and ethical compass of IRM is beyond reproach.

Take a bow.

IRM/Stephen, Fran, Patrick's excellent customer service approach makes good business sense  and is one of the key principals of Total Quality Management.

Looking back over the events of the past 10-12 years what impresses me most is IRM 'founders" strategy of setting up and funding the add-free Irish Railway Modeller news group as a vehicle to promote interest in Irish railway modelling, which in turn provided a springboard for the launch of IRMs first model the CIE Ballast wagon, the directors had the capability to commission the models directly from the Chinese factories without an intermediary after DJ stuffed up, the quality of the first model and doing business directly with the Chinese factories provided the spring board to expand the IRM range of Irish models and more importantly from a business perspective launch Accurascale and enter the UK market, a text book example of business start up and expansion. 

Edited by Mayner
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2

• 2 months later...

Just have to add to this thread again. Have been in touch with IRM a bit lately, poor aul' @Garfield must be sick of me, but the courtesy and proffesionalism is unflappable!

I tend to keep odd-ish hours, probably don't sleep enough, anybody who gets close to me says that I have a thyroid problem and I'm overactive, but bejeesus, Patrick takes the biscuit.

I'm genuinely starting to suspect that P.A.T.R.I.C.K. is an acronym for some kind of AI supercomputer with a deepfake face edited into a handful of photos to fool us.

Powerful Artificial Turbocharged Resident Intelligent Computer Kit, I dunno.

Credit where it's due, we are spoiled with this kind of service.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, John-r said:

any of the lads are in the same mould, well done all.

I believe that there are actually several similar moulds, but only to accommodate issues of bodywork size and some detail equipment fittings.

Edited by Broithe
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3