eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 2 weeks later...
The three pack of ballast wagons went for £89, approx €101. Quite how he can afford to sell at such a discount.

Stephen

Its the risk you take with ebay. For every person who got a bargain there is someone who recorded a loss. Same way there are always people who match 99p opening bids and dont bid any more even if the item sells for £50 or more. Ebay wont give the value of an item, only what someone is willing to pay, whether its a high or low price

• 1 month later...

Admittedly the Lima models are not up to the standard of the later ones produced under the Murphy Models banner, they are, nonetheless, good models. Lima were always known for the coarseness of their wheels but my two examples run through Peco code 75 pointwork no trouble at all. And let’s not forget that they were the first true Irish RTR model.

Stephen

2 hours ago, Colin R said:

Not that I am interest (to modern for me) but what is a good price for them? or more to the point what will you guys pay for them just in case I see any at the up coming shows over the next few months.

Colin

Colin

Because of the new MM 201's these Lima ones are not as popular as once they were

I really try and avoid them and usually offer somewhere in the region of €30 - €40 for them as a trade in

Would then try to get €50 or so for them after a full service

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Garfield said:

%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B5%D0%

Like these ones? :)

Well call me a "brass fan" and etch my brain, I stand corrected and I thought I knew a thing or two about Garda fleet vehicles.  :D Great finds Patrick. That blasted gear lever was a nightmare. 

1 hour ago, perfectcousin said:

No this is the Herbert Richards material that was produced in 1970.

Yes, I re-read the original post and amended my initial response as just above!

I incorrectly thought you meant that the eBay seller was implying the track plans were intended to represent 1970.

In reality, lifting wasn't complete, so some locations probably still had some or all of their track.

5 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Split chassis is a big avoid. Better to buy a DCC ready one like 32-235 for about £80 from somewhere such as Hattons and just change the decals to NCC. 

21 minutes ago, Noel said:

Split chassis is a big avoid. Better to buy a DCC ready one like 32-235 for about £80 from somewhere such as Hattons and just change the decals to NCC. 

Did these not come after split frame chassis era? It might not have a DCC socket, but I don't think they're split frame. 

52 minutes ago, Noel said:

Coming at it from the collectors end of things Noel, would need to be in its correct box with all the correct bits etc

So only  250 of #18 & 250 of #19 made which puts it in the rare category, but starting at £230 (around €265?) is really taking the "hit and miss"

Old records show best price for a #19 was £155 back in 09

So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!

1 hour ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Coming at it from the collectors end of things Noel, would need to be in its correct box with all the correct bits etc

So only  250 of #18 & 250 of #19 made which puts it in the rare category, but starting at £230 (around €265?) is really taking the "hit and miss"

Old records show best price for a #19 was £155 back in 09

So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!

Hi Dave. Sure understand. I just run them. :) Noel

ps. The musicality of your little melody above got me wondering if you been in "the" D8 band? :cool:

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Did these not come after split frame chassis era? It might not have a DCC socket, but I don't think they're split frame. 

Not sure now. I had assumed it was the earlier split chassis variant from the sellers description "No DCC. this would need to added professionally". But it could have been the later pre-DCC chassis in Eoin's link. Hattons have new Black BR crested ones for £85 which are DCC ready.