Hydrogen powered 071

Rate this topic

Newtoncork

On 21/10/2023 at 4:06 PM, murphaph said:

Yep, says so in the youtube description:

Cheers so no combustion, no cylinders therefore no noise, just a near silent generator. Might sound a bit like the dart. Few mechanical moving parts in power plant so less maintenance cycle costs and better reliability.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

I can see all the arguments and benefits of all these alternatives but one not mentioned is slowing down. I guess we have become such a global village it is not possible to for anywhere to be even vaguely self sufficient. The rise of the 15 minute limitation society for movement adds to the arguments about traction for mobility. 

A local friend in Wales now with some 20mph limitations has considered the family horse as a potential for the commute. It is self recharging on company grass! But garaging and running costs currently make it like a luxury car!  I guess vet bills worse than the daylight robbery of just plugging in a lap top to reset a car that is too clever for its tyres.

Robert         

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

I can see all the arguments and benefits of all these alternatives but one not mentioned is slowing down. I guess we have become such a global village it is not possible to for anywhere to be even vaguely self sufficient. The rise of the 15 minute limitation society for movement adds to the arguments about traction for mobility. 

A local friend in Wales now with some 20mph limitations has considered the family horse as a potential for the commute. It is self recharging on company grass! But garaging and running costs currently make it like a luxury car!  I guess vet bills worse than the daylight robbery of just plugging in a lap top to reset a car that is too clever for its tyres.

Robert         

Ahem!

On 22/9/2023 at 11:59 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

One other issue is increase in velocity vs. reduced autonomy. Autonomy for our van was calculated at 65kph in optimum conditions. I've tried driving faster to see what happens, and it drastically reduces the autonomy.

Apply the same logic to a battery electric freight loco and it's very easy to guess that it may not be viable.

• 3 months later...

Interesting, Was taking to a Revenue officer that looks after the imports of HVO and mentioned that the Chinese HVO imports are being scrutinised by the EU.....Because it contains so not so special ingredients. Wonder is the IR stuff from China.

300 Trees?, Surely that should be Saplings, These won't properly offset for many a year but delighted some are planted rather than them being continually cut down all over the countryside.

Edited by Georgeconna