CIE Brakevan.

Rate this topic

popeye

Here are a few pic's of a CIE Brakevan that i built. It's not the right length, it's a 10ft wheelbase and i believe it should be 12ft. But i had started

to build before i found out about the correct length. To late now.

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by popeye

Hello Popeye,

nevertheless a great vehicle you built despite the wheelbase. BTW: I think I would not have noticed it... . I like the modifications you made to the underframe with these round spring-pots and also the nicely done weathering. Could you perhaps say a word how you made the brake pipes? I need a set to complete my A Class wich alas comes from Silverfoxmodels without pipes. Great work, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Gerhard.

Hi Thanks for the comments. The brake pipe is just a bit of guitar string. I never did learn to play that thing. =))

At school I had a classmate that played the guitar very well, today he's a professional at our musical hall. He always told us guitar players jokes like this one that I remember best: What's the difference between violin and piano? The piano will burn longer... :facepalm:

Thanks for the hint, I will have to look for a shop selling guitar strings.

Hi Thanks for the comments. The brake pipe is just a bit of guitar string. I never did learn to play that thing. =))

I made up some brakepipes using 0.6mm wire with 0.15mm wire for the ribbing, prototypically correct but looks too fine for a model. Guitar wire definitely is the job. D light gauge?

It took a few months to build on and off. The lookouts or duckets were taken from an old brakevan. Here is a pic of my Ploughvan

also too short & the duckets made from plasticard it's hard to get the shape just right. the lines on the glass were made by scrapping lines across with a pin & run a black marker over the glass then wet your finger & rub it off then some will stay in the lines

that you made.

CIE Ploughvan 4..jpg

Edited by popeye

• 3 years later...
Here are a few pic's of a CIE Brakevan that i built. It's not the right length, it's a 10ft wheelbase and i believe it should be 12ft. But i had started

to build before i found out about the correct length. To late now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6703[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6704[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6705[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6709[/ATTACH]

Only found this old post tonight as I was trawling old threads. An absolutely stunning example of scratch building using plastic card, detailing, and then finishing off with a precise painting and weathering finish. Sublime and inspiring as to what can be done.

Clickey for page 1