Rachelstown and St Stephens Green

Rate this topic

That's some collection Raymond, I started to count your stock but after a while I started to doze off, there's just so many! The backdrops look really well but you have obviously been spending most your time on shelving. Looking forward to seeing further progress on the layout.

That's some collection Raymond, I started to count your stock but after a while I started to doze off, there's just so many! The backdrops look really well but you have obviously been spending most your time on shelving. Looking forward to seeing further progress on the layout.

Thanks Kieran, your right about the shelves, and a few more to construct to house the remainder. I'm currently installing drawers for most of the stock that will go under the base boards when the electrics are completed.

Regards

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi gang, this is the latest progress on the layout with most of the scenery formed with a few parts still to touch up and complete before painting and placing trees etc. Most of the buildings are placed in their final position before locking them down after painting etc. 20ix344.jpgxg0gpe.jpg4vg702.jpgqqraiv.jpgml42hl.jpg/2uonwyc.jpg[/img]2vta8n8.jpg2v84k83.jpghugep0.jpgmrbioy.jpg

BTB the landscape was formed using polystyrene pieces cut to shape, I got this from a local furniture shop which was packaging they were discarding. Covered by bonding plaster adding PVA in the water prior to mixing. I used artist palette knives to smooth as it started to harden the knives are the cheap ones from The Works shop. I've tried many methods over the years and this to me is the best way as you can do it a small area at a time. TDR