SDMRC Exhibition - Blackrock Collage October 24th-26th.

Rate this topic

steventrain

I note IRM Forum - Online modellers discussion website will attend No.22:D

Yes, Warbonnet and I will be there to hand out infractions and bans in person! :P

But seriously, though, should be a nice opportunity to put faces to names and maybe even sign-up some new recruits. :)

Yes, Warbonnet and I will be there to hand out infractions and bans in person! :P

But seriously, though, should be a nice opportunity to put faces to names and maybe even sign-up some new recruits. :)

Congratulations on this initiative, this has been suggested for many years but now at last it is happening. Great to have a meeting point for Site members. Well done.

Provincial Wagons will be on Stand 26

Remind me not to use someone else to book my stands in future, but the SDMRC has kindly made room for me, I believe in lieu of David Wynne's layout that was going to be there. Apologies to those who were dying to see David's works!

Obviously, I'll have boxfuls of my Corrugated Open kit (at €29 each - the Euro has improved?)and first sight of my next two wagons.

As I'm attending an Old Boys' Dinner in Belfast the night before, I may not be set up until about 11am on Saturday, but intend to attend all three days.

I may have some of my German rolling stock for sale, now that I've finally decided to "go native".

Do call in and say "Hi" - better still, buy some wagons!

Leslie

Thinking of visiting the Wexford show this year instead, or SDMRC Sat and Wexford Sunday. I heard they have more 00 scale layouts and less sales exhibitors. Any thoughts from folk who've been to both exhibitions in the past? Seeing layouts is what interests me most at these sort of shows, not as interested in the trade stands, although I understand the economics of running these shows needs both.

Thinking of visiting the Wexford show this year instead, or SDMRC Sat and Wexford Sunday. I heard they have more 00 scale layouts and less sales exhibitors. Any thoughts from folk who've been to both exhibitions in the past? Seeing layouts is what interests me most at these sort of shows, not as interested in the trade stands, although I understand the economics of running these shows needs both.

The WMRC show is always worth a look (I would say that wouldn't I):)http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/4874-Wexford-Model-Railway-Club-Exhibition

Went to show yesterday with JM and my son, and was most impressed by the "Belturbet" layout. Sadly SSM wasn't at the show yesterday when we visited but was on the exhibitor list. SSM was main stand I'd hoped to buy some product from. It was nice to meet Fran on the IRM stand and met face to face some folk I'd only had keyboard interaction with before.